Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Other Bands (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Last band/artist you've bought a ticket to see... (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=37630)

Chica Guacamole 11-13-2010 01:08 PM

Got tickets for Jovi in Barcelona for me and my mum :) Also going to see Amy Macdonald here in Brussels next week so I'm looking forward to that :D

Crushgen24/88 11-14-2010 07:34 AM

My girlfriend bought me a ticket for My Chemical Romance and The Gaslight Anthem on December 3rd.

Jovimimi 11-14-2010 03:51 PM

Bon Jovi an awful lot of tickets ..but last show I went was MCR (My chemical romance) promo show in paris it was EXCELLENT

C'monFeet 11-20-2010 07:01 PM

Maiden! :)

Bleeding Purist 11-23-2010 12:30 PM

Roger Waters in a week and a half.

Before this was Muse and KISS in the same weekend.

C'monFeet 11-23-2010 02:11 PM

What did you think of Muse?

Bleeding Purist 11-23-2010 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by C'monFeet (Post 1027528)
What did you think of Muse?

They were "epic." The floor was general admission, which is not standard over here. The kids were actually jumping up and down on queue. Not as many as in Europe, but a sizeable amount worth noting.

I'm a Depeche Mode fan as well. They speak to the part of me that actually loves Synthesizers (which I wanted before turning to Guitar in the 80s.) So Muse answers to a modern version of them (Depeche also consistently uses guitars and drums in the mix and have so since the 90's.) They can be a bit too emo, just as Depeche Mode. They have improved on that though with the shows getting the pacing down. I look forward to the next album and tour.

milomom 11-23-2010 08:48 PM

Southside Johnny & The Asbury Jukes! :D They're playing in Montclair, NJ, following the first 2 Jovi shows at MSG. I made this discovery on Saturday morning and interrupted family breakfast at Kathleen's house to make sure they were free before I bought the tickets. :eek: Earlier this year I got to see Southside and the Jukes open for Jovi in Ohio, but this is the first time that Jovi and Jukes shows have been scheduled such that I could go to full shows from both bands on one trip!

Kathleen's husband keeps asking me when I'm moving to Jersey. I've always said that I'm not sure that "better tunes" is a valid reason to leave my job of 22+ years and move north . . . but I'm starting to wonder!

linnea.cfc32_jovibandana 12-02-2010 12:13 PM

damien dempsey for dec 15th and BJ for june 30th :)

C'monFeet 12-02-2010 09:35 PM

Harry Shearer's Christams Singalong

The Specials

Crushgen24/88 12-04-2010 09:08 AM

The MCR/Gaslight Anthem show was ****ing awesome.
Gaslight was great, but that wasn't a surprise. MCR was the shock, much harder live than on record, and that's a good thing. The middle of the set lagged a bit, but they put on a great show.

bonjovifreak 12-04-2010 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crushgen24/88 (Post 1029010)
Gaslight was great, but that wasn't a surprise. MCR was the shock, much harder live than on record, and that's a good thing. The middle of the set lagged a bit, but they put on a great show.

Glad you enjoyed it Brian. I saw MCR open for Jovi and thought they were good.

Crushgen24/88 12-05-2010 11:10 AM

Posted the Gaslight setlist in that topic. This was the MCR set, if anyone's interested:

1. Look Alive, Sunshine (Intro)
2. Na Na Na (Na Na Na Na Na Na Na Na Na)
3. Thank You For the Venom
4. Planetary (GO!)
5. Desolation Row (Bob Dylan cover)
6. I'm Not Okay (I Promise)
7. You Know What They Do to Guys Like Us in Prison
8. The Ghost of You
9. House of Wolves
10. The Only Hope For Me is You
11. Mama
12. Welcome to the Black Parade
13. Teenagers
14. Sing
15. DESTROYA
16. Helena

Encore
17. Cancer
18. The Kids From Yesterday

Savvi 12-05-2010 03:12 PM

Ohh my favourite song of theirs is Famous Last Words... do they still play that live?

choclady 12-12-2010 02:42 AM

Gisbert zu Knyphausen in Hamburg next friday :p

Bounce7800 12-12-2010 05:52 PM

Had to buy Take That tickets for the girlfriend for Wembley.

Then they went and moved the date from the Sunday to a Thursday so they could add another date :mad:

Also got Glee the day before that now! Not a very manly week in June :lol: But at least its Bon Jovi on the preceeding Saturday!

Jovimimi 12-12-2010 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crushgen24/88 (Post 1029010)

they were the last show I went to and they will be the next show I will see and I think they are BRILLIANT.... I mean MCR here (but I wish I was able to see the GA too but so far i have never seen them live ... )

I am a big MCR fan they are not only excellent musically lyrically etc but I love how those guys do those concept albums it is simply perfect ... and so well done well finished the new MCR is totally different from Black Parade but still SO GOOD so original ...

