Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   A complete change of thoughts? (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=48554)

KeepTheFaith2211 07-16-2009 07:52 PM

A complete change of thoughts?

So...have you ever had a complete change of opinion on a particular Bon Jovi song? If I'm honest, I've only ever had two but I'm sure people will have had this at one point.

Always - I used to hate the song with a passion. I thought it was a rather boring ballad and often skipped it on CrossRoad and Live From London. However, one night listening to my MP3 player playing on the PlayStation, I left it on and it blew me away. Absolutely brilliant it was. It will still never be better than 'Bed Of Roses', though. ;)

Wanted Dead Or Alive - I have never ever understood the fuss about it. I believe it's possbly Jon and Richie's favourite song, and I've seen a few people on this board say 'it is the best song ever' or 'best song on SWW/by the band', which I thought was insane. However, I have been listening to it recently(mainly live versions) and it is a brilliant song. Not only the lyrics, the solo...very under-rated I think. It's not long or particularly mind-blowing, but I think it's absolutely brilliant and I take back everything bad I have said about this song in the past. :)

Matrix15 07-16-2009 08:04 PM

Too many to list really. Certainly thought Lost Highway was boring until I gave it a proper listen and realised that it has some great tracks. Didn't rate HAND until I listened and realised how addictive WSYCGH is.
Sadly, prayer becomes samey if you listen to it for the thousandth time.

My biggest opinion change was probably on these days. I thought it was depressing and crap but then one faithful day I heard something to believe in an considered the lyrics. They were incredible and began my love of the album.

liljovi93 07-16-2009 08:25 PM

Always - Used to hate it, now it's my favorite song ever.

Someday I'll Be Sat Night - Another song I hated, now I love the CR version and Boxset version.

Savvi 07-16-2009 08:32 PM

For better...

- The whole of These Days except Something For The Pain and This Aint a Love song. When i first bought the album and listened to it, I was like "this has to be my least favourite Jovi album!". And it was for a while until one by one, I really got into each song. I think I was so put off by my first couple of listens that I never gave it another shot. But it was literally one by one that I began to LOVE each song. The only songs I dont like still are Letting You Go and All I Want Is Everything.
- Fear... didnt mind it at first, but LOVE it to death now.
- Dirty Little Secret... NO IDEA why it took me so long to love this song. Its definately top 20 Jovi songs!
- Undivided... only realised its awesomeness over the past month :o
- Wild Is The Wind.... dunno why I didnt like this song the first time I heard it!
- Save The World... never gave it much chance until I listened to it properly early this year. LOVE IT!

For worse...
- Seat Next To You... I still enjoy it but I rarely listen to it.
- I Love This Town... same as above

LoveForSale 07-16-2009 08:58 PM

Only Lonley - The first time I heard it I thougt it was a really bad song. But after I heard a few more times I really enjoyed it.

These days - First it was a boring song but now I think it's one of their best songs ever made !

DevilsSon 07-16-2009 11:16 PM

Something to Believe In. I used to think it's just a failed atempt to sound smart. Now I find it ok. Some of the lyrics are still moronic, but I got to appreciate the instrumental and the actual vocals more. Good tune.

other than that, i can't think of anything.

DryCounty 07-16-2009 11:36 PM

Captain Crash - I just could'nt get that one from the begining. It sounded so wrong. Now I think it's one really cool (cool, not best) track and is one of the best tracks on Crush.

Always - Really hated it in the start. It was sucha low tempo timekiller. Nowdyas I think it's sucha amzing piece of music and the lyrics is mindblowing ! :)

KeepTheFaith2211 07-16-2009 11:36 PM

Seems like 'Always' had the same effect on others, too. :)

Crushgen24/88 07-17-2009 01:03 AM

Too many to list. Besides the absolute best stuff and the absolute worst stuff, my opinions on certain songs tend to shift somewhat often.

liljovi93 07-17-2009 01:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DryCounty (Post 930807)
Captain Crash - I just could'nt get that one from the begining. It sounded so wrong. Now I think it's one really cool (cool, not best) track and is one of the best tracks on Crush.

Always - Really hated it in the start. It was sucha low tempo timekiller. Nowdyas I think it's sucha amzing piece of music and the lyrics is mindblowing ! :)

Oh yes, Capt Crash.

I only started to really really like it when I was home from school a few months ago and put my iPod in, and played it on the highest volume. Great song.