Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Richie Sambora!!! (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70391)

Captain_jovi 12-22-2020 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johny (Post 1271467)
Excellent, thanks!

I know Michael Bradford but I hear her name for the first time. Maybe you'll be able to decipher the names from the show as well.

If you can give me the time stamp, yeah. I'm watching the show now. Some things work but I forgot how obvious it was so much was fixed in post production. But some of it holds up too.

Johny 12-22-2020 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1271469)
If you can give me the time stamp, yeah. I'm watching the show now. Some things work but I forgot how obvious it was so much was fixed in post production. But some of it holds up too.

Starting around 1:28:00 at the end of Good Times. Unfotunately they only aim at the keyboard player and the guitar player :/

Rdkopper 12-23-2020 04:29 AM

Oh man, that Richie interview is cringeworthy from start to finish...

First, he needs to understand that it's not the 80s anymore and he's not 20... I don't know what look he's going for but its just not working for him.

Second, his personality is just so not the Richie from Aftermath to the beginning. He was such a calm cool happy chill nice guy. He always had a permanent smile and a warm personality... I'm almost afraid of this Richie. Now he's just constantly on the defense and the words take a while to come out. The is a stumble, mumble, or hesitation before each sentence. There are times where he drifts off or takes the conversations a step too far.

I was watching his Craig Ferguson guest appearance the other day and what a different guy.

Its just all so wrong now and age is not the excuse... Nikki Sixx is the same guy he has always been and he's even older.

Sent from my SM-A015V using Tapatalk

Thinny 12-23-2020 11:43 AM

Here we go again with the same old nonsense from the same old people....

He looks well, seems happy and came across really well in the interview. Comments i've seen on social media about it (outside of Bon Jovi circles) has been very positive. I've no intrest in the way he does his hair or the way he chooses to dress...that's his choice. No one says to Keith Richards or Joe Perry that they need to start dressing like old men? How ridiculous...

He's been through a lot since Aftermath and he's also quite a bit older...people change and people age, some folks just can't seem to deal with it. I guess if people can't claim that he's drunk they need to find fault elsewhere...

And yes age is a factor, not everyone ages the same rate and Nikki has been clean living for many years, which does make a difference. We also have no idea what other health issues people may or may not have been through. We all know that Richie partied hard and that has an effect on the body long term, especially as you get older, but i've been through that on here many times, certain people just choose to ignore it...

People who are looking for Richie to look and act exactly as he did ten years ago are always going to be dissapointed. I know that I am not exactly the same person that I was ten years ago.

Alphavictim 12-23-2020 04:17 PM

I am pretty sure Nikki has had work done. He's also usually wearing a bandana when doing press these days. Speaking of which, who knows if Joe Perry's hair is real at this point. Then again, see Keith Richards, who doesn't care.

Butters 12-24-2020 12:50 AM

Bruce is a perfect example of how to grow old gracefully as a rock star. He's not trying to look 30. He's 71 and he looks amazing. I saw him on SNL last week, and yes, he has obviously had plenty of work done (hair transplants etc.) but he keeps himself in tremendously good health and it shows. As you get older, you just have to cut the hair a bit shorter and dress appropriately.

Rdkopper 12-24-2020 01:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Butters (Post 1271487)
Bruce is a perfect example of how to grow old gracefully as a rock star. He's not trying to look 30. He's 71 and he looks amazing. I saw him on SNL last week, and yes, he has obviously had plenty of work done (hair transplants etc.) but he keeps himself in tremendously good health and it shows. As you get older, you just have to cut the hair a bit shorter and dress appropriately.

His look is just part of it... When hes talking about Living On A Prayer he goes off in some weird direction. Hes really not funny anymore unless hes being awkward or inappropriate.

Sent from my SM-A015V using Tapatalk

Kathleen 12-24-2020 01:50 AM

Quote:

In my opinion Bruce has nothing to prove anymore. He's relaxed and he cares but he is not trying too hard. His work speaks for itself and he just had another #1 album - at his age. I can only hope that Bruce is basking in all of it.

Butters 12-24-2020 02:28 AM

I'm sure that he is, Kathleen. For whatever one can tell by looking in from the outside, Bruce seems to be truly happy and at peace with himself. I love how open he has been in recent years discussing his depression and how much he has been helped by the treatment he sought. That he can speak so openly about this says a lot about the level of self-acceptance he has achieved.

This is Bruce's world and the rest of us just live in it. "When they built you, brother, they broke the mold". If ever a lyric summed up an artist, this is it.

YOVANAfromPeru 12-24-2020 05:07 AM

https://instagram.ftru2-2.fna.fbcdn....84&oe=600C06CC
https://www.instagram.com/p/CJKCgA1lsJW/

Thinny 12-24-2020 12:51 PM

Quote:

As you get older, you just have to cut the hair a bit shorter and dress appropriately.

Who are we to tell people how to dress or how to cut their hair? God forbid anybody has thier own styles. Do we all need to conform as we get older and dress and cut our hair how society expects us to instead of how we want to? Screw that....

