Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Bon Jovi Talk Podcasts (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70442)

liljovi93 03-12-2019 09:32 PM

Kenny has agreed to doing a Q&A so send questions across!!!

Either here or to @bonjovitalk

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

liljovi93 03-13-2019 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liljovi93 (Post 1251585)
Kenny has agreed to doing a Q&A so send questions across!!!

Either here or to @bonjovitalk

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Recording podcast with Kenny Aronoff today at 11pm (UK time) so get your questions across [emoji1303] had some brilliant ones so far.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

james_d 03-13-2019 07:43 PM

The podcast is getting better and better, it's been really cool to see when editing everything together. It's worth remembering for some people that there's nothing Jay can really do about a guest not having a proper mic/being really quiet. There's only so high you can put recording levels.

liljovi93 03-13-2019 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by james_d (Post 1251608)
The podcast is getting better and better, it's been really cool to see when editing everything together. It's worth remembering for some people that there's nothing Jay can really do about a guest not having a proper mic/being really quiet. There's only so high you can put recording levels.

Thanks mate. Again, big thank you for sorting stuff out for me.

Yeah, trust me, volume is up 100% every single time I do the podcast. I struggle with the hearing sometimes.

As I said, I've bought some speakers too now so hopefully the audio sounds better and clearer with these. It seemed it with Mark Weiss podcast.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

mr_bluesman 03-13-2019 11:38 PM

cool stuff here! oh and Mitch Lafon interviewed Chuck Burgi who played drums on the first bj record.
https://omny.fm/shows/rock-talk-with...inbow-bon-jovi

YOVANAfromPeru 03-14-2019 02:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr_bluesman (Post 1251610)
Mitch Lafon interviewed Chuck Burgi who played drums on the first bj record.
https://omny.fm/shows/rock-talk-with...inbow-bon-jovi

https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/bon-j...ml#post1251160

Rdkopper 03-14-2019 03:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr_bluesman (Post 1251610)
cool stuff here! oh and Mitch Lafon interviewed Chuck Burgi who played drums on the first bj record.

https://omny.fm/shows/rock-talk-with...inbow-bon-jovi

What part of the interview(time)?

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

YOVANAfromPeru 03-14-2019 04:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1251615)
What part of the interview(time)?

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

yeah, pretend that you didn't read my post above... >_< Lol...

Rdkopper 03-14-2019 04:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOVANAfromPeru (Post 1251619)
yeah, pretend that you didn't read my post above... >_< Lol...

I did that on purpose just to see if you're paying attention. It's like oxygen!

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

YOVANAfromPeru 03-14-2019 04:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1251620)
I did that on purpose just to see if you're paying attention. It's like oxygen!

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

And I did that on purpose, too! (like the Mona Lisa email drama... >_< jajajaj)
End of the story... lol

Rdkopper 03-14-2019 04:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOVANAfromPeru (Post 1251621)
And I did that on purpose, too! (like the Mona Lisa email drama... >_< jajajaj)

End of the story... lol

Ha... Nothing is worse than the Mona Lisa email drama... I pretend that never happened.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

YOVANAfromPeru 03-14-2019 04:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1251622)
Ha... Nothing is worse than the Mona Lisa email drama... I pretend that never happened.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

You are right... -_-

Jeeper 03-14-2019 10:38 AM

Sooooo.......back to the Podcasts.

Looking forward to hearing the Kenny Aronoff episode.

It would be good if some of the JT members came on too. Thereís a few outspoken members Iím sure weíd all be interested in hearing from.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

steel_horse75 03-14-2019 11:34 AM

Another thread spammed.

liljovi93 03-14-2019 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steel_horse75 (Post 1251638)
Another thread spammed.

Are you surprised?

Anyway, I done the podcast with Kenny last night. I have to say, I'm very 50/50 about it. It started off REALLY well. Kenny was very chatty, going in depth about his work and other bits. He seemed like he genuinely loved working with Jon and would love to work with him again.

