Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   New Bon Jovi Releases (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Ain't Done Yet - Unreleased Song (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70956)

liljovi93 09-10-2022 11:10 AM

Ain't Done Yet - Unreleased Song

https://youtu.be/QV0HnTtLBOY

Myself and a few other fans rallied together to get this song.

It got aired last night so thought I'd put it on my own channel too.

Enjoy.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

GabrielC 09-10-2022 11:43 AM

Once again, thanks for all the nice stuff you do for the fans!

About the song: cool song, sounds like the bonus songs from THINFS, reminds me of Touch of Grey

bonboy25 09-10-2022 11:52 AM

Out of curiosity, how did you get this song and do you have anymore, at the moment maybe just titles? Or is there plan to release more songs or?

That song gives me powerstation vibes. Bit of attitude. To me it makes sense that it's from THINFS but vocals make me think 2020 sessions.

rolo_tomachi 09-10-2022 12:23 PM

Cool song. It feels fresh on my ears. I love listening to new music., is magic.

facaXe 09-10-2022 12:35 PM

Is it true that there's another new song called "Chase in the Storm"?

nikos greece 09-10-2022 12:39 PM

what a great surprise..

Thank you!!!

jimmyjovi89 09-10-2022 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by facaXe (Post 1282575)
Is it true that there's another new song called "Chase in the Storm"?

It’s called Chasing the Storm

BonJovi100 09-10-2022 12:45 PM

Thank you very much! Very Petty & Springsteen vibe song

liljovi93 09-10-2022 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimmyjovi89 (Post 1282577)
It’s called Chasing the Storm

Yep, this.

Litneg 09-10-2022 02:39 PM

It's lyrics time!

Did anyone get that part from the chorus?

I Ain't Done Yet - JBJ.
Bon Jovi "2020" outtake.

Some days the road behind me
seems longer than the road ahead
The sun is setting, tomorrow is calling,
but I ain't done yet
It ain't fear, all my faith that drives me
what's in my heart is in my head
Hear my prayer let your angels guide me
I ain't done yet

You think you've seen it all, you ain't seen nothing
Hold on (¿)pot of gas(?) for the fire I've got left
You can try, but you won't deny me
I ain't done yet
So hold on tight to the tires above me
I've lived this life with no regrets
I still got some fire inside me
And I ain't done yet
I ain't done yet

Everyday is a new clock ticking
Another chance to start again
Every end is a new beginning
and I ain't done yet
So step aside the time ain’t waiting
I walk the wire without a net
We gotta make every step we're taking and I ain't done yet

Hold a (¿)pot of gas(?) for the fire I've got left
I ain't done yet
And I ain't done yet, I ain't done yet

I can't got that chip from my shoulder
Same pound beneath my chest
I little wiser, a little bit boarder
Bring it on, what's coming neeeeext? HA!

Some days the road behind me seems longer than the road ahead
The sun is setting, tomorrow is calling, but I ain't done yet

Hold a (¿)pot of gas(?) for the fire I've got left
I ain't done yet
And I ain't done yet, I ain't done yet

Captain_jovi 09-10-2022 03:12 PM

Now that people can finally talk about these songs.....my gut and my heart say they are some of the 23 songs worked on in Nashville. Listen to this song and Let It Rain back to back, it has a big time live-off-the-floor feel.

jimmyjovi89 09-10-2022 03:18 PM

Definitely think these songs would of been the Japanese Bonus tracks if 2020 had been released back in April 2020

rolo_tomachi 09-10-2022 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1282581)
Now that people can finally talk about these songs.....my gut and my heart say they are some of the 23 songs worked on in Nashville. Listen to this song and Let It Rain back to back, it has a big time live-off-the-floor feel.

It probably is. The voice is so similar to those acoustic performances that Jon did in summer 2020, like Mr Brightside or those Christmas songs.

But there is something about the lyrics and the vibe of the song different from 2020 album. It feels more like a song free of social politics... feel something more spiritual. Maybe it would have been a good idea to have released an EP for the 2022 tour in the USA. It feels continuous with the current situation now that we are overcoming covid.

