Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Top Tour so far this year (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55872)

Emisambora 07-13-2013 06:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Becky (Post 1146155)

Really bad news for trolls and haters.

Walleris 07-13-2013 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SexxAtraxxion (Post 1146210)
Springsteen's Wrecking Ball Tour grossed 318 million.

Jovi's biggest tour only grossed 210 million (Lost Highway Tour).

Nonsense. The Circle Tour (2010-11) grossed 343 million (Wikipedia), bigger than Bruce obviously. If you want to be ignorant and say "well that was 2 different tours", then you should know that Wrecking Ball is a 2 year tour, so it only makes sense to compare if you combine 2010+2011 for Jovi.

I'm a Bruce fan too, don't get me wrong, I'm just really sick of you choosing to use the numbers that comfort your thoughts and arguments rather than provide facts.

tigrs99 07-13-2013 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Walleris (Post 1146218)
Nonsense. The Circle Tour (2010-11) grossed 343 million (Wikipedia), bigger than Bruce obviously. If you want to be ignorant and say "well that was 2 different tours", then you should know that Wrecking Ball is a 2 year tour, so it only makes sense to compare if you combine 2010+2011 for Jovi.

I'm a Bruce fan too, don't get me wrong, I'm just really sick of you choosing to use the numbers that comfort your thoughts and arguments rather than provide facts.

Circle tour grosses $142 million You adding numbers
for Bon Jovi Live Tour that started in 2011 The 2 tours
had different names so for ticketing gross they cant be added

steel_horse75 07-13-2013 07:57 AM

Get.out.more

Bon jovi have biggest tour. If you don't like it then tough

Walleris 07-13-2013 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tigrs99 (Post 1146222)
Circle tour grosses $142 million You adding numbers
for Bon Jovi Live Tour that started in 2011 The 2 tours
had different names so for ticketing gross they cant be added

I'm well aware they had different names, but if you read my post carefully, you'd understand the reason I combined numbers is because the topic of Bruce vs. Bon Jovi started again, this time in terms of touring gross. Because Wrecking Ball is 2 year tour, so it's only fair to compare it if you combine Jovi's 2010+2011. Cause when you really thinkg about it, it was the record label's influence to have a different name for 2011, so it'd promote GH instead of The Circle, but in reality, it was still the same tour, the break between them was not any longer than other breaks between legs.

tigrs99 07-13-2013 07:59 AM

Pollstar numbers are just an estimate They get data
from band management cos and if they don't have full data they estimate
the numbers based on past performances
Actual numbers are reported to Billboard prob in few weeks
Pollstar is reported Springsteen 2013 gross as $103 million while
actual data reported to Billboard by his promoters is about $93 million
Full pollstar Midyear report
http://www.pollstarpro.com/files/cha...dwideTours.pdf

tigrs99 07-13-2013 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Walleris (Post 1146224)
I'm well aware they had different names, but if you read my post carefully, you'd understand the reason I combined numbers is because the topic of Bruce vs. Bon Jovi started again, this time in terms of touring gross. Because Wrecking Ball is 2 year tour, so it's only fair to compare it if you combine Jovi's 2010+2011. Cause when you really thinkg about it, it was the record label's influence to have a different name for 2011, so it'd promote GH instead of The Circle, but in reality, it was still the same tour, the break between them was not any longer than other breaks between legs.

Comparing Bruce to Bon Jovi is like comparing apples to
oranges His maximum tkt is about $105
and maximum tkt for Bon Jovi is prob $500 if you disregard VIP packages

PanosBonJovi 07-13-2013 09:17 AM

I never expected to see people arguing about Bon Jovi vs. Bruce, who's the best live act. How retard some people are? Anyway, so far regarding to Wiki's data/Billboard's data all shows of Bon Jovi were sold out.

nikos greece 07-13-2013 09:18 AM

this whole springsteen comparison is getting reaaly old and boring...i wonder if there is any other band forum where the fans consistently bring up the same "other" artist to put down "their" band...why should springsteen come up in every chance???for gods sake...it ends up look like trolling to me...
the guys are a real force in the touring industry, like it or not. they may not sell many cds now but they keep selling tickets year after year, with all this overtouring, lower new material quality and really high prices...
the numbers arenot lying, i m not talking about sold out shows, but the attendance shows the truth...
1.if bj had managed some things better the last decade they would rival u2 touring wise...
2.i was looking into the latest rolling stones tour,50&counting, the guys are in a league of their own...but their north america tour didnt sell as good as everyone expected...high ticket prices and many empty seats in an arena tour...compare the attendances between bj and rolling stones for the same arenas...(althougm i m not sure if rolling stones fans sit behind the stage...)
3.bruces tour reports sound exactly like bjs...bragging about the sold out shows and multiple nights etc...only the names change...so trying to convince us that only bj care about stats doent hold any water...
4. like it or not bj touring wise are on the higher level, up there with the stones madonna u2 and ac dc , acts like metallica, springsteen or coldplay for example are not in the same level. they are able to play stadiums around the world, charging as much as they charge and that speaks volumes...

i am not a fan of this band because of the stats but because of the music, having said that i dont get why some people try to put them down with every chance...
i dont like wan, i dont like the richie fiasco, philx/bobby, i dont like jons attitude sometimes BUT because we can tour is number one...why should we try to belittle it?

Walleris 07-13-2013 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tigrs99 (Post 1146226)
Comparing Bruce to Bon Jovi is like comparing apples to
oranges His maximum tkt is about $105
and maximum tkt for Bon Jovi is prob $500 if you disregard VIP packages

Yes, and you're quoting me because? I never initiated any of those 4569 times they've been compared. But if someone really wants them to compare so badly, then at least it should be on fair terms, which is what I was trying to bring to conversation.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nikos greece (Post 1146234)
...i wonder if there is any other band forum where the fans consistently bring up the same "other" artist to put down "their" band...

Spot on. That's a very weird phenomenon.