About 35/40mins into the podcast, I felt it hit a bit of a wall. I ran out of things to say, Kenny covered so many topics in his answers that what I had planned went too fast. It finished quite abruptly unfortunately. He did tell me earlier in the week that he had another interview to do so maybe that was my fault with the time but I barely asked any Q&A stuff and he wanted it over quite quickly it seemed.

Lovely fella. Was asking me questions before we went on air which was nice but I feel l done a shit job at being the host after half an hour or so. All part of the experience though. I'm 14 podcasts in and I've never done anything like this before so it'll come with time. I'm looking forward to posting this podcast still. I did repeat myself a lot and stumbled a lot unfortunately. Ah well.

Lorenza was due to come on the podcast but I got a message this morning saying can't. I think she's been told not too. I'm blocked by Matt as I'm too negative and say what I think too much. Ah well again.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Jeeper 03-14-2019 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liljovi93 (Post 1251640)
Are you surprised?

Anyway, I done the podcast with Kenny last night. I have to say, I'm very 50/50 about it. It started off REALLY well. Kenny was very chatty, going in depth about his work and other bits. He seemed like he genuinely loved working with Jon and would love to work with him again.

About 35/40mins into the podcast, I felt it hit a bit of a wall. I ran out of things to say, Kenny covered so many topics in his answers that what I had planned went too fast. It finished quite abruptly unfortunately. He did tell me earlier in the week that he had another interview to do so maybe that was my fault with the time but I barely asked any Q&A stuff and he wanted it over quite quickly it seemed.

Lovely fella. Was asking me questions before we went on air which was nice but I feel l done a shit job at being the host after half an hour or so. All part of the experience though. I'm 14 podcasts in and I've never done anything like this before so it'll come with time. I'm looking forward to posting this podcast still. I did repeat myself a lot and stumbled a lot unfortunately. Ah well.

Lorenza was due to come on the podcast but I got a message this morning saying can't. I think she's been told not too. I'm blocked by Matt as I'm too negative and say what I think too much. Ah well again.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk



Like you said Jay, youíre only 14 episodes in. And it is a two way thing. As much as youíre the host, thereís an emphasis on the guest too.

Maybe a good idea for future Podcasts would be to have a reserve list of questions that you can use if the conversation is starting to strain a little. Back up questions, if you like.

Keep at it. And as before, itíd be great to have more JT members on.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

liljovi93 03-14-2019 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeeper (Post 1251641)
Like you said Jay, youíre only 14 episodes in. And it is a two way thing. As much as youíre the host, thereís an emphasis on the guest too.

Maybe a good idea for future Podcasts would be to have a reserve list of questions that you can use if the conversation is starting to strain a little. Back up questions, if you like.

Keep at it. And as before, itíd be great to have more JT members on.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Cheers mate.

Yeah, it's all a learning process. Maybe I'm future, just doing a fans Q&A would work too. I got that many questions yesterday but didn't get through many. I did ask some through the podcast too.

Maybe I need to stop thinking they need to be at least an hour or whatever too and just go with the flow. If it's 30 mins, it's 30 mins.

I'd love some people from here to do one.

Kev, Kathleen, Rdkopper, Seb, bonjovi90 to name a few.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Jeeper 03-14-2019 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liljovi93 (Post 1251643)
Cheers mate.

Yeah, it's all a learning process. Maybe I'm future, just doing a fans Q&A would work too. I got that many questions yesterday but didn't get through many. I did ask some through the podcast too.

Maybe I need to stop thinking they need to be at least an hour or whatever too and just go with the flow. If it's 30 mins, it's 30 mins.

I'd love some people from here to do one.

Kev, Kathleen, Rdkopper, Seb, bonjovi90 to name a few.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk



Yeah exactly. A lot of people donít have the time to ramble on for an hour and half like me!

