Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   The Moment with Brian Koppelman Apple Podcast with Jon (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70180)

liljovi93 01-12-2018 08:05 PM

Yeah, I don't get why people are saying the comments about him coming across as nice for a change and how he's been unpleasant.

I've seen him come across as a bit funny and short sometimes but I've always thought he comes across as a decent enough person in the hundreds of things I've watched.

Can he sometimes be a nark? Yeah but so can everyone. He just doesn't do it subtle sometimes but as BJ99 said, he seems to be angry with himself more than anything over the past few years.

He's definitely changed the past few years. I'd say he's somewhere between Pre 2002 and then post 2002 personally.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

Becky 01-12-2018 08:44 PM

I’ve watched and listened to countless interviews with Jon in the last 30 years. He has never come across as evil or mean spirited. He’s introverted and he takes things seriously, but he can also be funny. Humor is found in more than being an overt goofball.

Rdkopper 01-12-2018 09:12 PM

Jon is a perfectionist and expects the same in return from an Interviewer... He basically expects them to do their job sincerely and not just for a rating...

I think if Jon feels the person doing the interview is well prepared with real questions, he's happy... Jon likes to tell stories... Not talk about his hair, his poster boy image for marriage, Richie, etc...

Thinny 01-13-2018 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Becky (Post 1232570)
I’ve watched and listened to countless interviews with Jon in the last 30 years. He has never come across as evil or mean spirited. He’s introverted and he takes things seriously, but he can also be funny.

So Have I and I agree with all of this, but he can also come across as moody and arrogant on occasion too. Also introverted is not a word I would ever use to describe Jon...

Becky 01-13-2018 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thinny (Post 1232613)
So Have I and I agree with all of this, but he can also come across as moody and arrogant on occasion too. Also introverted is not a word I would ever use to describe Jon...

Funny, because it’s a word he uses to describe himself preceded with an adverb of “very.” (On video. He undeniably has said it.)

faith1985 01-13-2018 11:42 PM

People are usually pretty complex and while I dont like all that fancy stuff like runaway tours I guess it is for different reasons then just making money and becoming more rich. I am sure Jon has many layers as do other people. I can be moody and pricky sometimes but I also try to be a good person and while I voice my opinon I am also not that interested in getting too much attention, yet people have thought the opposite. I am also very sensitive and introverted when it comes to certain aspects

So why should Jon be different than other human beings. People tend to make other people more shallow to make them fit their image and get easy answers whereas many times people and situations are more complex and can be very complicated.

Appearing arrogant can be some sort of wall to appear less insecue and strong.

Thinny 01-14-2018 12:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Becky (Post 1232617)
Funny, because it’s a word he uses to describe himself preceded with an adverb of “very.” (On video. He undeniably has said it.)

Well, Jon says a lot of things...

The definition of an introvert is "a shy, reticent person". Jon is definitely not this in any way, shape or form. lol

Panda 01-14-2018 01:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thinny (Post 1232629)

The definition of an introvert is "a shy, reticent person". Jon is definitely not this in any way, shape or form. lol

Pretty sure that's not it at all. An introvert in no way means shy?

To put it loosely,
An introvert is someone who gains his energy from being alone, where an extrovert gains his energy from being with people.

Becky 01-14-2018 01:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thinny (Post 1232629)

You are completely wrong. Panda is right.

Also, people tend to know for themselves which they are and there is no reason at all to lie about it one way or the other.

Thinny 01-14-2018 10:14 AM

I'll just leave this here:

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/introvert?s=t :mrgreen:

And this:
introverted
synonyms: shy, reserved, withdrawn, reticent, diffident, retiring, quiet, timid, timorous, meek, bashful, unsociable; introspective, introvert, inward-looking, self-contained, self-absorbed, self-interested; contemplative, thoughtful, pensive, ruminative, meditative, reflective; rareindrawn

Of course you know better :mrgreen:

I'm sure Jon knows himself. And I'm that sure most of the time he doesn't share his true self in public interviews, just the side that he wants the public to know/believe. Same with any celebrity.

As a fairly introverted person myself I know exactly what one is, and Jon isn't it. He has some qualities that introverts share (introspective, inward-looking, self-absorbed, self-interested; contemplative, thoughtful, reflective) but that doesn't make him one.