Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Other Bands (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   DeF LEppARd (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=31919)

Stratocaster 10-11-2005 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Walrus
I've only just got into them in the last, like, 6 months ... liking what I hear though. Would like to see them live, although I hear that their Live 8 performance was a bit crap?

Was it balls.. lol - IMO they were the best band out of anyone on show at Live 8.. not just at Philadelphia either. Their tone was spot on, only thing I could fault was that perhaps the lead vocals were a bit quiet.

Also - in response to Def Leppard hitting the UK in March.. where did you hear about that!?? if that's true next year is going to be a killer year, I still haven't seen Def Leppard live but I've been waiting for them to tour for about a year now =/...

eriK 10-12-2005 06:35 PM

I would say that def leppard was the greatest band in the world during pyromania och hysteria.
My all time favorite records.

Spikeout 10-13-2005 12:55 AM

Yeah Def Lep are basically my joint favourite band with Bon Jovi, awesome albums down the years High N Dry, Pyromania, Hysteria, Retro Active and the best Slang. X is very good I think and Euphoria is sounding pretty good too although a few daft songs especially All Night which is diabolical. This covers album is sounding rubbish so far and since its delayed to Spring 2006 it will push their next studio album back further which is a bummer....

Rob 10-13-2005 02:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stratocaster
Was it balls.. lol - IMO they were the best band out of anyone on show at Live 8.. not just at Philadelphia either. Their tone was spot on, only thing I could fault was that perhaps the lead vocals were a bit quiet.

No way were they the best band at Live 8! That performance was very shabby. As for being better than anyone else then I would say the majority of acts were shabby, but Pink Floyd were very distinctive saying they haven't played together for so long. The Who were good and Velvet Revolver were ok. REM did a good version of Everybody Hurts, but apart from that most acts were poor.

Javier 10-13-2005 06:25 AM

Def Leppard Rock. That's a band that definetly deserves more attention than they're getting. They always put out quality music (although X was too pop for def, it was still good music). And the aerosmith syndrome about letting other songwriters write for you instead of collaborating has got to go.

Dave 1986 10-19-2005 02:59 AM

Just read this from the official site for those who are interested.

http://www.defleppard.com/news/index.html

10.17.2005 : ROCK OF AGES: THE DVD COLLECTION
IT'S OFFICIAL! The near platinum success of the North American "ROCK OF AGES" double CD gets an added edge with a companion DVD, called "ROCK OF AGES: THE DVD COLLECTION". The release assembles the band's greatest videos for the first time on one DVD, along with the video for "NOW" (previously unavailable in North America). Also included is the brand new, 2005 rehearsal bonus video for the band's #1 CLASSIC ROCK song, "NO MATTER WHAT".
As added bonuses, the audio has been remastered with DTS & Dolby 5.1 surround sound and Dolby stereo, a first track-by-track commentary by the entire band is included, and there is a Personal Playlist option, where the viewer gets to sequence each video to their liking.
"ROCK OF AGES: THE DVD COLLECTION" is released in the USA and Canada on November 15.

http://www.defleppard.com/news/img/rockofages_dvd.jpg

1. POUR SOME SUGAR ON ME
2. PHOTOGRAPH
3. LOVE BITES
4. LET'S GET ROCKED
5. TWO STEPS BEHIND
6. ANIMAL
7. FOOLIN'
8. ROCKET
9. WHEN LOVE & HATE COLLIDE
10. ARMAGEDDON IT
11. HAVE YOU EVER NEEDED SOMEONE SO BAD
12. ROCK OF AGES
13. HYSTERIA
14. BRINGIN' ON THE HEARTBREAK
15. PROMISES
16. WOMEN
17. SLANG
18. WORK IT OUT
19. NOW

Well I have all their DVD's thus far therefor I have all their videos already, but I might import this one just for the audio commentary alone.

Captain Walrus 10-19-2005 03:01 AM

Quote:

The release assembles the band's greatest videos for the first time on one DVD
Thats a lie. The DVD my mate has includes all those videos and more, I'm sure of it

Dave 1986 10-19-2005 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Walrus
Thats a lie. The DVD my mate has includes all those videos and more, I'm sure of it

Yea, the UK Best Of The Videos DVD contains over 30 videos, containing 3 from Pyromania, then all the vids from the Hysteria album onwards up untill Long Long Way To Go from X, plus bonus videos (alternate version of Armageddon It, "Epic" 8 minute version of When Love And Hate Collide and the Directors cut of Slang).

And the videos not included on the Best Of DVD are scattered between the Historia and Vizualize/Video Archive DVD's.

The amount of videos on the US version sucks compared to the UK version but they've got audio commentary by the band on each video.

A NEW live DVD would be nice though.

Dave 1986 02-06-2006 06:45 PM

I read somewhere that Def Leppard are going to be working on a brand new studio album following the summer tour and promotiong the Yeah! album, but that won't probably see the light of day until mid 2007.

eriK 02-06-2006 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by david2k86
I read somewhere that Def Leppard are going to be working on a brand new studio album following the summer tour and promotiong the Yeah! album, but that won't probably see the light of day until mid 2007.

Sounds great. Hopefull it will be a rock album not a pop album such as X.