Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Other Bands (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Last band/artist you've bought a ticket to see... (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=37630)

Alex 09-05-2009 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Walrus (Post 940459)
Allow me to draw attention again to the fact that I'm currently unemployed :)

Ah crap, didn't read that the first time. That must be sucky, Paul. Then again; that would give you enough time to help the moderator team here a little.

Oh wait...

Captain Walrus 09-05-2009 01:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex (Post 940463)
Ah crap, didn't read that the first time. That must be sucky, Paul. Then again; that would give you enough time to help the moderator team here a little.

Oh wait...

Ah, I've got enough money to live off for a bit, I've only been out of work a couple of months so far ... although it is slightly soul destroying to send out a million applications and get almost no replies, either positive or negative!

hometownboy 09-05-2009 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ferret (Post 940417)
I heard somewhere his tour has sold out? I hope it hasn't, as I really want to see him again.

i'm pretty sure you can still get tickets mate!

hometownboy 09-11-2009 02:08 PM

Arctic Monkeys
The Temptations & The Four Tops & The Drifters & The Three Degrees

brighton84 09-16-2009 11:03 PM

Just decided to cross the pond for KISS at Cobo next week.....two nights,cant wait!!

hometownboy 09-20-2009 12:36 AM

southside jonny & the asbury jukes! finally :)
a little pissed right now but i doubt ill regret it in the morning!

Captain Walrus 09-24-2009 01:21 PM

I really shouldn't be spending the money, but ...

Alice In Chains in December :p

That means I'll have seen Chris Cornell, Pearl Jam, Faith No More and Alice In Chains this year. As well as Rage Against The Machine last year. Is it 1992 again already? :D

Kathleen 09-24-2009 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometownboy (Post 943242)

You won't regret it - Southside puts on one of the best live shows in the business. No special effects - no fancy stage - just incredible music.

milomom 09-24-2009 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometownboy (Post 943242)

Oh sure, they go to the UK, but will they come to the American south . . . nooo. They're killing me!

hometownboy 09-24-2009 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milomom (Post 944091)
Oh sure, they go to the UK, but will they come to the American south . . . nooo. They're killing me!

you should come to uk to see them then!

Goldsausage 09-24-2009 09:33 PM

Heh that's weird - it was only yesterday that I decided to check out some Southside Johnny!

Checked their UK dates straight after I listened to like 2 songs, they grabbed my attention fast :p

Unfortunatly, I don't think I can go to any this year :( Hopefully they'll come back soon.

Oh and Joe - this just adds to the long, long, long list of reasons to hate you :p

milomom 09-24-2009 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometownboy (Post 944136)
you should come to uk to see them then!

I think I can manage a trip to NJ/NYC a little more economically, but seeing them in the UK would be a blast! I've seen Southside Johnny with LaBamba's Big Band for the Grapefruit Moon show, and I saw most of the Jukes with JBJ at the fan club show. But I'm dying to see the real deal -- Southside with the Jukes! The bootlegs are great, but I want to BE THERE. I'm hoping for January at BB King's in NYC.

Kathleen 09-24-2009 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milomom (Post 944143)
I'm hoping for January at BB King's in NYC.

I'm hoping that you can make it for that show too Terri. We already have 3 people going to the show. One more would make it - um - 4 :p

Do you have a dog show at that time or would you drive up (or fly up) just for the show?

Kev 09-25-2009 06:13 AM

Nickelback at Liverpool Echo Arena :D

C'monFeet 09-25-2009 10:06 PM

Todd Rundgren - A Wizard, A True Star, Live & Complete & Hammersmith Odeon.

Could not be more excited.

If you don't know it, and you like music to surprise, and challenge, and rock, listen to this record!!!!

"Sometimes," Todd Rundgren sang, "I don't know what to feel." But sometimes you do know what to feel. And right now I feel like saying what I've contended for many years, which is that Rundgren's A Wizard, A True Star is simply The Greatest Album Ever Made.

You heard me right, pardner. Better than Pet Sounds. Better than OK Computer. Certainly better than Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Farts Dub Band. An album of vaulting ambition - of wizardry and true stardom - released into an unsuspecting world by a contrary, super-precocious wonderboy who should have been the biggest thing to happen in the '70s but who was just too complex and polymorphous for lasting pop success.

A Wizard, A True Star came out 35 years ago but still sounds more bravely futuristic than any ostensibly cutting-edge electro-pop being made in the 21st Century. A dizzying, intoxicating rollercoaster ride of emotions and genre mutations, the album was substantially the work of Rundgren himself, pieced together in late 1972 at his own Secret Sound studio on NYC's West 24th Street.

(An except from a an article written by Barney Hoskyns for Mojo magazine March 2003)

It actually IS better than Pet Sounds!

C'monFeet 09-25-2009 10:13 PM

Brendan Benson.

Got my credit card out tonight.

Sleep-When-Im-Dead 09-26-2009 06:40 PM

jeff Beck/Clapton at the o2 feb 13th, thaats my 18th birthday sorted then:D

Panda 10-02-2009 07:12 PM

Def leopard with cheap trick @ the Calgary saddledome
:D

milomom 10-07-2009 08:51 PM

Davy Knowles & Back Door Slam - 12/3 at The Loft in Atlanta.

No travel required for this show. It is literally 3 blocks from my office! :D

spunkywho 10-10-2009 08:13 AM

Pearl Jam = Kick off show #2 in Seattle, Key Arena.

why do guys bring their stupid lame ass girlfriends who only know one song and pout if the do not play Alive for the bicillionth time?

