Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   top of the pops (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=32079)

Jonny Sambora 09-25-2005 09:02 PM

Totp

The band are performing on tonights show..its just started!

PILLERSCOOBY 09-25-2005 09:22 PM

top of the pops

is / was jon singing live or mimming ?

he looked wrong when the music started and when he started to sing
it didnt sound live ether

Thomas Anderson 09-25-2005 09:23 PM

They weren't playing nor was Jon singing, and they edited the song to cut half the guitar solo out and also cut the last couple of lines too, but it is TOTP so I didn't expect much else.

PILLERSCOOBY 09-25-2005 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thomas Anderson
They weren't playing nor was Jon singing, and they edited the song to cut half the guitar solo out and also cut the last couple of lines too, but it is TOTP so I didn't expect much else.

brit tv for you lol

Ollie 09-25-2005 09:28 PM

Twas shite, they mimed and they cut out lots of the outro and most of the solo!

tis totp's choice tho not Jovi's so its noult ther fault...

twas entertainment tho...

jbjhand 09-25-2005 09:29 PM

shame

oh i wanted live nevermind he aint very good at miming is he!!! hehe

PILLERSCOOBY 09-25-2005 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbjhand
oh i wanted live nevermind he aint very good at miming is he!!! hehe

no i spoted it straight away im disapointed

Jonny Sambora 09-25-2005 09:31 PM

They performed everyday and IML live the last couple of times they have appeared on the show. So much for "heres the band that really play"!!

Kev 09-25-2005 09:32 PM

What did you expect? TOTP's policy is to mime. No artist sings live on TOTP. Everyone knew it was going to be mimed.

Javier 09-25-2005 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ollie
Twas shite, they mimed and they cut out lots of the outro and most of the solo!

tis totp's choice tho not Jovi's so its noult ther fault...

twas entertainment tho...

eeeeerrrrrrrr??
huh?

Jonny Sambora 09-25-2005 09:33 PM

So much for " heres the band that really play "!!

bjcrazycpa 09-25-2005 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kev
What did you expect? TOTP's policy is to mime. No artist sings live on TOTP. Everyone knew it was going to be mimed.

Yep, no one plays live, it's the TOTP's policy not the band's choice.

deb

Jonny Sambora 09-25-2005 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kev

They performed everyday and its my life live the last couple of times!

Captain Walrus 09-25-2005 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonny Sambora
So much for " heres the band that really play "!!

They'll mime when they have to, thats fair enough. Sometimes you gotta compromise

Javier 09-25-2005 09:35 PM

Real live bands are always shit when they mime. easy to spot.

PILLERSCOOBY 09-25-2005 09:35 PM

they did play live at one time i remeber the big deal over it all they said they would never go back to mimming i feel sorry for the people that went to see him live and didnt get the full show

Kev 09-25-2005 09:36 PM

Quote:

They performed everyday and its my life live the last couple of times!

No they didnt, They were mimed also. The only song from the Crush Era TOTP that was sung live was the acustic version of Livin' On A Prayer.

bjcrazycpa 09-25-2005 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Javier
Real live bands are always shit when they mime. easy to spot.

Yes, I think I'd be worried if they were actually good at lipsyncing.

deb

Kev 09-25-2005 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PILLERSCOOBY
they did play live at one time i remeber the big deal over it all they said they would never go back to mimming i feel sorry for the people that went to see him live and didnt get the full show

Well if they knew the background to TOTP, then they would of known they were not going to get a live 'show'.

Kev 09-25-2005 09:40 PM

And it was never advertised as a 'live show'. The audience attended the recording of a performance of one song. No more,. No less.

Thomas Anderson 09-25-2005 09:40 PM

You could tell how uncomfortable Jon was miming, and Tico looked a bit pissed about it lol

Captain Walrus 09-25-2005 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kev
No they didnt, They were mimed also. The only song from the Crush Era TOTP that was sung live was the acustic version of Livin' On A Prayer.

Did you see the TOTP performance of Everyday? The sound quality was absolutely shambolic. If it was mimed, then the sound technician needs to be shot, considering all he was doing was playing it back. I'm 99% positive it was live

PILLERSCOOBY 09-25-2005 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thomas Anderson
You could tell how uncomfortable Jon was miming, and Tico looked a bit pissed about it lol

yup jon didnt lok happy but at least there getting paid lol

PILLERSCOOBY 09-25-2005 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Walrus
Did you see the TOTP performance of Everyday? The sound quality was absolutely shambolic. If it was mimed, then the sound technician needs to be shot, considering all he was doing was playing it back. I'm 99% positive it was live

i will hvae to dig up my dvd i record most of bon jovi when thier on the tv

Krycek 09-25-2005 10:09 PM

Quote:

They performed everyday and IML live the last couple of times they have appeared on the show. So much for "heres the band that really play"!!

Completely different. They were proper mini Bon Jovi concerts they usually do where they record a bunch of songs so whatever the singles turn out to be, they don't have to come back again and again. This was an in-studio TOTP playback performance. I thought it was funny though how Jon and co. couldn't have been any less into it.

Phil

Jonny Sambora 09-25-2005 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kev

That was a TOTP bon jovi special when they mimed....when they were on the normal show they played live. I remember watching everyday and thinking how crap it sounded!

Dave 1986 09-26-2005 12:52 AM

Everyday WAS played live on TOTP in 2002.

skinrod 09-26-2005 12:53 AM

not everyone mimes on TOTP.
i was very disappointed in it. i knew straight away they weren't going to do it live when i noticed richie never had his double neck.

if you watched any more after jovi you would of seen KT Tunstall and Robbie Williams you could tell they were singing live.

bjcrazycpa 09-26-2005 06:07 AM

Posted by Lizasam at backstage:

I was there for most of the afternoon and actually got to MEET the band and have a conversation (albeit brief) with Richie and David.

Just to let you know, when an artist is on the actual LIVE SHOW on the night, then they HAVE to mime, there is just no time for anything else. TOTP had TWO tapings this afternoon. It has nothing to do with Jon being 'sick' though the guys are EXTREMELY EXTREMELY tired as you would expect, Richie and David were in hystericcs telling us how tired they are!! The only people who were livein the studio were Ricky Martin and Bon Jovi, the rest were all pre-recorded last week, including KT Tunstall, and as such they had time to set stuff up for a LIVE performance. Given the bands schedule, they only had time to do what they did today. The band weren't even in the studio when the camera angles were set up, it was done by the crew at TOTP (MIGHTY MUGHTY funny seeing the TOTP crew pretending to play Tico's drums and Richies guitar; I don't know if they were aware of how precious Richie's guitars are

PILLERSCOOBY 09-26-2005 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skinrod
not everyone mimes on TOTP.
i was very disappointed in it. i knew straight away they weren't going to do it live when i noticed richie never had his double neck.

if you watched any more after jovi you would of seen KT Tunstall and Robbie Williams you could tell they were singing live.

they wer mimming aswell you can tell when ther ment to b singing and ther not and how clear it when ther close or far away from the mic i recorded and watched it slow mo on my pc ther mouths dont match the words very well