Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   26th March 2017 - United Center, Chicago Thread (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=69928)

Bounce7800 03-26-2017 12:48 PM

26th March 2017 - United Center, Chicago Thread

http://b1.goldcoasttickets.com/blog/...UC-aerial1.jpg

Tonight's show comes from the United Center in Chicago. The band seemed to have been hanging about Chicago since at least Thursday according to Twitter. Wonder if they are rehearsing something different? (Spoiler: They're not).

2017 Setlist:

1. This House Is Not For Sale
2. Knockout
3. Bad Name
4. Lost Highway
5. Whole Lot Of Leavin'
6. Roller Coaster
7. We Weren't Born To Follow
8. Sleep When I'm Dead
9. We Got It Goin' On
10. Who Says
11. It's My Life
12. We Don't Run
13. God Bless This Mess
14. Scars On This Guitar
15. New Years Day
16. Lay Your Hands On Me
17. Born To Be My Baby
18. Have A Nice Day
19. Bad Medicine
20. Keep the Faith

21. Raise Your Hands
22. Wanted Dead or Alive
23. Livin' On a Prayer

Bon Jovi played a couple of times in Chicago in 2013, with the last time being at this venue on Oct 23 2013. The setlist was:

That's What the Water Made Me
You Give Love a Bad Name
Raise Your Hands
The Radio Saved My Life Tonight
Lost Highway
Whole Lot of Leavin'
It's My Life
Because We Can
What About Now
Captain Crash & the Beauty Queen From Mars
We Got It Goin' On
Keep the Faith
Amen
Someday I'll Be Saturday Night
Diamond Ring
(You Want to) Make a Memory
Born to Be My Baby
We Weren't Born to Follow
Who Says You Can't Go Home
I'll Sleep When I'm Dead(w/ Jumping Jack Flash, Taking Care of Business and Start Me Up )
Bad Medicine(w/ Old Time Rock and Roll)

Encore:
Wanted Dead or Alive
Work for the Working Man
I'll Be There for You

Encore 2:
Runaway
Have a Nice Day
Livin' on a Prayer

Hope everyone going has a great time. Doors at 6pm, showtime 7.30pm with support from 35th and Taylor.

Captmorgs 03-26-2017 03:07 PM

This should be a chance for some additions to the encore. At a minimum, Blood On Blood or Saturday Night. Maybe Always or Dry County. He needs to practice Dry County at least once before Toronto and MSG, right?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

KeepTheFaith2211 03-26-2017 04:10 PM

Bit of a blehhhh setlist in 2013 yet 100x better than what's currently being churned out. Hope it's a great one for those going and they get some surprises like 'Borderline', 'If That's What It Takes' and 'If I Was Your Mother' (acoustic).

LarryBJ 03-26-2017 05:19 PM

Yeah....I'm expecting ''We Rule The Night" for the Chicago show

Becky 03-26-2017 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KeepTheFaith2211 (Post 1221697)
Bit of a blehhhh setlist in 2013 yet 100x better than what's currently being churned out. Hope it's a great one for those going and they get some surprises like 'Borderline', 'If That's What It Takes' and 'If I Was Your Mother' (acoustic).

How is it 100 x better? It's mostly the same songs only with What About Now songs replacing This House songs. Since the new material is clearly superior, wouldn't that make the new set list better? The only song that even stands out is The Radio Saved My Life Tonight.

I don't understand the consistent complaining that old set lists were better. It seems like everyone was complaining then that they sucked too.

Falco 03-26-2017 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captmorgs (Post 1221688)
This should be a chance for some additions to the encore. At a minimum, Blood On Blood or Saturday Night. Maybe Always or Dry County. He needs to practice Dry County at least once before Toronto and MSG, right?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Are you going to the show capt? Looks like this is the closest they'll get to WI this leg. I'm crossing my fingers they will still be announced for Summerfest!

Captmorgs 03-26-2017 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Falco (Post 1221705)
Are you going to the show capt? Looks like this is the closest they'll get to WI this leg. I'm crossing my fingers they will still be announced for Summerfest!

No, I wish I was going tonight. Vegas was my show for this leg. A Summerfest date would be awesome!

Walleris 03-26-2017 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Becky (Post 1221704)
How is it 100 x better? It's mostly the same songs only with What About Now songs replacing This House songs. Since the new material is clearly superior, wouldn't that make the new set list better? The only song that even stands out is The Radio Saved My Life Tonight.

I don't understand the consistent complaining that old set lists were better. It seems like everyone was complaining then that they sucked too.

1) Ballads. Bon Jovi are known for them, remember? That set had I'll Be There For You, Diamond Ring, and Make A Memory. None of which has been seen this tour. Except for a couple of attempts of Always, all we have in that regard is Scars On This Guitar. Which is good for a modern song, but leaves the appetite for their signature love songs completely unfilled.
2) Sure people were complaining back then too, but that was because 2010-2011 setlists were much better. By this trajectory, next tour people will keep complaining that in 2017 Jon sounded better and sets were more interesting. Which is scary to even imagine what's in store for us...

BJFan99 03-26-2017 07:08 PM

JON, GODDAMNIT!!!!!

If you leave Always out tonight, I'll... do nothing but stare at the wall of my room and think what the hell the guy's thinking when he writes the set lists nowadays.

And, please, play Saturday Night with some ad-libs for the first time since the live-streamed Cleveland show on March 9, 2013.

Sincerely,

BJFan99

united17 03-26-2017 07:43 PM

Looking forward to this! Last saw the band at the Singapore Formula 1 concert.