Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Lost Highway is an AMAZING RECORD! (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=43635)

Crushgen24/88 11-30-2007 08:45 PM

This is such a stupid thread.
If somebody wants to sit on this board and bitch about LH, then you better be prepared to deal with people who like it as well.

pwnedshot117 11-30-2007 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crushgen24/88 (Post 789430)
This is such a stupid thread.
If somebody wants to sit on this board and bith about LH, then you better be prepared to deal with people who like it as well.

Indeed they shall. This thread is a turd.

JBJfan2007 11-30-2007 09:05 PM

It is a good record. Similar to Crush. I can say though, if you only like their music from These Days album and before-you will hate this. I enjoy it. With the exception of that stupid duet which gags me. we all need to post our opinions. If you do not like the album-don't read or post in this thread.

Alphavictim 11-30-2007 09:27 PM

Anxious that other people could complain more about new stuff by Bon Jovi than you, Seb? :P

bj54 11-30-2007 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by superjovi (Post 789348)
Everyone... It's not that damn bad!!! LH is a good album overall!!! Sure it sounds nothing like the Bon Jovi we all know and love, but it's only one album! The lyrics are great(maybe except for WGIGO), the songs sound good, and there are kickass songs like Strangers, Memory, Any Other Day, and Whole Lotta Leavin'.

So stop bitchin about it, listen to it one more time and I mean LISTEN. It is what they say it is: a Bon Jovi album w/ a country influence. Not a country album.

I agree with you. LH is a very good album with some great songs, maybe not their best, but all in all its something different. All the critics want to live in the past. Jon has said they are not a nostalgia band. They keep coming up with new stuff and keep evolving. UHHH, that's why they've been around for 20 years, DUH.

DevilsSon 12-01-2007 12:31 AM

I must say, I started this thread as a joke but it could have become a decent discussion wasn't it for certain people who either feel like insulting other people or who HAVE to bitch about the record although everybody got the point.

It is interesting to see why some people (some of them aren't backstagers) like this record because for somebody who has such a low opinion of it, it is sometimes impossible to understand why and how anyone can like it.

And as a suggestion for the mods, maybe you can delete the posts where I have behaved like a kindergarten kid and Supersonic like he usually does, since the whole thing doesn't add anything to the overall theme. Also, maybe we can have a forum called "Arena" where self-obsessed people like Supersonic can show the rest of the world how much "better" they are without randomly polluting a thread. Just a suggestion.

crimson_05 12-01-2007 06:47 AM

Maybe I should start a thread entitled "Lost Highway is a TERRIBLE RECORD!" where all those LH haters can complain all they like, and stop bitching about people bitching about their bitching?

Then again, this board would be barren indeed without a new "I hate Lost Highway" thread popping up each day...

Ferret 07-13-2008 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goldsausage II (Post 863524)
I'd like to think I've done my part sticking up for my mate Jack :cool:

No doubt I'll get banned for this though.

I hope they don't ban you.

(Just to stay on topic: I think Lost Highway is a good album and this thread is stupid...though to be fair it is very old :p )

DevilsSon 07-13-2008 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goldsausage II (Post 863520)
The repeated use of "bitching" is very disgusting I find. Moaning and complaining are other words that could be suitable for you to use.

Thank you.

Wow. Some people and their use and misuse of sarcasm. Was it neccessary to bring out a 7 month old thread just because you tried to act smart? Hmm. Makes one wonder.
In any case, my abuse of the word "bitching" was not insulting anyone personally, not to mention that it's an absolutely inoffensive word. But hey, you tried. Definitely a better attempt than most of the garbage you dump on these message board.

DevilsSon 07-13-2008 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goldsausage II (Post 863530)
Actually someone handed me the thread :rolleyes: And I don't try and act smart, I've got nothing to prove to anyone.

And aww, I wouldn't say it's a better attempt than my others :( This one was just me defending my fwend.

Ha? Someone handed you the thread to do what? To defend your friend? A thread was already there, it starts with Motley Crue I believe, and you could have defended your friend there, since you seem to think he lacks the balls to do it on his own.