Bruce was always an everyday man and always dressed pretty low key. Richie, Keith Richards, Joe Perry and their like were all rock stars to the extreme. That's part of who they are. They are never going to be Jeans and T-shirts guys. That's just not who they are, and it baffles me that people don't see that!?

Alphavictim 12-24-2020 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thinny (Post 1271494)
Who are we to tell people how to dress or how to cut their hair? God forbid anybody has thier own styles. Do we all need to conform as we get older and dress and cut our hair how society expects us to instead of how we want to? Screw that....

Hey, Butters said it himself: Rockstars are supposed to give zero ****s, do what they want, say "faggot" and cut their hair the way he wants them to.

PanosBonJovi 12-24-2020 02:41 PM

Interesting that Orianthi and Richie got back together.

Anyway, just wanted to share a thought, since Ava is all grown up, couldn't he just return to the band?

He could release his solo album which is postponed for some reason for a while now and then move on and join Bon Jovi again.

Thinny 12-24-2020 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PanosBonJovi (Post 1271497)
Anyway, just wanted to share a thought, since Ava is all grown up, couldn't he just return to the band?

From the interviews that he's done recently it doesn't sound like that is something he's really interested in, at least at the moment.

No doubt there is more to the split then we know, I think there are still a few wounds that would need to heal before this happened.

Captain_jovi 12-24-2020 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thinny (Post 1271494)

Bruce was always an everyday man and always dressed pretty low key. Richie, Keith Richards, Joe Perry and their like were all rock stars to the extreme. That's part of who they are. They are never going to be Jeans and T-shirts guys. That's just not who they are, and it baffles me that people don't see that!?

Always thought this. The fanbase goes after the ones that gush over Jon's hair and ass but we're not that different if we're commenting on the physical side as well. Richie has always been a....larger than life guy fashion wise.

steel_horse75 12-24-2020 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PanosBonJovi (Post 1271497)
Interesting that Orianthi and Richie got back together.

He could release his solo album which is postponed for some reason for a while now and then move on and join Bon Jovi again.

It happens in 2022 the final tour.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sami 12-24-2020 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thinny (Post 1271478)
Here we go again with the same old nonsense from the same old people....

He looks well, seems happy and came across really well in the interview. Comments i've seen on social media about it (outside of Bon Jovi circles) has been very positive. I've no intrest in the way he does his hair or the way he chooses to dress...that's his choice. No one says to Keith Richards or Joe Perry that they need to start dressing like old men? How ridiculous...

He's been through a lot since Aftermath and he's also quite a bit older...people change and people age, some folks just can't seem to deal with it. I guess if people can't claim that he's drunk they need to find fault elsewhere...

And yes age is a factor, not everyone ages the same rate and Nikki has been clean living for many years, which does make a difference. We also have no idea what other health issues people may or may not have been through. We all know that Richie partied hard and that has an effect on the body long term, especially as you get older, but i've been through that on here many times, certain people just choose to ignore it...

People who are looking for Richie to look and act exactly as he did ten years ago are always going to be dissapointed. I know that I am not exactly the same person that I was ten years ago.

Great post. Agreed 100%.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

angelsambo 12-25-2020 05:18 PM

Richie Sambora on Highs and Lows of Touring with Bon Jovi: 'You're Getting Paid to Be Away from Family'

https://people.com/music/richie-samb...g-away-family/

Roll 12-27-2020 11:06 AM

I've just watched People's video and when talking about music, Richie just makes me think of Donald Trump. Some "amazing" dropped here and there but literally zero substance behind the words.

As for the music itself, I hope he'll finally manage to release something on his own after all this time. AOTL and US were trainwrecks but Stranger was quite a good album.

Thinny 12-27-2020 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roll (Post 1271527)
I've just watched People's video and when talking about music, Richie just makes me think of Donald Trump. Some "amazing" dropped here and there but literally zero substance behind the words.

It was a People interview. It was never going to give us anything new or interesting with regards to the music. Comparing him to Trump is laughable...

You could see the pride in him when he was talking about Ava, which was the main focus of the interview really. You don't get much more substance than that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roll (Post 1271527)
As for the music itself, I hope he'll finally manage to release something on his own after all this time. AOTL and US were trainwrecks but Stranger was quite a good album.

Ok, we are clearly coming from different places. Stranger was quite good is a bit of an understatement!? AOTL and US were far from trainwrecks. But each to their own....

Roll 12-27-2020 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thinny (Post 1271528)
It was a People interview. It was never going to give us anything new or interesting with regards to the music. Comparing him to Trump is laughable...

You could see the pride in him when he was talking about Ava, which was the main focus of the interview really. You don't get much more substance than that.

Ok, we are clearly coming from different places. Stranger was quite good is a bit of an understatement!? AOTL and US were far from trainwrecks. But each to their own....

You might be right about the interview. Too bad they illustrate Ava with pseudo-modelling pictures though.

Stranger is a good album which I still listen to, that's what I wrote even though it needs to be assessed compared to the band's output at that time.
In my opinion US is a weak album and that's even worse for AOTL, both in terms of inner quality and regarding the time it took Richie to complete it.

