Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Other Bands (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Ozzy Cancels British Tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=21592)

|| Panama || 01-12-2004 02:44 PM

Ozzy Cancels British Tour

LONDON - Ozzy Osbourne said Friday he has canceled his upcoming 20-date tour of Britain to give him time to recover fully from his accident on a quad bike last month.

"I am deeply disappointed, but it's out of my control," the former Black Sabbath front man said in a written statement. "Right now I need to concentrate on my recovery and unfortunately this is something I cannot rush."

Osbourne, 55, fractured his collarbone, eight ribs and a neck vertebra when the 600-pound vehicle he was riding flipped and landed on top of him at his estate in Buckinghamshire, southern England, on Dec. 8. He spent a week on a ventilator.

Osbourne, who is recovering at home on his estate, said he was looking forward to performing again "when the doctors tell me I am fit and ready."

The tour had been due to kick off on Feb. 15 with a concert at London's Wembley Arena. Osbourne has already postponed a series of tour dates in European cities later this month.

Neurotica80 01-12-2004 03:54 PM

Not a surprise really

Plien 01-12-2004 04:00 PM

Quote:

Osbourne has already postponed a series of tour dates in European cities later this month.
Those postponed dates have been cancelled last week.

JOEYKID 01-12-2004 10:58 PM

panama darling if you were registerd at therockforum you would have known this days ago! :D

my advertising spot lmao

Miracle 01-12-2004 11:07 PM

Re: Ozzy Cancels British Tour

Quote:

Originally Posted by || Panama ||

The tour had been due to kick off on Feb. 15 with a concert at London's Wembley Arena. Osbourne has already postponed a series of tour dates in European cities later this month.

I thought Wembley had been torn down :?

Stephanie

Icicles 01-13-2004 03:49 AM

Quote:

LONDON - Ozzy Osbourne said Friday he has canceled his upcoming 20-date tour of Britain to give him time to recover fully from his accident on a quad bike last month.

"I am deeply disappointed, but it's out of my control," the former Black Sabbath front man said in a written statement. "Right now I need to concentrate on my recovery and unfortunately this is something I cannot rush."

Osbourne, 55, fractured his collarbone, eight ribs and a neck vertebra when the 600-pound vehicle he was riding flipped and landed on top of him at his estate in Buckinghamshire, southern England, on Dec. 8. He spent a week on a ventilator.

Osbourne, who is recovering at home on his estate, said he was looking forward to performing again "when the doctors tell me I am fit and ready."

Well no surpise about that ( I heard it a few days ago as well) but I heard in the One of the Major newspapers That prince Charles not knowing Ozzy was a recovering alcholic sent him a bottle of scotch to which wife Sharon said "It was a nice gesture but he cant have that lol" .
But I guess the prince meant well lol .
Icicles

|| Panama || 01-13-2004 09:34 AM

oh dear god! im so sorry i didnt post before

Neurotica80 01-13-2004 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miracle
Quote:

Stephanie

Wembley Stadium is being redeveloped. Wembley Arena isnt affected by it.

JOEYKID 01-13-2004 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neurotica80
Quote:

Originally Posted by Miracle
Quote:

Stephanie

Wembley Stadium is being redeveloped. Wembley Arena isnt affected by it.

my opinion is wembely arena needs more work than the stadium ever did lol

|| Panama || 01-13-2004 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JOEYKID
panama darling if you were registerd at therockforum you would have known this days ago! :D

my advertising spot lmao

DONE.

(but you're only saying that just cause you posted it over there. lol)