Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Other Bands (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Anyone seen Prince recently? (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=24922)

Becky 04-29-2004 04:15 AM

Anyone seen Prince recently?

I'm toying with the idea of going to Biloxi to see him, but I saw him in 1996 and he only played for 90 minutes and if he still does such short shows, I don't want to drive 3 1/2 hours and pay $75 for ticket for that.

Becky

Sweet_Emotion84 04-29-2004 04:25 AM

I almost went to see him, but didn't.

I hear his shows aren't exactly "dirty" anymore. :(
And his new song, "Musicology" doesn't really do anything for me

Becky 04-29-2004 04:57 AM

After figuring the cost of tickets + a hotel room, I decided to get Keith Urban tix off Ebay instead. That has the added bonus of since Kenny Chesney is the headliner I might be able to lure my friend Ursula down here to go to the show with me.

Becky

Mousebounce 04-29-2004 05:12 AM

Besides, I hear Prince is knocking on doors around the towns he is touring trying to convert people to Jehovahs. Maybe you will get to see him after all!! :o

Becky 04-29-2004 06:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mousebounce
Besides, I hear Prince is knocking on doors around the towns he is touring trying to convert people to Jehovahs. Maybe you will get to see him after all!! :o

Nah, no one will knock on my door. My dogs are frightening.

I wonder if he sings a round of "Cream" after he convert someone?

Becky

Jim Bon Jovi 04-29-2004 05:37 PM

next time a jehovas witness comes to my door I'm going to invite them in.

I bet they'll freak out cos it's never happened before ands they won't know what to do.

Tashjbj 04-29-2004 09:54 PM

I saw Prince about 1,5 years ago and he was amazing!! I really enjoyed that show. He must have played for about 2,5 hours and he played all the golden oldies. Sheila E was there and Candy Dulfer.. it really was an amazing show!! Shame you're not going now....

Aidan 04-30-2004 12:08 AM

Don't know why, but I definitely CAN'T STAND this man :lol: :lol:Never liked him;)

Tashjbj 04-30-2004 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aidan
Don't know why, but I definitely CAN'T STAND this man :lol: :lol:Never liked him;)

Tis true... you either love him or hate him.. I've always thought he was great.. an amazing artist!!

Mad4Jovi 04-30-2004 12:43 AM

I saw him last year and he was fantastic! He played for about 2 1/2 hours, no preaching (unlike some other shows I believe) and invited the audience on stage to all funk out LOL! Plus he was playing all the old stuff too for the first time in a while, we got Raspberry Beret, Little Red Corvette, 1999 and an acapella version of Sign 'o' the Times. Boy can that guy perform. For future reference I thoroughly recommend you go :D