Hopefully he'll have something great to offert soon.

angelsambo 12-27-2020 01:39 PM

new pic

https://www.instagram.com/p/CJQRUytjYGn/

JoviForever 12-27-2020 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by angelsambo (Post 1271530)

He looks much better and healthier in this pic but she looks like she would melt if placed too close to a candle!🥴

steel_horse75 12-27-2020 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by angelsambo (Post 1271530)

Richie with an Orianthi candle

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Thinny 12-27-2020 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roll (Post 1271529)
Stranger is a good album which I still listen to, that's what I wrote even though it needs to be assessed compared to the band's output at that time.

I don't see any reason to compare Stranger to the bands output. With a couple of exceptions they are too different to compare. Stranger (along with Jersey and These Days) is and always will be in my top 5 abums of all time.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roll (Post 1271529)
In my opinion US is a weak album and that's even worse for AOTL, both in terms of inner quality and regarding the time it took Richie to complete it.

I don't see either as weak album personally, but beauty is on the ear of the beholder. They are not as strong as Stranger, but some great songs and I still enjoy both very much. I've listened to Aftermath more than any BJ album since Have A Nice Day I would say.

Butters 12-27-2020 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoviForever (Post 1271531)
He looks much better and healthier in this pic but she looks like she would melt if placed too close to a candle!🥴

Hahahaha. She is so weird looking.

YOVANAfromPeru 12-28-2020 05:44 AM

I agree... he looks better in that last picture; that photographer Shayan Asgharnia of People did an horrible photo session, and well the videographer, and everybody!...

richiefan95 12-28-2020 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoviForever (Post 1271531)

Michael Jackson has clearly influenced her.

PanosBonJovi 12-29-2020 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steel_horse75 (Post 1271501)
It happens in 2022 the final tour.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I doubt it 2022 is the final tour

thesedays2014 12-29-2020 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thinny (Post 1271534)
I don't see any reason to compare Stranger to the bands output. With a couple of exceptions they are too different to compare. Stranger (along with Jersey and These Days) is and always will be in my top 5 abums of all time.

I don't see either as weak album personally, but beauty is on the ear of the beholder. They are not as strong as Stranger, but some great songs and I still enjoy both very much. I've listened to Aftermath more than any BJ album since Have A Nice Day I would say.

Spot on fellow Leicester lad 😎

Thinny 12-29-2020 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thesedays2014 (Post 1271552)
Spot on fellow Leicester lad 😎

Another one!? You're the second one here this week, although the other person that messaged me has moved away now! :p

angelsambo 12-31-2020 09:11 PM

How wonderful to hear your guitar

https://twitter.com/SamboraItalia/st...04661154324480

thesedays2014 01-01-2021 03:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thinny (Post 1271553)
Another one!? You're the second one here this week, although the other person that messaged me has moved away now! :p

Lived in Spain for 25 years, but was raised in Hinckley...¡Viva Leicester y viva Richie Sambora!

Happy New Year to all Richie’s fans (it’s his thread, no controversy). Here’s to a 2021 with new Richie music and less so called fans moaning about his hair, lifestyle and looks...

Peace, love and Feeeel ❤️

Thinny 01-01-2021 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thesedays2014 (Post 1271570)
Lived in Spain for 25 years, but was raised in Hinckley...¡Viva Leicester y viva Richie Sambora!

Happy New Year to all Richie’s fans (it’s his thread, no controversy). Here’s to a 2021 with new Richie music and less so called fans moaning about his hair, lifestyle and looks...

Peace, love and Feeeel ❤️

Small world, I worked in Hinckley for 5 years!

Happy New Year all.

YOVANAfromPeru 01-05-2021 12:40 AM

Old song co-written with Richie Sambora, but Nikki Lund released it as a remix now (You And I):
https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbi...e-a-love-song/
She recorded her new music video for You And I in Beverly Hills, September last year.
It seems Richie is really fine with his ex-girlfriends...

Captain_jovi 01-05-2021 12:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOVANAfromPeru (Post 1271579)
Old song co-written with Richie Sambora, but Nikki Lund released it as a remix now (You And I):
https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbi...e-a-love-song/
She recorded her new music video for You And I in Beverly Hills, September last year.
It seems Richie is really fine with his ex-girlfriends...

Okay.

OOkay.

"tumultuous" is a nice way of saying "she sued him for threatening to murder her"

rickysambo 01-06-2021 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1271580)

Okay.

OOkay.

"tumultuous" is a nice way of saying "she sued him for threatening to murder her"

lmao. :D:-D

CKatz 01-07-2021 08:14 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Orianthi had something to say about this on twitter:https://twitter.com/AlePatelli/statu...56036997357569

QUceK1WV8 01-11-2021 03:27 PM

It has become terrifying to open this thread. Luckily nothing but Ori being naive and stupid picking a fight with Nikki this time, though, luckily.

YOVANAfromPeru 01-12-2021 01:50 AM

Well, media keep mentioning Richie...
Nikki Lund's new vid (You And I): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLJR...ature=youtu.be
https://chilloutradio.com/nikki-lund...her-true-love/
And Lorenza...: https://www.facebook.com/lorenzaponc...9129767732930/