Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   New Bon Jovi Releases (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Ain't Done Yet - Unreleased Song (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70956)

Savvi 09-13-2022 02:51 AM

Thanks for sharing this. I appreciate it!

This is a classic post-2000 Jovi album track by the numbers. It's enjoyable, nothing mind-blowing, familiar formula, familiar solo. It should have been a non-single track on 2020. It aggravates me so much when they make choices like this! 2020 could've been improved so much with the track listing.

1. Limitless
  2. Beautiful Drug
  3. Story Of Love
  4. Let It Rain
  5. Lower The Flag
  6. Luv Can
  7. Ain't Done Yet
  8. Blood In The Water
  9. Shine
  10. Brothers In Arms

Do What You Can should have been a one-off release before/after the album, with proceeds going to some Covid charity or something. Included on the album as a bonus track.

Unbroken should have been a promo release soley dedicated to that thing it was written for/about (I forget and frankly don't care because I hate the song). Or written and used for the Invictus Games.

American Reckoning should have been the song that we got as a leaked unreleased song.

The album named should have been changed from 2020.

Alphavictim 09-13-2022 04:37 AM

Oh, let me also add: Thank you for getting this track out! Despite the not overtly catchy chorus, I really like the vibe it's got going.

Captain_jovi 09-13-2022 05:02 AM

I'll take the sound of five or sixe guys playing a meh-quality song over an overproduced shlock of a Limitless any day.

B.J. Always 09-13-2022 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1282642)
I'll take the sound of five or sixe guys playing a meh-quality song over an overproduced shlock of a Limitless any day.

Limitless was the only song I liked on 2020. Of course, life really wasn't limitless in 2020.

Maybe Jon thinks he ain't done yet, but that voice of his surely is. I've been listening to a lot of songs from the past lately. Sadly I had really forgotten how well Richie and Jon sounded together.

Captain_jovi 09-13-2022 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B.J. Always (Post 1282643)
Limitless was the only song I liked on 2020. Of course, life really wasn't limitless in 2020.

Maybe Jon thinks he ain't done yet, but that voice of his surely is. I've been listening to a lot of songs from the past lately. Sadly I had really forgotten how well Richie and Jon sounded together.

Limitless was the same box of words put into a different order we've been getting since 2000. I liked its uptempo energy but big of cringe on the lyrics. His voice may be done but I'd rather hear him sound as he is than processed to all hell.

GabrielC 09-13-2022 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1282642)

100% agree. Ain't Done Yet sounds like a band playing, Limitless is a robotic mess.

Captain_jovi 09-13-2022 06:24 PM

That's not to say that had this made the album we wouldn't have gotten a robotic mess buuuuut considering how live sounding Let it Rain, Blood in the Water and Brothers in Arms are, I wouldn't be surprised if the Nashville bed tracks had a different vibe/plan before more songs got written (pure speculation)

angelsambo 09-13-2022 09:06 PM

i like it it,it sounds like a real song...in the 90's it would have 80% more power
thanks for sharing!!!

Alphavictim 09-13-2022 11:19 PM

Chorus might be "won't apologize for the fire I've got left"?

Litneg 09-14-2022 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alphavictim (Post 1282654)
Chorus might be "won't apologize for the fire I've got left"?

Really couldn't understand that part lol