Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Crush (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=39103)

jbjrsdc 03-07-2007 06:36 AM

Crush

is a solid release but does rank towards the bottom of bon Jovi releases. It really had the potential to be one of the best, based on the quality b-sides for crush and considering they wrote/demoed 60 songs. about 30 of which we still haven't heard.

Thank you For Loving me should have been replaced by Stay
Next 100 years should have been replaced by Ordinary People
I Got The Girl should have been replaced by Ain't No Cure For Love

Stay, Ordinary People, and Ain't No Cure For Love are 3 of the best songs Jovi have ever done.

in the off chance devil'sson opens this thread I apologize if this should have been posted in another thread. thank you

DevilsSon 03-07-2007 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbjrsdc (Post 728692)
in the off chance devil'sson opens this thread I apologize if this should have been posted in another thread. thank you

ok, this is a good one :d

what is irritating me, is the tone of your posts. you say it as if that's how things are and there's no other possibility.
I would never replace Next 100 Years. It's in my opinion the best song on the record and one of the few reasons I still play that album from time to time. Ordinary People on the other hand is a mediocre pop song with Beatles influences. I'm glad they skipped it. Bout the other 2, I agree.

kiddSambo 03-07-2007 09:21 AM

Yeah, I agree with the others, but would never replace Next 100 Years, least of all with Ordinary People

JoviForever 03-07-2007 11:43 AM

Why make posts with what are rather random statements? They aren't even written as if it's a discussion, just your opinion.
I think most fans that have been around pre-Crush would agree that it was their weakest since 7800. It's only new fans that wetted themsleves over It's My Life that think Crush is a work of genius!

fannorway 03-07-2007 12:35 PM

All my friends love STAY. This song should really be on the album.

Dave 1986 03-07-2007 12:44 PM

Those 3 b-sides you mentioned, yes are quite good, but are not some the best songs the band have ever written. OK, they're probably better than the ones you say should have been replaced.

To be honest I don't think any sort of song rearranging or replacing on Crush would make any real difference to how good the record would have been. I don't dislike it, and never have, but I just have always found it a bit too bland. I always preferred Bounce over Crush.

midnite ridah 03-07-2007 12:54 PM

i thought ordinary people was written for these days??

Living_on_my_Hair 03-07-2007 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by midnite ridah (Post 728744)
i thought ordinary people was written for these days??

So did I actually. Or was it 'Drive'?

Both anyway are very bland.

andi

Captain_jovi 03-07-2007 05:06 PM

Drive was for D.A

And O.P was NOT from These Days. I have lost many nights sleep over figuring it out. I made a post about it, I'm sure. I just will not let anyone tell me any different.

midnite ridah 03-07-2007 05:12 PM

Jon says it from these days

watch the DVD that came with 100,000,000