Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Other Bands (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Last band/artist you've bought a ticket to see... (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=37630)

steel_horse75 11-14-2018 11:56 AM

Rently bought tickets to..

Pink - wifes
Little Mix - wife and daughter.
kiss - mine
Bon Jovi - mine

Savvi 11-16-2018 03:29 AM

This year I saw a mixed bag...

Queen (with Adam Lambert)
Bruno Mars
Imagine Dragons
Taylor Swift
Def Leppard
Celine Dion

I still have Shania Twain and Bon Jovi to go.

Def Leppard has been the concert I enjoyed the most so far, closely followed by Imagine Dragons. Though all 6 concerts were actually top notch.

Bleeding Purist 11-16-2018 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bounce7800 (Post 1246327)
Lot of good shows going on sale.

Got Muse at the Royal Albert Hall coming up, The 1975 in Jan, Kaiser Chiefs in Feb and the plan for Bon Jovi in June and Muse in the summer.

Ugh.. I'm waiting on Muse to announce a LA date and here you are, Muse in the winter, Muse in the Summer, Muse, Muse, Muse. They are playing an I Heart Radio thing with the The Killers and others, but that is obviously not part of the Simulation Theory tour as other cities in CA are getting. They are likely going to return here with more time between that special date. From their tour schedule availability, it looks like it's possible they will hit Coachella, which I am going to, though I'm not convinced they are held in the same regard they once were to headline there. I didn't know I cared until this week. None of the early released songs from the album did anything for me and I hated "Dig Down." Checked out the album on Spotify and now I'm all jazzed up about it. I haven't missed a tour since Resistance.

In the meantime, I have Fleetwood Mac next month and KISS next Feb.

Supersonic 11-16-2018 09:43 PM

Aloha !

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bleeding Purist (Post 1247476)
Ugh.. I'm waiting on Muse to announce a LA date and here you are, Muse in the winter, Muse in the Summer, Muse, Muse, Muse.

In the meantime, I have Fleetwood Mac next month and KISS next Feb.

I remember you saying in 2011 you'd do the same for Muse like you did for Bon Jovi. You could combine the two, they're playing in Europe in the same month. See Muse in Cologne on June 29 and then Bon Jovi in Dusseldorf on July 3. Both cities are close to eachother and just a few hours away from Paris, making you able to see Muse again over there on July the 5th as well and then take the train to see Bon Jovi in Madrid. That's 4 shows in 10 days. :)

I've no idea what your income is like nowadays but I'd say it's worth a look. I've combined several acts on trip before and it's great fun.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Bleeding Purist 11-17-2018 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic (Post 1247488)
Aloha !



I remember you saying in 2011 you'd do the same for Muse like you did for Bon Jovi. You could combine the two, they're playing in Europe in the same month. See Muse in Cologne on June 29 and then Bon Jovi in Dusseldorf on July 3. Both cities are close to eachother and just a few hours away from Paris, making you able to see Muse again over there on July the 5th as well and then take the train to see Bon Jovi in Madrid. That's 4 shows in 10 days. :)

I've no idea what your income is like nowadays but I'd say it's worth a look. I've combined several acts on trip before and it's great fun.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

The main issue is that I don't think I care enough about Bon Jovi anymore to want to bother with all of that and that I just spent a shitload of money on the concerts I have coming up. Three 15th row center seats for Fleetwood Mac are not cheap. I went to two THINFS shows in the U.S. and enjoyed them for what they were, but everything has paled since the 2010-2011 tour. I don't think they can do anything that would really get me excited at this point short of the kind of thing we saw on the Lost Highway tour, which I can't see being possible with Jon's voice.

As for Muse, I decided to make a San Francisco birthday weekend trip out of it... so just got tickets for that yesterday.

BJFan99 11-24-2018 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bleeding Purist (Post 1247590)
The main issue is that I don't think I care enough about Bon Jovi anymore to want to bother with all of that and that I just spent a shitload of money on the concerts I have coming up. Three 15th row center seats for Fleetwood Mac are not cheap. I went to two THINFS shows in the U.S. and enjoyed them for what they were, but everything has paled since the 2010-2011 tour. I don't think they can do anything that would really get me excited at this point short of the kind of thing we saw on the Lost Highway tour, which I can't see being possible with Jon's voice.

As for Muse, I decided to make a San Francisco birthday weekend trip out of it... so just got tickets for that yesterday.

I think the band's set lists will still be impressive in Europe, no matter how shitty Jon's voice is. They were great in 2013 as well, even though his vocal decline had already begun quite audibly.

Bleeding Purist 11-29-2018 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BJFan99 (Post 1247786)
I think the band's set lists will still be impressive in Europe, no matter how shitty Jon's voice is. They were great in 2013 as well, even though his vocal decline had already begun quite audibly.

At this point, I'm more interested in hearing post 2000 songs that haven't been done much, if at all, in more recent years, along with new songs. I've heard just about every single song from the 80s and 90s that I'd want to hear or that the band will touch.

Bounce7800 12-05-2018 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bleeding Purist (Post 1247590)
The main issue is that I don't think I care enough about Bon Jovi anymore to want to bother with all of that and that I just spent a shitload of money on the concerts I have coming up. Three 15th row center seats for Fleetwood Mac are not cheap. I went to two THINFS shows in the U.S. and enjoyed them for what they were, but everything has paled since the 2010-2011 tour. I don't think they can do anything that would really get me excited at this point short of the kind of thing we saw on the Lost Highway tour, which I can't see being possible with Jon's voice.

As for Muse, I decided to make a San Francisco birthday weekend trip out of it... so just got tickets for that yesterday.

The Muse tour should be great, the charity show in London on Monday was superb. Loving the new songs (well except Break It To Me) and the metal medley that I've linked in the YT thread was just mindblowing on the night. The full size tour with a full set and complete with whatever visuals they will bring should be amazing

Bleeding Purist 12-12-2018 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bounce7800 (Post 1248747)
The Muse tour should be great, the charity show in London on Monday was superb. Loving the new songs (well except Break It To Me) and the metal medley that I've linked in the YT thread was just mindblowing on the night. The full size tour with a full set and complete with whatever visuals they will bring should be amazing

Break It To Me is pretty good to me. I think it will grow on me even more over time. I've refrained from listening to the album as heavily as I'd like because I have Fleetwood Mac coming up this weekend and have been keeping myself in that gear until then.

After that I'll likely go full Muse and get back to having the album on repeat.

Bounce7800 12-12-2018 11:51 AM

Pressure is such a good song, helped by the singalong Riff that I've even got my 5 year old doing.

Bleeding Purist 12-13-2018 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bounce7800 (Post 1249458)
Pressure is such a good song, helped by the singalong Riff that I've even got my 5 year old doing.

Agreed. Pressure is the song that made me pay attention to the album. I hated Dig Down so much that I ignored every single released after that.

eddie73 12-13-2018 08:21 PM

Aussie Pink Floyd

Wayward Sons

The Dead Daisies

steel_horse75 07-12-2019 10:05 AM

Just back from KISS at o2 - they know how to put on a show.
Awesome.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

steel_horse75 07-12-2019 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eddie73 (Post 1249493)
Aussie Pink Floyd



Wayward Sons



The Dead Daisies



Dead daisies are awesome live.
Jon Corabis voice is just awesome. Love that crue 94 album.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 01:26 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11.
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.