Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Theoretical Super Deluxe Editions with existing material (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70669)

Captain_jovi 01-10-2020 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by musiccritic101 (Post 1260677)
I don't think Jon will open up the vaults until he decides to officially retire the band for good,which I doubt he'll do anytime soon. Jon also said there will be box set coming out in a few years but I doubt it'll happen,besides if Jon really does decide to release a box set then he'll probably have all of Richie's backing vocals and guitar parts removed from the songs just so he doesn't have to share royalities with Richie,exactly what happned with Burning Bridges.

I don't see Jon going THAT far.

Is it true that Jon Richie's parts removed from BB? Saturday Nights Gave Me Sunday Mornings is confirmed, but wasn't the majority of it recorded AFTER the split? We Don't Run was new, Teardrop to the Sea was New, Blind Love and Fingerprints were supposedly from the Richie era but BL has no guitar in it.

Because Richie had no song writing credits on it and the way Shanks recorded the band back then I don't think Richie would have played on the songs at those stages of recording. But I also dont know how gussied up they were pre-release.

efpg0708 01-11-2020 06:35 PM

It seems that Jon isn’t too fond of releasing material from his prime (90’s), so I’d be happy if they released full “recent” shows like Frankfurt 08, Sydney 2010 and Mannheim 2011 ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

musiccritic101 01-14-2020 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by efpg0708 (Post 1260729)
It seems that Jon isn’t too fond of releasing material from his prime (90’s), so I’d be happy if they released full “recent” shows like Frankfurt 08, Sydney 2010 and Mannheim 2011 ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't even see Jon releasing shows from the 2008-2011 era just because it'll make it obvious how much Jon's live vocals have gone down hill since then,why do you think he doesn't release any concerts from the band's prime years. Jon knows people will compare how he used to sound like in concert to what we have now.

Besides Jon has mentioned many times over the years,that he doesn't want the band to become a nostalgia act or a greatest hits band. The moment the band comes out with a DVD with shows from past tours, in Jon's mind he'll think the band has become a nostalgia act.

Captain_jovi 01-14-2020 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by musiccritic101 (Post 1260769)
I don't even see Jon releasing shows from the 2008-2011 era just because it'll make it obvious how much Jon's live vocals have gone down hill since then,why do you think he doesn't release any concerts from the band's prime years. Jon knows people will compare how he used to sound like in concert to what we have now.

Besides Jon has mentioned many times over the years,that he doesn't want the band to become a nostalgia act or a greatest hits band. The moment the band comes out with a DVD with shows from past tours, in Jon's mind he'll think the band has become a nostalgia act.

The band is CONSTANTLY putting out live material from the current tour on Youtube. If he was that worried about people knowing his voice has gone downhill I don't think any would be coming out. Releasing past tours shows him in better shape and probably makes the band sound better too. Not that I think it'll happen.

Grantos1 02-20-2020 06:05 PM

The record company has to think there is a market for re-releases from the band. Maybe they do and Jon, who apparently doesn't want nostalgia, can not agree to it, so that's perhaps the stumbling block. Maybe if they had left Universal a few years back and went elsewhere, the record company could release what they wanted?

I see 20th/30th/40th re-relerases on CD, vinyl, download all the time and have to scratch my head as to why SWW hasn't been done. That or another boxset is all I think they'd release and think would sell.

Jumping back on to the OP's track lists, am I the only one who wouldn't want any radio edits? If it's a different noticable mix, sure, but the UK mix of Say It Isn't So should not see the light of day ever again.