Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Other Bands (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Ozzy Talks About Childhood Trauma (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=20113)

JOEYKID 12-02-2003 01:59 AM

Ozzy Talks About Childhood Trauma

OZZY OSBOURNE has revealed how he was sexually abused as a child.

After a year of trauma for the Black Sabbath star and his family, he has explained how as a child growing up in Birmingham, he was molested by boys on the way home from school.

He told the Daily Mirror: "I was sexually abused when I was a kid. Two boys used wait for me to come home after school. Then they would **** around with me. They didn’t **** me but they messed about with me."

"They would force me to drop my pants and all that shit. They felt me and touched me… and it was terrible. The first time it happened was in front of my sister and that affected me even more. It became a regular thing on the way home from school. It seemed to go on forever."

He also hinted that the experience may have contributed to the problems he encountered with drink and drugs in later life: "I was afraid to tell my mother or father and it completely ****ed me up. Dirty little secrets fester and that is one of the first things I said to my kids. When I was a kid, people did not talk about these things like they do now. You didn’t have chat shows talking about child molestation. It used to be The Woodentops and Bill And Ben. I worked it out with a therapist. But if you have a traumatic experience when you are young it does **** you up. Sharon knows all about it and it was only with her that I could finally relax and be myself."

RyanBounce04 12-02-2003 02:52 AM

*Cough* spam *cough* :lol:

Ryan

Becky 12-02-2003 04:14 AM

It's for sure sexual abuse will **** a person up like nothing else. :(

Becky

RyanBounce04 12-02-2003 04:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Becky

Becky

Yea well.. his drugs were worse! :(

Ryan

Becky 12-02-2003 04:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RyanBounce04
Quote:

Becky

Ryan

But the next question is did he turn to the lifestyle he did as a reaction to the sexual abuse?

Not that I think sexual abuse excuses bad decisions, BUT it certainly plays a factor in making them.

Becky

RyanBounce04 12-02-2003 04:28 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Becky

Ryan

But the next question is did he turn to the lifestyle he did as a reaction to the sexual abuse?

Not that I think sexual abuse excuses bad decisions, BUT it certainly plays a factor in making them.

Becky

Well certainly there is always that assumption. But, you do what you want to do. He chose to do drugs and that is his fault. He wouldn't look so bad if he hadn't taken them. He could have prevented it. But every rockstar has probably tried drugs.

Ryan

JOEYKID 12-02-2003 03:45 PM

Quote:

*Cough* spam *cough* :lol:

Ryan

once again...its news you pleb!

JOEYKID 12-02-2003 03:46 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Becky

Ryan

Becky

Well certainly there is always that assumption. But, you do what you want to do. He chose to do drugs and that is his fault. He wouldn't look so bad if he hadn't taken them. He could have prevented it. But every rockstar has probably tried drugs.

Ryan

i think your right there, if he didnt do the things he did then someone else would of.

DevilsSon 12-02-2003 05:01 PM

what i wnder is...why the **** doies he come up with thsi 50 years after it happened? i eman...what's the point???Does he need some money or something?

RyanBounce04 12-02-2003 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DevilsSon
what i wnder is...why the **** doies he come up with thsi 50 years after it happened? i eman...what's the point???Does he need some money or something?

People want to know why, and it helps to discuss your problems. :)

Ryan