Kevs 09-10-2022 04:17 PM

Thank you for sharing this.

Lyrics feel THINFS but not the sound, its fresher

facaXe 09-10-2022 04:25 PM

man, i really want to hear "Chasing The Storm". it seems it had been uploaded and taken down shortly after. :(

Captain_jovi 09-10-2022 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1282583)
It probably is. The voice is so similar to those acoustic performances that Jon did in summer 2020, like Mr Brightside or those Christmas songs.

But there is something about the lyrics and the vibe of the song different from 2020 album. It feels more like a song free of social politics... feel something more spiritual. Maybe it would have been a good idea to have released an EP for the 2022 tour in the USA. It feels continuous with the current situation now that we are overcoming covid.

I think the fact that is devoid of the social politicis is a big reason why it didn't get any further than it did. I think his voice is the biggest giveaway this is post 2016, to me anyway.

blazeofglory 09-10-2022 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1282589)
I think the fact that is devoid of the social politicis is a big reason why it didn't get any further than it did. I think his voice is the biggest giveaway this is post 2016, to me anyway.

Yeah I agree - with both parts of this post. The fact that it isn’t political is probably why it didn’t make it onto the album in the end and his voice definitely places it in the 2020 era.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Captain_jovi 09-10-2022 05:22 PM

That and if this was part of the THINFS, you have that proper album AND the five or six bonus tracks AND what wound up on Burning Bridges, that's a lot of songs. I don't think this fits any of those vibes. I hear Let It Rain, I hear Brothers in Arms.

eddie73 09-10-2022 05:54 PM

Its bad, standard middle of the road plodding along jovi song .... I hear " Rich man living in a poor mans house "... Trying to be southside Jonny again! Doesn't excite me one bit

fanofrem 09-10-2022 06:06 PM

Ain't Done Yet - Unreleased Song

Guitar intro sounds like Stone’s song

SuperBrad 09-10-2022 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eddie73 (Post 1282592)
Its bad, standard middle of the road plodding along jovi song .... I hear " Rich man living in a poor mans house "... Trying to be southside Jonny again! Doesn't excite me one bit

Yep agree ….. it does nothing for me ….. at least needs RS vocals and more synth.

jimmyjovi89 09-10-2022 10:57 PM

Does anyone actually have rare stuff to trade thesedays? Like anyone on the board have songs others of us haven’t heard?

BJFan2021 09-10-2022 11:02 PM

Great song! Really enjoyed it and his voice at that time has some charm to it imo. Very fun with these unreleased tunes

GabrielC 09-11-2022 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimmyjovi89 (Post 1282596)
Does anyone actually have rare stuff to trade thesedays? Like anyone on the board have songs others of us haven’t heard?

There are a few people with unreleased and unheard stuff.

Rdkopper 09-11-2022 03:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liljovi93 (Post 1282570)
https://youtu.be/QV0HnTtLBOY

Myself and a few other fans rallied together to get this song.

It got aired last night so thought I'd put it on my own channel too.

Enjoy.

Very cool. Thanks for posting.

Sent from my SM-A136U using Tapatalk

Rdkopper 09-11-2022 04:06 AM

After a couple of listens I don't mind it. I'd rather these type of songs verses Lower The Flag, American Reckoning, Unbroken, etc.

For an unfinished (I hope it's unfinished) bonus track, it works.

It's a very sex sells / jersey style song which is a good thing imo. Those vocals on the bridge though [emoji30] . That should be a dead giveaway when it was recorded.

jovifan85 09-11-2022 08:59 AM

Thank you, Liljovi93.

"Ain't done yet" is Ok. Better, than Unbroken, Do What you can.... Should have made the 2020 Album. Interesting you said on Twitter there are better songs than this you have heard!

Do the unreleased songs you heard renew your faith in Bon Jovi? Blood in the Water, and Luv Can, did for me. Obviously his voice his shot, but as the title of the song says he ain't done yet......I hope....

