Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Other Bands (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Nickelback (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70919)

B.J. Always 04-30-2022 09:12 PM

Nickelback

I don't expect to see many people here, but since I had hijacked the DeF LEppARd thread to talk about Nickelback I thought I would go ahead and start a proper thread for Nickelback.

This is an article from last year: https://rockcelebrities.net/nickelba...ummer-of-2022/

I know they are going out on Tour this year, but can find nothing about any new album.

B.J. Always 05-01-2022 01:35 AM

This is one of my favorite songs.

Dave 1986 05-01-2022 08:54 PM

I got into them in 2001 when Silver Side Up was released. I remember thinking "How You Remind Me" was the best song I ever heard when I first heard it. Couldn't get enough of it. (I was 15 years old at the time and had only discovered a small fraction of the music I now love!) It got way overplayed though and I could quite happily go the rest of my life without ever hearing it again!

My favourite album of there's has always been The Long Road. I think that was when they were starting to really cross over into "mainstream" rock which would eventually lead to the much more commercial-sounding All The Right Reasons, which had several good songs on there but I found the album as a whole was lacking.

Their music on the whole has never really been "deep" or meaningful or anything like that but I used to find their music catchy and fun to listen to. Tonally and production-wise, it was usually very satisfying, but I think they just became more and more lowest common denominator. They were the support band for Bon Jovi during the Have a Nice Day UK tour in 2006 so I at least got to see them which was great. I remember when Chad Kroeger stopped and asked the crowd, "How many of you own a CD called All The Right Reasons?" and there was a mostly awkward silent afterward!

By the way, if you use the search function, or click the tag at the bottom of this thread, you'll find loads of threads about Nickelback. :)

B.J. Always 05-01-2022 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave 1986 (Post 1279755)
I got into them in 2001 when Silver Side Up was released. I remember thinking "How You Remind Me" was the best song I ever heard when I first heard it. Couldn't get enough of it. (I was 15 years old at the time and had only discovered a small fraction of the music I now love!) It got way overplayed though and I could quite happily go the rest of my life without ever hearing it again!

My favourite album of there's has always been The Long Road. I think that was when they were starting to really cross over into "mainstream" rock which would eventually lead to the much more commercial-sounding All The Right Reasons, which had several good songs on there but I found the album as a whole was lacking.

Their music on the whole has never really been "deep" or meaningful or anything like that but I used to find their music catchy and fun to listen to. Tonally and production-wise, it was usually very satisfying, but I think they just became more and more lowest common denominator. They were the support band for Bon Jovi during the Have a Nice Day UK tour in 2006 so I at least got to see them which was great. I remember when Chad Kroeger stopped and asked the crowd, "How many of you own a CD called All The Right Reasons?" and there was a mostly awkward silent afterward!

By the way, if you use the search function, or click the tag at the bottom of this thread, you'll find loads of threads about Nickelback. :)

LOL I never thought to try and check because I thought there was no way any threads would be on here. Thanks for telling me ;)

I understand what you mean about overplayed. There have been songs I really loved before they got played a million times.

Dave 1986 05-01-2022 11:44 PM

If you like Nickelback, might be worth checking out Theory of a Deadman if you haven't done so already.

B.J. Always 05-02-2022 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave 1986 (Post 1279772)
If you like Nickelback, might be worth checking out Theory of a Deadman if you haven't done so already.

I actually have already done so. I have some CD's from them.

B.J. Always 05-06-2022 01:57 AM

I wish they would put some new music out!

steel_horse75 05-06-2022 12:07 PM

I loved Home from the last album.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

KeepTheFaith2211 05-06-2022 08:52 PM

Never understood the hate. I wouldn’t say I like them but there’s a few songs I really enjoy from them.

B.J. Always 05-15-2022 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steel_horse75 (Post 1279961)
I loved Home from the last album.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I agree!