SamboraQueen21 01-08-2011 07:55 PM

Dashboard Confessional Swiss Army Romance 10th Anniversary Tour in Rochester, NY on Dec 15th.. Chris Carrabba may just be the the smartest, most passionate, and most talented musician i have ever seen. Cannot even describe how amazingly good this concert was and it was just him and his guitar solo! No drums, no bass, no backup, no screens, no fancy effects, no fireworks.... just a man who wears his heart on his sleeve and gives 150% live from the moment he steps on stage til the very last note.

SexxAtraxxion 01-08-2011 08:26 PM

I will be attending two shows during this month:

MGMT
Panic! At The Disco

Best regards,
the Sexx

asok80 01-22-2011 05:27 PM

AT LAST!! SSJ is coming to my town in April! been 9-10 years since their last show here. Gonna be a blast!

Jovimimi 01-22-2011 05:49 PM

I'll see MCR in Paris on march 1st

asok80 01-22-2011 06:01 PM

I wanna see MCR too! not to be this year either I suspect.

milomom 01-22-2011 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by asok80 (Post 1035923)
AT LAST!! SSJ is coming to my town in April! been 9-10 years since their last show here. Gonna be a blast!

That's great! I get to see them again in a month, and I can't wait!

asok80 01-22-2011 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milomom (Post 1035929)
That's great! I get to see them again in a month, and I can't wait!

It's been 6-7 years since the last show I saw so it's long overdue. Funny thing, this morning I was sitting by the computer thinking that it would be cool if SSJ would play in NJ when we're there in September and seconds later I stumble upon the info on the show here in Gothenburg! It's Magic!

Kathleen 01-22-2011 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by asok80 (Post 1035930)
It's been 6-7 years since the last show I saw so it's long overdue. Funny thing, this morning I was sitting by the computer thinking that it would be cool if SSJ would play in NJ when we're there in September and seconds later I stumble upon the info on the show here in Gothenburg! It's Magic!

And off I go to the SSJ page to see if any more local shows have been added LOL

Jovimimi 01-22-2011 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by asok80 (Post 1035926)
I wanna see MCR too! not to be this year either I suspect.

I was lucky to see them for a promo show in paris on november 1st and again in march ...they are great and have the best energy you could ask for ....

I LOVE SSJ but have not seen him and his band since 2003 I think ...

Chica Guacamole 01-23-2011 10:45 AM

Katy Perry in Aberdeen in October- not a huge fan of her live performances from what I've seen on Tv and the like, but my friend is a huge fan of hers and it's for her 21st birthday, so hopefully should be a fun night out if nothing else.

asok80 01-24-2011 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jovimimi (Post 1035945)
I was lucky to see them for a promo show in paris on november 1st and again in march ...they are great and have the best energy you could ask for ....

I LOVE SSJ but have not seen him and his band since 2003 I think ...

Same here, haven't seen SSJ live since 2004 so it's long overdue.

Crushgen24/88 02-18-2011 08:13 PM

A Patrick Stump (lead singer of Fall Out Boy) solo show at Joe's Pub in April.

Jovimimi 02-18-2011 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by asok80 (Post 1036126)
Same here, haven't seen SSJ live since 2004 so it's long overdue.

I must say i am not sure he came back to france since that but maybe he did and i was on a jovi trip...it happened to me often with Bruce

Jovimimi 02-18-2011 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crushgen24/88 (Post 1039721)
A Patrick Stump (lead singer of Fall Out Boy) solo show at Joe's Pub in April.

I hope Patrick will do some promo in europe ..I am following his work it's good (imo) ... his looks have changed drastically but he is the heart of FOB to me so his solo work is promising (he went solo because all the FOB band members left beside himself)

UKjovi 02-22-2011 09:55 AM

Roger Daltrey doing Tommy on March 24

Cherokee 02-23-2011 11:09 PM

Last Friday I bought a ticket to SCORPIONS CONCERT on 26th May! WOOOHOOOO!))) I just can't wait.
and, btw, I'm going to buy a ticket to Whitesnake concert... and I surely will... :cool:
just love all these bands.

Walleris 02-23-2011 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cherokee (Post 1040692)
Last Friday I bought a ticket to SCORPIONS CONCERT on 26th May! WOOOHOOOO!))) I just can't wait.
and, btw, I'm going to buy a ticket to Whitesnake concert... and I surely will... :cool:
just love all these bands.

I've seen Whitesnake two years ago and I can tell you that they're not that exciting TBH. I don't know aboud David voice right now, but it wasn't too great in 2009. Scorpions, on the other hand, are amazing, I'm unpleasantly surprised that they're not coming to my country as a part of the farewell tour, because they've been in my country like 3 or 4 times already and they have a huge fanbase. You russians have been lucky lately as far as rock concerts go. GN'R, U2 and now Scorpions.

C'monFeet 02-27-2011 01:55 PM

Did I mention the Levellers with the Wonderstuff already?

Tomorrow is payday and so some tickets. Most likely for a second Maiden show (The setlist is a bit predictable, but I *do* like it! They have built a great third act to their career); Glee; Doug Stanhope; Ariel Pink's Haunted Graffiti & Carter USM.