YOVANAfromPeru 09-11-2022 09:51 AM

Voice is kinda weird...
However nice lyric, but the rest is only okay...

rolo_tomachi 09-11-2022 12:53 PM

I'm probably the only one who could even enjoy a box set of post 2000 songs like this one.

It doesn't feel like a definitive polished version, so I take it as (demo?) outtake like "Hush" or "Welcome To The Good times" in the past. I'm just enjoying it a lot. In fact in my book, ADY is much better song than "Because We Can" or "Goodnight New York" for example.

Nige 09-11-2022 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1282607)
I'm probably the only one who could even enjoy a box set of post 2000 songs like this one.

It doesn't feel like a definitive polished version, so I take it as (demo?) outtake like "Hush" or "Welcome To The Good times" in the past. I'm just enjoying it a lot. In fact in my book, ADY is much better song than "Because We Can" or "Goodnight New York" for example.

I agree tbh - it's not an amazing song by any means, but it's decent enough and I get enjoyment from listening to it, much more than most of the songs on 2020.

Rdkopper 09-11-2022 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1282607)

You're not the only one... If this was the lead single off a new album (which I could see it being now a days) then I would be outraged but as a throw away bonus track, I could actually find pleasure in it.

I don't listen to music the same way i used to. It's very rare for me to listen to albums anymore from cover to cover. Or even just songs in order.

I'm a random shuffle guy. Kinda the way Bon Jovi radio works but with my collection that offers more.

I appreciate when songs like this come on in the shuffle. I even enjoy WAN songs now more than ever. That album is the book end to the classic Bon Jovi / Richie Sambora Era.

It's crazy to think we're less than 1 year away from Richie being out for 10 years.

Eveline 09-11-2022 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1282609)
It's crazy to think we're less than 1 year away from Richie being out for 10 years.

It *is* crazy. And how things have changed in that last decade too...

The new song isn't a great one, either lyrically or music wise but surely there are some who enjoy new stuff, even with Jon's grating voice in it. I can't enjoy that new quality, sorry.

Larg 09-11-2022 06:21 PM

Thanks a lot... Always enjoy new music from the band... The hits and the other, they made me love the band more and more since 1990... This is no Big Bang but it fresh and give smile... Hope to hear it one day with a better quality ;)

Supersonic 09-11-2022 07:15 PM

Aloha !

Ain't Done Yet is a rip off from another pop/rock song but, just like with Do What You Can, you'll only hear it once you hear the song they stole from.

The song sounds like Jon's trying to convince himself he's not done yet runs out of arguments by the time the second verse hits.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

rolo_tomachi 09-11-2022 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic (Post 1282615)
Aloha !

Ain't Done Yet is a rip off from another pop/rock song but, just like with Do What You Can, you'll only hear it once you hear the song they stole from.

The song sounds like Jon's trying to convince himself he's not done yet runs out of arguments by the time the second verse hits.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

What song is this? Very curious for ... who they have stolen this time.

bounce442 09-12-2022 06:19 AM

Thank you for sharing it!

BJFan99 09-12-2022 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1282619)
What song is this? Very curious for ... who they have stolen this time.

IMO it sounds very close to this song:

https://youtu.be/s5BJXwNeKsQ

fanofrem 09-12-2022 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BJFan99 (Post 1282626)
IMO it sounds very close to this song:

https://youtu.be/s5BJXwNeKsQ

I would say the guitar intro is from here

https://youtu.be/S1Vy5o-qOhM

rolo_tomachi 09-12-2022 02:37 PM

More than rip off... I only see small details, call it inspired by...

I think Seb is referring to another song.

Alphavictim 09-13-2022 12:15 AM

Rip off or not, are these just the What Do You Got / Do What You Can chords again? Still, I like the verses; nice upbeat vibe.

Chorus isn't terribly catchy, but a 1991 JBJ plus band would have made this a classic.

As with 90% of the band's more recent material, it sounds like really nice demos (which is why it works so well as unreleased material!), but hardly ever like a song that has reached its full potential.