Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   New Bon Jovi Releases (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Ain't Done Yet - Unreleased Song (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70956)

Captain_jovi 09-10-2022 03:12 PM

Now that people can finally talk about these songs.....my gut and my heart say they are some of the 23 songs worked on in Nashville. Listen to this song and Let It Rain back to back, it has a big time live-off-the-floor feel.

jimmyjovi89 09-10-2022 03:18 PM

Definitely think these songs would of been the Japanese Bonus tracks if 2020 had been released back in April 2020

rolo_tomachi 09-10-2022 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1282581)
Now that people can finally talk about these songs.....my gut and my heart say they are some of the 23 songs worked on in Nashville. Listen to this song and Let It Rain back to back, it has a big time live-off-the-floor feel.

It probably is. The voice is so similar to those acoustic performances that Jon did in summer 2020, like Mr Brightside or those Christmas songs.

But there is something about the lyrics and the vibe of the song different from 2020 album. It feels more like a song free of social politics... feel something more spiritual. Maybe it would have been a good idea to have released an EP for the 2022 tour in the USA. It feels continuous with the current situation now that we are overcoming covid.

Kevs 09-10-2022 04:17 PM

Thank you for sharing this.

Lyrics feel THINFS but not the sound, its fresher

facaXe 09-10-2022 04:25 PM

man, i really want to hear "Chasing The Storm". it seems it had been uploaded and taken down shortly after. :(

Captain_jovi 09-10-2022 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1282583)
It probably is. The voice is so similar to those acoustic performances that Jon did in summer 2020, like Mr Brightside or those Christmas songs.

But there is something about the lyrics and the vibe of the song different from 2020 album. It feels more like a song free of social politics... feel something more spiritual. Maybe it would have been a good idea to have released an EP for the 2022 tour in the USA. It feels continuous with the current situation now that we are overcoming covid.

I think the fact that is devoid of the social politicis is a big reason why it didn't get any further than it did. I think his voice is the biggest giveaway this is post 2016, to me anyway.

blazeofglory 09-10-2022 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1282589)
I think the fact that is devoid of the social politicis is a big reason why it didn't get any further than it did. I think his voice is the biggest giveaway this is post 2016, to me anyway.

Yeah I agree - with both parts of this post. The fact that it isn’t political is probably why it didn’t make it onto the album in the end and his voice definitely places it in the 2020 era.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Captain_jovi 09-10-2022 05:22 PM

That and if this was part of the THINFS, you have that proper album AND the five or six bonus tracks AND what wound up on Burning Bridges, that's a lot of songs. I don't think this fits any of those vibes. I hear Let It Rain, I hear Brothers in Arms.

eddie73 09-10-2022 05:54 PM

Its bad, standard middle of the road plodding along jovi song .... I hear " Rich man living in a poor mans house "... Trying to be southside Jonny again! Doesn't excite me one bit

fanofrem 09-10-2022 06:06 PM

Ain't Done Yet - Unreleased Song

Guitar intro sounds like Stone’s song

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk