Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   New Bon Jovi Releases (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Who DID play on "Nothing"? (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=34734)

Captain_jovi 03-31-2006 06:08 AM

Who DID play on "Nothing"?

It's funny, this whole time most of us were in agreement that Bo Bice's backing track for "Nothing without you" was the same as the Bon Jovi version. But bo's linear notes list:

"(Jon Bon Jovi, Richie Sambora, John Shanks)
Published by Bon Jovi Publishing (ASCAP), Aggressive Music/Sony/ATV Tunes LLC (ASCAP), John Shanks Music/WB Music Corp/Warner-Chappell Music Publishing, Inc. (ASCAP)

Produced by John Shanks
Guitar, Bass, Keyboards: John Shanks
Guitar Solo: Richie Sambora
Drums: Jeff Rothschild
Piano: Jamie Muhoberac
Background Vocals: Bo Bice & John Shanks
Additional Background Vocals: Richie Sambora
Engineered by Jeff Rothschild at Henson Studios, Hollywood, CA and Starstruck Studios, Nashville, TN
Mixed by Randy Staub at Warehouse Studios, Vancouver, BC, Canada
Assisted by Zach Blackstone
Contractor/Production Coordinator: Shari Sutcliffe"

Any thoughts?

TheseDays2005 03-31-2006 06:37 PM

maybe its just me...but what do you mean?? it is NOT the BJ song nothing? and because of other people playing the instruments? Couldnt it be re-recorderd?
Or did you ment something else??

Alphavictim 03-31-2006 06:54 PM

There is a guitar solo in it?
Probably the Jovi one was intended to be a "blueprint" for the artists who want the song, like with Does Anybody Really Fall In Love Anymore - but wasn't it on the first version of HAND?

Captain_jovi 03-31-2006 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alphavictim
There is a guitar solo in it?
Probably the Jovi one was intended to be a "blueprint" for the artists who want the song, like with Does Anybody Really Fall In Love Anymore - but wasn't it on the first version of HAND?

It was. It had every intention of being on the first version of HAND and was on the original tracklisting. But listening back between both versions, it must have been re-recorded completely, except for the guitar solo.

SamboraQueen21 03-31-2006 09:54 PM

i have Bo's album and i think you are right only richie is mentioned in the liner notes. Jon has a songwriting credit and that's it

Alphavictim 03-31-2006 10:28 PM

Quote:

It was. It had every intention of being on the first version of HAND and was on the original tracklisting. But listening back between both versions, it must have been re-recorded completely, except for the guitar solo.
Well, if that's the case, that was probably done so to save money, because David and Tico, having bigger names than a bunch of nameless session musicians, most likely would have wanted more money for their instrumental track than those. Richie co-worked with Bice on numerous tracks, and a guitar solo is also not quite as easily replaced as a simple backing track.

yomamasofat 04-01-2006 03:34 AM

I think Alec played bass on Nothing.

SamboraQueen21 04-02-2006 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yomamasofat
I think Alec played bass on Nothing.

haha..pun intended i assume....:)