(Carter isn't till Dec. So can probably wait - will check what's up in the next month or so.)

*ºÇåptäîn¤Çrä§hº* 02-27-2011 04:02 PM

Bosstime - A Tribute to Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band. It was ****ing ace. We even made signs that they picked up - just like the Boss himself. Here's what they played:

01 Radio Nowhere
02 Prove It All Night
03 Because The Night
04 I'm Goin' Down
05 Born In The U.S.A.
06 Hungry Heart
07 The Rising
08 Lonesome Day
09 Tougher Than The Rest
10 Thunder Road
11 Out In The Streets
12 Born To Run
13 Human Touch
14 Promised Land
15 I'm On Fire
16 Trapped
17 Badlands
18 Cover Me
19 The River
Encore
20 Blood Brothers (acoustic)
21 No Surrender (acoustic)
22 Fever (acoustic)
23 Growin' Up (acoustic)
24 Pay Me My Money Down (acoustic)
25 Waitin' On A Sunny Day
26 Glory Days
27 Dancing In The Dark

Jovimimi 03-02-2011 11:55 PM

Yesterday i went to see MCR for their concert in paris exactly 4 months after their promo gig where we went too .... it was fantastic ...very fresh and very powerful. Gerard has a voice that is probably a little bit like Jon when they began ..not that he sounds alike but the same effect on ppl ..... his screaming and singing power is just impressive . Their new album is to me a lil gem. They show they sound very MCR and can make very different albums one after another ... I give that gig a solid A.

They did an almost 2 hours concert which was long for them (a lot of bands are doing shows that are around 1:30 and MCR is usually one of those )
The place was packed ..tons of *kids* on the floor were evacuated (it's impressive when you see a security guy leave the pit holding a girl that is NOT conscious and is like a rag doll ) Gerard seemed very concerned by that he stopped at one point and told the audience to not be stupid and ask for water to the security before it's too late ..- the security guys worked their butt off , non stop ... Gerard also thanked all the 'parents' for being so cool to let their kids have a good time while still protecting them and he pointed at us on both sides of the stage ..... I felt old (I am actually) and akward as I enjoyed the concert as much as the kiddos (but I was not nuts enough to be crushed on the floor). Why do some bands have to have an age limit for their amateurs ? it's very sad ... To me they sound great even at the old age of 51 :p

setlist

NaNaNa
Give 'Em Hell, Kid
Planetary (GO!)
Hang 'Em High!
Sing
Vampire Money
Mama
The Only Hope For Me Is You
House of Wolves
Summertime
I'm not Okay (I Promise)
Famous Last Words
The Ghost of You
Destroya
Welcome to the Black Parade
Teenagers
The Kids from Yesterday
Helena

Cancer
Bulletproof Heart

Crushgen24/88 03-06-2011 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jovimimi (Post 1041802)
Yesterday i went to see MCR for their concert in paris exactly 4 months after their promo gig where we went too .... it was fantastic ...very fresh and very powerful. Gerard has a voice that is probably a little bit like Jon when they began ..not that he sounds alike but the same effect on ppl ..... his screaming and singing power is just impressive . Their new album is to me a lil gem. They show they sound very MCR and can make very different albums one after another ... I give that gig a solid A.

They did an almost 2 hours concert which was long for them (a lot of bands are doing shows that are around 1:30 and MCR is usually one of those )
The place was packed ..tons of *kids* on the floor were evacuated (it's impressive when you see a security guy leave the pit holding a girl that is NOT conscious and is like a rag doll ) Gerard seemed very concerned by that he stopped at one point and told the audience to not be stupid and ask for water to the security before it's too late ..- the security guys worked their butt off , non stop ... Gerard also thanked all the 'parents' for being so cool to let their kids have a good time while still protecting them and he pointed at us on both sides of the stage ..... I felt old (I am actually) and akward as I enjoyed the concert as much as the kiddos (but I was not nuts enough to be crushed on the floor). Why do some bands have to have an age limit for their amateurs ? it's very sad ... To me they sound great even at the old age of 51 :p

setlist

NaNaNa
Give 'Em Hell, Kid
Planetary (GO!)
Hang 'Em High!
Sing
Vampire Money
Mama
The Only Hope For Me Is You
House of Wolves
Summertime
I'm not Okay (I Promise)
Famous Last Words
The Ghost of You
Destroya
Welcome to the Black Parade
Teenagers
The Kids from Yesterday
Helena

Cancer
Bulletproof Heart

That's a great MCR set.

Bon Jovi 5/6/11 at Nassau Coliseum

Becky 03-06-2011 08:44 PM

The most recent tickets I've bought are for Bon Jovi in Atlanta, GA, and Memphis, TN, in May and Keith Urban on June 16 in Biloxi, MS. I'm really looking forward to all the shows. The Bon Jovi shows will be right after finals for the semester and the Keith Urban show will be on my birthday! I've never been to a concert on my birthday before.

Miracle 03-07-2011 03:07 PM

Ticket to see the Trews in April. Can't wait!