Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Jon singing on American Idol (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=71096)

rockingguy82 05-20-2024 04:27 PM

Jon singing on American Idol

He did the first verse and chorus of Legendary. Sounds ok on the chorus. But he's behind on the verse in places and struggling to keep up

Rdkopper 05-20-2024 04:45 PM

It's strongly rumored that he will take over for Katy Perry as a main Judge.

semigoodlooking 05-20-2024 07:46 PM

It is a win that he can go on mainstream TV, sing, and have the discourse not be about how shot is voice is. He was fine, singing an easy song. That is not a under-hand compliment either, it is clear he is on a journey with his voice and taking steps. I also like that he has been popping up in random places singing live, and it has all been fine.

Regarding being a judge, for the reported $25 million he wants, who can blame him.

Captain_jovi 05-20-2024 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by semigoodlooking (Post 1292097)
It is a win that he can go on mainstream TV, sing, and have the discourse not be about how shot is voice is. He was fine, singing an easy song. That is not a under-hand compliment either, it is clear he is on a journey with his voice and taking steps. I also like that he has been popping up in random places singing live, and it has all been fine.

Regarding being a judge, for the reported $25 million he wants, who can blame him.

Yeah. Honestly I'd rather be doing something/anything music related while he heals and trains so this isn't terrible.

Javier 05-21-2024 01:23 AM

This was a really good performance I thought. It's only a Verse and a Chorus but the swager, breathing, tone and energy are all there. I really think JBJ is well on his way to coming back to a really acceptable live voice that could hold up the way their touring schedule has been since 2016. I think 25-30 shows a year or something they were doing?

I don't know if I believe the rumors of Jon taking over as judge, unless they change all 3 judges. Though I'm not sure, I don't really watch the show, has there ever been a time when all 3 judges were male?? Some people might have a lot to say against that, though I wouldn't care honestly. That rumored $25 million paycheck does sound 👌🏻

semigoodlooking 05-21-2024 01:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Javier (Post 1292105)
This was a really good performance I thought. It's only a Verse and a Chorus but the swager, breathing, tone and energy are all there. I really think JBJ is well on his way to coming back to a really acceptable live voice that could hold up the way their touring schedule has been since 2016. I think 25-30 shows a year or something they were doing?

I think the question is more could he sustain it for 2 hours.

Javier 05-21-2024 05:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by semigoodlooking (Post 1292106)
I think the question is more could he sustain it for 2 hours.

As of right now, based on what we've seen my guess is no. But I'm just happy for the guy, he seems to have a renewed love for his craft and profession, at this pace I have no doubt he's gonna tour again, just not as soon as we'd all like to.

As a side note, I'm under no illusion that he'll get back to 2011 standards, but a 2018 type voice with more confidence, control and better breathing would be good enough for me. As long as he's not in constant pain and feeling free to be a good front man he'll give a great show imo....

Butters 05-21-2024 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Javier (Post 1292108)
As of right now, based on what we've seen my guess is no. But I'm just happy for the guy, he seems to have a renewed love for his craft and profession, at this pace I have no doubt he's gonna tour again, just not as soon as we'd all like to.

As a side note, I'm under no illusion that he'll get back to 2011 standards, but a 2018 type voice with more confidence, control and better breathing would be good enough for me. As long as he's not in constant pain and feeling free to be a good front man he'll give a great show imo....

Amen brother.

Rdkopper 05-21-2024 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Javier (Post 1292108)

I think that's it.... 100% agree.

I can actually listen to Legendary live and enjoy it... I defaulted to Limitless on American idol, which wasn't even 100% live and that was the opposite of enjoyable... so regardless of the standard of his new tone, as long as he can deliver, I'm definitely okay with that.

Sent from my SM-A136U using Tapatalk

Falco 05-23-2024 03:11 AM

He has a newfound confidence he hasn't had in years, and it's great not seeing him death grip a mic stand like his life depends on it.