I think Kenny is a prime example. Busy guy and he comes across like he canít keep still for long. Half an hour was probably his limit.

Maybe ask the guests off air if they prefer 30mins or longer.

Deffo would like to listen to those JT podcasts.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

steel_horse75 03-14-2019 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liljovi93 (Post 1251640)

Lorenza was due to come on the podcast but I got a message this morning saying can't. I think she's been told not too. I'm blocked by Matt as I'm too negative and say what I think too much. Ah well again.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Does she even work for BJ anymore? Wonder why shes been asked not to (if she has?)

liljovi93 03-14-2019 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steel_horse75 (Post 1251645)
Does she even work for BJ anymore? Wonder why shes been asked not to (if she has?)

She's always at events with Jon. Whatever solo shows he's doing lately. Was with her about 2-3 weeks ago.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

JackieBlue 03-14-2019 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liljovi93 (Post 1251640)
Are you surprised? ...

Lorenza was due to come on the podcast but I got a message this morning saying can't. I think she's been told not to...

"Are you surprised?" :p :D
I'm sorry you weren't as happy with the podcast with Kenny as you have been with some of the others; especially since you were so excited about that one. But I'm sure you handled it well. And as you say, you've just been doing this a short time so you're still learning things.

Jeeper's idea of asking, before you begin, how much time they prefer sounds like a good one. Or maybe you could ask when you're first arranging to do the podcast. That way you'd know in advance how to structure the format and questions.

At any rate, I'm enjoying the podcasts and I'm still looking forward to the one with Kenny. :)

liljovi93 03-14-2019 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JackieBlue (Post 1251655)
"Are you surprised?" [emoji14] :D

I'm sorry you weren't as happy with the podcast with Kenny as you have been with some of the others; especially since you were so excited about that one. But I'm sure you handled it well. And as you say, you've just been doing this a short time so you're still learning things.



Jeeper's idea of asking, before you begin, how much time they prefer sounds like a good one. Or maybe you could ask when you're first arranging to do the podcast. That way you'd know in advance how to structure the format and questions.



At any rate, I'm enjoying the podcasts and I'm still looking forward to the one with Kenny. :)

Yeah, I mean to be honest, I always say it's approx an hour anyway if that's good with them and they agree. Kenny's was 55 mins. Just listened to some of it then. It was ok.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

liljovi93 03-16-2019 10:31 PM

https://youtu.be/SSk83MP0YTU - Episode 12 up with long term fan, Naomi. She is also a member on this board. jovigirl (I think)

https://youtu.be/_SL3J4JhOII - Episode 13 also up. This was with ex Bon Jovi photographer, Mark Weiss. Mark was a lovely guy to speak too. Gave me some interesting stories and we are also running a competition. The prizes are a print of the band signed by Mark, a t-shirt and some postcards. We are just finalizing the details of this competition but listen to to the podcast as it'll be something related to the podcast.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

nikos greece 03-16-2019 10:40 PM

keep up the good work with podcasts man...

kenny was a great addition, maybe 1:30 is a strech though..

could someone maybe describe the story hughs son said about jon and richie at the hof, listened part of the interview but didnt came across it..

liljovi93 03-17-2019 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nikos greece (Post 1251740)
keep up the good work with podcasts man...



kenny was a great addition, maybe 1:30 is a strech though..



could someone maybe describe the story hughs son said about jon and richie at the hof, listened part of the interview but didnt came across it..

Thanks very much.

Ah the time is definitely a stretch. One thing I'm struggling with is the timekeeping in all honesty. I get 'carried away' with certain topics and discussions. I need to move onto the next topic quicker.

Kenny was about 55 mins, though.

The story about JBJ & Richie - Jake got stopped from going in and Takumi spotted them and said 'they're with the band'

So anyway, Jake goes into a room and the full band, wives and everyone's kids are there. David Bergman takes a photo of the band. Then a photo of the band and partners/kids and then Jon says he wants one of just everyone's children. Jake is 6 foot 8 so Richie makes a joke about him being at the back. As they pose for photos, Jake says he looks down and Richie and Jon are just stood there hugging each other and taking it in.

