Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   1990 Hammersmith Gig (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=54583)

kidsonbridges 11-25-2012 07:00 PM

1990 Hammersmith Gig

Would like to start a facebook page to get a release of this full concert
one of the best show's Bon Jovi did live and can't believe they have never put it out

I no 6o min where broadcast on BBC 1 at the time but would love full concert

and also a release of Seven Days & The Cover of david Bowies Hereos wich is featured on Japan version of this Left feels right

any thoughts on starting this page !

bonjovi90 11-25-2012 08:30 PM

Similar ideas have been around for a long time.
But chances of it happening are close to zero. At first I'm pretty sure Jon isn't keen on releasing their own old stuff as it would just show how much they went downhill since 1990 and furthermore they'd have to pay way too much royalties. About half of the setlist were cover songs that night and the profit wouldn't be enough (at least in the BJ camp).

nikos greece 11-25-2012 08:32 PM

i think it deserves a try...these days the band can easily be informed how it could please the harcore fans...i hope it reaches them and release a digital hi quality bootleg or sth,...

have you watched the led zeppelin new dvd???celebration day...i saw half of it but i found the production/editing and camera work quite average...in comparison to the standards we judge some of the bj releases...any thoughts

nickolai 11-25-2012 09:02 PM

It would be incredible but would never EVER happen. Jon Bon Jovi never does anything to appease the hardcore fans. The casuals are the ones that bring in the money and the casual fan would never buy it.

Good luck.

kidsonbridges 11-25-2012 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1096177)
Similar ideas have been around for a long time.
But chances of it happening are close to zero. At first I'm pretty sure Jon isn't keen on releasing their own old stuff as it would just show how much they went downhill since 1990 and furthermore they'd have to pay way too much royalties. About half of the setlist were cover songs that night and the profit wouldn't be enough (at least in the BJ camp).

I will work on Facebook page and keep all posted , I have a meeting with them at some point due to interviews etc and missed oppertunity last time , he tends to copy what Bono/U2 do and they are streets ahead with release's for fans but am sure if we hastle label enough (like latest inxs box set ) we could get it out
have not managed to see led zep as of yet
cheers for feedback

kidsonbridges 11-25-2012 09:59 PM

I will work on Facebook page and keep all posted , I have a meeting with them at some point due to interviews etc and missed oppertunity last time , he tends to copy what Bono/U2 do and they are streets ahead with release's for fans but am sure if we hastle label enough (like latest inxs box set ) we could get it out
have not managed to see led zep as of yet
cheers for feedback

afk 11-26-2012 09:38 AM

Would be cool. Let us know when the FB page is done :)

Iceman 11-26-2012 11:13 AM

Seven Days is also a cover, it's a Bob Dylan song, although just a demo (?). It was released by Dylan on a collection of demos and B-sides.

Ice

felipe-fontoura 11-26-2012 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kidsonbridges (Post 1096173)
Would like to start a facebook page to get a release of this full concert
one of the best show's Bon Jovi did live and can't believe they have never put it out

I no 6o min where broadcast on BBC 1 at the time but would love full concert

and also a release of Seven Days & The Cover of david Bowies Hereos wich is featured on Japan version of this Left feels right

any thoughts on starting this page !

Man, this is my dream. Let me know about this page when it's done.

Thx!

Simon 11-26-2012 06:15 PM

I never really knew why people were so fascinated by that gig. I have a bootleg and never listen to it. Yeah it's cool, but there would be other gigs I'd prefer. A proper live album of the 1988-1990 tour would be awesome, but focused on their own material. As much as I love covers, first I'd prefer a real BJ live album as a statement.