Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Top Tour so far this year (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55872)

ticos_stick 07-16-2013 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwinFan (Post 1146703)
Her tickets are disgustingly expensive. Just look at her average ticket price: an outrageous $129!!!
"I'm worth it", she says. :rolleyes:
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-31749_16...e-im-worth-it/

It really baffles me. Her shows are just smoke and mirrors. Her followers obviously have more money than sense.

SexxAtraxxion 07-17-2013 01:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ticos_stick (Post 1146691)
How the f*ck can that old drag queen Madonna make so much money from touring? :-|

Maybe because she's the most influential and best selling female artist?

ticos_stick 07-17-2013 01:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SexxAtraxxion (Post 1146741)
Maybe because she's the most influential and best selling female artist?

She's a joke who hasn't had a hit in forever.

giovanni66 07-17-2013 05:18 AM

What's really impressive about Bon Jovi #'s is the fact they have achieved these numbers without the biggest promoter in the business "Live Nation". All of the other artists only use Live Nation, while Bon Jovi uses AEG. Not to say that AEG is a small company, but compared to Live Nation, it can't compete. Live nation pretty much owns ticket master & they have rights to stadiums all over the world (and I mean in every part in the globe) when it comes to promoting artists in their arenas/stadiums. Live nation has a monopoly/Oligopoly when it comes to touring/live concert for artists. They set the prices for concerts, are involved heavily in the marketing/advertising of their artist and have almost 90% globally of rights to stadiums and arenas in the world. Heck, even live nation makes money when AeG use their stadiums/arenas for their artists because live nation own the promotional rights for concerts in almost every stadium/arena. Live Nation has a Gazzillliooonnnnnmm$$$$$$$$$$$ dollars in their company to help promote tours, while AEG is only a "billion dollar company"......Don't get me wrong, U2, Bruce, Madonna & The Stones are responsible for their own success, BUT they get a lot more help from Live Nation than does Bon Jovi from AEG. The only property that AEG owns are the o2 domes that are popping up in Europe compared to the million of stadiums/arenas world wide by live nation. AEG is primarily a North American/Half Of Europe promoter......For Bon Jovi to sell out shows & put up the #'s they did since 2000 with the CrusH tour, they deserve a lot of respect.........I bet my life that Jovi's net income/profit margin is the highest out of all the other artists. Remember while Live Nation takes care of the marketing/ticket sales, they take a huge pay out from the shows.......AEG doesn't take as much as live nation but they cant spend $$$$$ in promoting a show like live nation.........Congratulations to Bon Jovi. If you look at the top 100 tours of all time, 99.9999%%%% are promoted by Live Nation.....Jovi have did all of their numbers with Jon as the CEO & with AEG the last 4 tours......Imagine the #'s if Jovi had Live Nation backing them up????

rokenrola 07-18-2013 01:24 PM

without london,glasgow i isle of wight figures from 2000 to 2013 are:

ATTENDANCE: 13,895,256
GROSS: 1,044.166,823
SHOWS: 574

tigrs99 07-18-2013 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rokenrola (Post 1146847)
without london,glasgow i isle of wight figures from 2000 to 2013 are:

ATTENDANCE: 13,895,256
GROSS: 1,044.166,823
SHOWS: 574

Festival figures are never taken into account for any artist
as bands are booked for a certain figure All gate money doesnt go to 1 band

rokenrola 07-18-2013 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tigrs99 (Post 1146860)
Festival figures are never taken into account for any artist
as bands are booked for a certain figure All gate money doesnt go to 1 band

I know that. London this year is not festival?ups yes,it is,sorry,only glasgow to see!

tigrs99 07-18-2013 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rokenrola (Post 1146868)
I know that. London this year is not festival?ups yes,it is,sorry,only glasgow to see!

BST Hyde Park was promoted as a fedtival by AEG
as there was a single fee to see all the bands for a particular day

Rdkopper 07-19-2013 05:27 PM

Being that it's summer, I'm a little behind.

Bruce is a bigger act than Bon Jovi but Bruce also has 10 years on them. They are from a different generation and shouldn't be compared. It's almost a disrespect to compare the 2 being that Bruce is his senior. I wouldn't compare anyone to Paul McCartney regardless of the numbers because he earned that respect.

As far as their music goes, the only thing they have in common is the fact that they are both from NJ. Comparing Bruce to Jovi is like comparing Jovi to My Chemical Romance, also being from Jersey....

Good for Jon's touring stat this year and he's doing it without Richie. Phil should get a nice bonus. Jon works hard and deserves it.

Becky 07-19-2013 07:19 PM

http://www.billboard.com/biz/article...h-european-run

Some figures from Billboard.