Probably doesn't sound much as you read it but it sounded nice to hear from Jake and obviously meant something to him to see it too.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

YOVANAfromPeru 03-17-2019 01:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liljovi93 (Post 1251738)
https://youtu.be/_SL3J4JhOII - Episode 13 also up. This was with ex Bon Jovi photographer, Mark Weiss. Mark was a lovely guy to speak too. Gave me some interesting stories and we are also running a competition. The prizes are a print of the band signed by Mark, a t-shirt and some postcards. We are just finalizing the details of this competition but listen to to the podcast as it'll be something related to the podcast.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

I'll take a listen...
btw He has a page with an auction for Bon Jovi pictures that ends this March 20: https://www.rocksceneauctions.com/?s...&type_aws=true

liljovi93 03-17-2019 01:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOVANAfromPeru (Post 1251749)
I'll take a listen...

btw He has a page with an auction for Bon Jovi pictures that ends this March 20: https://www.rocksceneauctions.com/?s...&type_aws=true

Yeah, that's what a lot of the podcast is about. The competition is from this auction.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

nikos greece 03-17-2019 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liljovi93 (Post 1251743)
Thanks very much.

Ah the time is definitely a stretch. One thing I'm struggling with is the timekeeping in all honesty. I get 'carried away' with certain topics and discussions. I need to move onto the next topic quicker.

Kenny was about 55 mins, though.

The story about JBJ & Richie - Jake got stopped from going in and Takumi spotted them and said 'they're with the band'

So anyway, Jake goes into a room and the full band, wives and everyone's kids are there. David Bergman takes a photo of the band. Then a photo of the band and partners/kids and then Jon says he wants one of just everyone's children. Jake is 6 foot 8 so Richie makes a joke about him being at the back. As they pose for photos, Jake says he looks down and Richie and Jon are just stood there hugging each other and taking it in.

Probably doesn't sound much as you read it but it sounded nice to hear from Jake and obviously meant something to him to see it too.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

thank you for the answer, keep up the good work!!
an interesting addition from the bj past would be billy falcon, bandiera, doc mchgee and the bodyguarrd of jon during the sww-nj, the guy wrote a book the starman and in general said he was like a brother to him till he threw him off (in jons defense that guy was also clode to doc and jon wanted a fresh start)

JackieBlue 03-18-2019 01:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nikos greece (Post 1251782)
thank you for the answer, keep up the good work!!
an interesting addition from the bj past would be billy falcon, bandiera, doc mchgee and the bodyguarrd of jon during the sww-nj, the guy wrote a book the starman and in general said he was like a brother to him till he threw him off (in jons defense that guy was also clode to doc and jon wanted a fresh start)

Michael Francis. Starman is a great book! I was just thinking about him last night and was gonna suggest him but you beat me to it! So, I'll just second this motion... :D

angelsambo 04-02-2019 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr_bluesman (Post 1251610)
cool stuff here! oh and Mitch Lafon interviewed Chuck Burgi who played drums on the first bj record.
https://omny.fm/shows/rock-talk-with...inbow-bon-jovi

another one with desmond child

https://twitter.com/mitchlafon/statu...30688946995201

liljovi93 05-24-2019 01:25 PM

I've decided to finally publish episode 14 with Kenny Aronoff.

I'm going to be very honest and say it has taken this long to do it because I wasn't keen on it. It felt very flat and I repeated myself a lot. I don't know whether it was because Kenny answered in detail quite early on or whether I was running out of things to say, I'm not sure. I just instantly felt a bit flat once we hung up and I've not been confident on uploading it but **** it, it's up.

I've got a couple more to upload before the tour starts again so I may upload them tomorrow and the day after.