Nobody does it like Ed!!!!

Murph Daddy 10-14-2009 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kev (Post 944184)
Nickelback at Liverpool Echo Arena :D

Why are these guys not coming back to Ireland? Skipped us last two times around, great gig last September, cmon...the Irish love Nickelback!!

hometownboy 10-16-2009 10:24 PM

managed to bad myself a greenday ticket for the week after next! standing aswell! i am excited :D but i did sell my a-ha tickets :( i won them in a competition so they were free but needed the money and got £60! not badd

Goldsausage 10-16-2009 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometownboy (Post 947046)
managed to bad myself a greenday ticket for the week after next! standing aswell! i am excited :D but i did sell my a-ha tickets :( i won them in a competition so they were free but needed the money and got £60! not badd

WTF? A-ha ANNOUNCE A FAREWELL TOUR AND YOU SELL YOUR TICKET FOR GREEN DAY?

You're nuts! :p

Coulda given me your ticket for free and then sold your body for £60 <_<

hometownboy 10-17-2009 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goldsausage (Post 947048)
WTF? A-ha ANNOUNCE A FAREWELL TOUR AND YOU SELL YOUR TICKET FOR GREEN DAY?

You're nuts! :p

Coulda given me your ticket for free and then sold your body for £60 <_<

:p man, id already sold the tickets before they announced the split, i'd probably would have gone if i knew it would be my last chance!

Although i got a job at M.E.N Arena the other day, stewarding! so hopefully i will have completed the training in time to be at the gig, even though ill be working i'll still get to hear crying in the rain!

Goldsausage 10-17-2009 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometownboy (Post 947172)
:p man, id already sold the tickets before they announced the split, i'd probably would have gone if i knew it would be my last chance!

Although i got a job at M.E.N Arena the other day, stewarding! so hopefully i will have completed the training in time to be at the gig, even though ill be working i'll still get to hear crying in the rain!

Man, so you're gonna be a steward eh? Well, when you see my Bruce Springsteen gig review you'll see how much I hate stewards and want them all dead :D

hometownboy 10-17-2009 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goldsausage (Post 947178)
Man, so you're gonna be a steward eh? Well, when you see my Bruce Springsteen gig review you'll see how much I hate stewards and want them all dead :D

haha aslong as we get to see the review i'll let you off :p

C'monFeet 10-20-2009 11:51 PM

Rufus Wainright, family & friends - A Not So Silent Night @ the Albert Hall.

Paying on the door for Therapy? tomorrow.

Crushgen24/88 10-25-2009 07:55 PM

All-American Rejects in Orlando Florida. Yeah, I'm a die hard..lol

*ºÇåptäîn¤Çrä§hº* 10-27-2009 04:38 PM

Kevin Costner & Modern West in Munich last Friday. It was good. Of course, it's because of the star bonus, but so what. When else do you get such a Hollywood star for 2 hours in front of you...

Kathleen 10-27-2009 05:22 PM

I saw Leonard Cohen last Friday night. I fell in love with his music (or more accurately his words) in 1967 and I have been a fan ever since.

I have to say that he blew the roof off Madison Square Garden on Friday. I figured that it would be pretty low key, some poetry and some quiet music. Hah - his backing band is composed of people with solo quality skills and the New York audience was raucous and loud and appreciative and called for 4 encores.

He is 75 and he held us mesmerized for 3 1/2 hours (with a 20 minute intermission). Yes - more than 3 hours at his age. I'm still hearing the music in my head (right next to The Circle today lol).

C'monFeet 10-27-2009 07:00 PM

Cohen was absolutely a once-in-a-lifetime experience for me. Up there with Simon and Garfunkel. Glorious in every sense of the word.

If there was ever a show worth paying £200 for....

Kathleen 10-27-2009 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by C'monFeet (Post 951490)
Cohen was absolutely a once-in-a-lifetime experience for me. Up there with Simon and Garfunkel. Glorious in every sense of the word.

If there was ever a show worth paying £200 for....

Yeah - he would have been worth that and the tickets weren't anywhere near that expensive. They were about half that. Once in a lifetime describes it beautifully.

And I get to see Simon and Garfunkel at MSG this Thursday night :D I am so lucky to live where I do.

asok80 10-29-2009 09:25 PM

So annoyed with the prices and booking fees for the Jovi shows so instead I bought tix to see Nickelback at Wembley Arena in January.

JerseyboyUK 10-31-2009 01:34 AM

O2 presale to the rescue again:

John Mayer at Wolves Civic in January

He is incredible, easily one the greatest guitarists of his generation and a pretty nifty songwriter too. I couldn't go see him last time he was over because it clashed with Jovi in Coventry so im over the moon that i get to FINALLY see him next year!

wangmaster 11-01-2009 11:30 PM

The Cribs at Doncaster Dome in a couple of months.

carson 11-02-2009 12:56 AM

alice in chains brixton academy for december
rammstein wembley arena for fed
pete doherty next week some pub in battersea, cant ****ing wait
bon jovi nxt year, bank took a kaining on that one

Mongoose 11-02-2009 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wangmaster (Post 953860)
The Cribs at Doncaster Dome in a couple of months.

Donny Dome..lucky you !

carson 11-04-2009 11:06 PM

hopefully the bon jovi gig tomorrow if i won tickets, please please please and then babyshambles in camden afterwards

Miracle 11-18-2009 03:35 AM

The Trews...I'm pumped :-D

Crushgen24/88 11-22-2009 11:40 AM

Friend of mine just got me tickets for us to see John Mayer at the Garden in February.