Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   One wild night intro (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=38319)

TheseDays2005 02-02-2007 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Solid Sambora (Post 721863)
True, but if it was someone elses work, they would HAVE to credit it to avoid potential lawsuits!

YEP that's what I ment!

That is why I still think its a original created by Dave even though it sounds like something else

Captain Walrus 02-02-2007 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Solid Sambora (Post 721863)
True, but if it was someone elses work, they would HAVE to credit it to avoid potential lawsuits!

One would assume they'd have to include songwriting credits for the same reason

Wonder how they got around that one?

TheseDays2005 02-02-2007 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Walrus (Post 721866)
One would assume they'd have to include songwriting credits for the same reason

Wonder how they got around that one?

Why? if they 'own' the rights to those songs. They written themselves and any co-writer probably distance him/herself from those rights...

(not using someone else stuff, if it was for intro they HAD to specify, me thinks)

Captain_jovi 02-02-2007 07:28 PM

But for all we know, it COULD be credited to someone. Since the credits aren't really available to us, we don't know. The song writing credits wouldn't include the opening sample.

And anyways, I have definetely heard the sample in other places, I really don't think Dave wrote it.

Captain Walrus 02-03-2007 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheseDays2005 (Post 721867)
Why? if they 'own' the rights to those songs. They written themselves and any co-writer probably distance him/herself from those rights...

(not using someone else stuff, if it was for intro they HAD to specify, me thinks)

Co-writers probably distance themselves from those rights? What are you basing that on exactly?

RS8MB0R8 02-03-2007 02:51 PM

Since it is widely known that Jovi offer writing credit to people who happen to be in the room at the time of sorting lyrics out (even if they offer very little input themselves), it is highly unlikely that the credits for something as noteable as the cuban intro to OWN would be omitted.

Captain_jovi 02-03-2007 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RS8MB0R8 (Post 721998)
Since it is widely known that Jovi offer writing credit to people who happen to be in the room at the time of sorting lyrics out (even if they offer very little input themselves), it is highly unlikely that the credits for something as noteable as the cuban intro to OWN would be omitted.

Really? Interesting, do you have any examples?

Lord of the Jovi Realm 02-03-2007 06:13 PM

the tune is a public domain piece, it is caliope music of generic origin
there are plenty of examples of this type of thing in music through the ages
it's like "travelling music" or what would play whilst the organ grinders monkey danced

As to the actual recording, there is a good chance it was redone specifically for OWN, there are also sample libraries which are available to artists which are paid for once and contain a large variety of sounds, effects etc which may be used lisence and credit free by subscribers/owners.

Aerosmiths drummer released one of these collections of all drum tracks, samples etc a few years back.
P

Captain_jovi 02-03-2007 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord of the Jovi Realm (Post 722028)
it's like "travelling music" or what would play whilst the organ grinders monkey danced

As to the actual recording, there is a good chance it was redone specifically for OWN, there are also sample libraries which are available to artists which are paid for once and contain a large variety of sounds, effects etc which may be used lisence and credit free by subscribers/owners.

Aerosmiths drummer released one of these collections of all drum tracks, samples etc a few years back.
P

I should make recordings of the two other places I've heard it and compare. The one "Yes" used is slightly different and the other one is slightly harder to hear as there's talking over it. This does sound plausible though.

bjcrazycpa 02-03-2007 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord of the Jovi Realm (Post 722028)

P

Great info. to know. Thanks Dave.

deb