Here it is for those interested anyway:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-m3...ature=youtu.be

https://anchor.fm/dashboard/episode/e44odm

angelsambo 05-24-2019 08:38 PM

another one with john shanks


angelsambo 05-25-2019 01:46 AM

another one with phil x

https://www.iheart.com/podcast/269-r...tboy-43148887/

Jeeper 05-30-2019 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liljovi93 (Post 1253065)
I've decided to finally publish episode 14 with Kenny Aronoff.



I'm going to be very honest and say it has taken this long to do it because I wasn't keen on it. It felt very flat and I repeated myself a lot. I don't know whether it was because Kenny answered in detail quite early on or whether I was running out of things to say, I'm not sure. I just instantly felt a bit flat once we hung up and I've not been confident on uploading it but **** it, it's up.



I've got a couple more to upload before the tour starts again so I may upload them tomorrow and the day after.



Here it is for those interested anyway:



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-m3...ature=youtu.be



https://anchor.fm/dashboard/episode/e44odm



Some great little stories in there mate. I think Kennyís just more interested in Kenny than specific artists heís collaborated with! And as he admitted, his recollection of the BOG sessions are a bit vague in places.

Still, itís fantastic to have someone so well respected like that on your own Podcast!

Also, really enjoyed Daveís podcast. Good stuff.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

liljovi93 05-30-2019 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeeper (Post 1253174)
Some great little stories in there mate. I think Kennyís just more interested in Kenny than specific artists heís collaborated with! And as he admitted, his recollection of the BOG sessions are a bit vague in places.

Still, itís fantastic to have someone so well respected like that on your own Podcast!

Also, really enjoyed Daveís podcast. Good stuff.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks mate.

I was really disappointed with the Kenny one. From my own 'hosting' more than anything. Thankfully, response has been good to it.

Dave was great to have one. Knows his stuff and lovely fella.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Jeeper 05-30-2019 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liljovi93 (Post 1253181)
Thanks mate.

I was really disappointed with the Kenny one. From my own 'hosting' more than anything. Thankfully, response has been good to it.

Dave was great to have one. Knows his stuff and lovely fella.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk



Yeah Daveís was great.

And itís early days into these Podcasts. Thereíll be the odd blip here and there. Youíre doing great.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

steel_horse75 05-30-2019 02:00 PM

Listening to the podcast with Dave - Very good - 30 mins in.

Dave couldn't remember the support act in 93 - it was Rockhead - Bob Rocks little band.

Skid Row on the NJ videos - Guitarist Dave Sabo was being mocked by Jon and jokingly saying the band was going to be called Skip Rope and Rachel Bolan should be called Rackella.

Dave sounds a bit like me in terms of what he has seen - the best years of the band but my first gig was 1990 as Im a tad older!

Be interesting to see what he thinks of the band now - the listening continues........Yep The Circle started the decline.

liljovi93 05-30-2019 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steel_horse75 (Post 1253187)
Listening to the podcast with Dave - Very good - 30 mins in.

Dave couldn't remember the support act in 93 - it was Rockhead - Bob Rocks little band.

Skid Row on the NJ videos - Guitarist Dave Sabo was being mocked by Jon and jokingly saying the band was going to be called Skip Rope and Rachel Bolan should be called Rackella.

Dave sounds a bit like me in terms of what he has seen - the best years of the band but my first gig was 1990 as Im a tad older!

Be interesting to see what he thinks of the band now - the listening continues........Yep The Circle started the decline.

Fancy coming on mate?

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

liljovi93 05-30-2019 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeeper (Post 1253183)
Yeah Daveís was great.

And itís early days into these Podcasts. Thereíll be the odd blip here and there. Youíre doing great.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks Andy. Appreciate you taking the time to listen to every one so far.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

steel_horse75 05-31-2019 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liljovi93 (Post 1253226)
Fancy coming on mate?

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk



I might do!!
Iíll see the gig at Wembley and then let you know. Cheers


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 12:38 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11.
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.