Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   New Bon Jovi Releases (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   2020: The New Album (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70436)

liljovi93 04-23-2020 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thinny (Post 1263561)
Do What We Can sounded alright, definitely the better of the new songs so far. Prayer was tough, I used to love that acoustic version. Not really much else to say about it.

As for the Jon is looking ill comments, he really isn't. He looks healthy, he just looks his age. People forget that celebrities age too and when they are used to how he used to look, then see his current look for the first time it can be jarring. Jon has always looked younger than his age, but age catches up with people at different times. He just looks like a guy that's almost 60, which is exactly what he is. I think cutting the hair short would help, I'm not sure why he's insiting on keeping it long. Long grey hair never looks good.

I honestly think it's because of his hairline even though it doesn't look great right now anyway.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

jovifan93 04-23-2020 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonboy25 (Post 1263560)
So now the album has been delayed by a few months, I wonder where does that leave the singles? Itd be nice if we get a song release on may 15th (highly unlikely imo).
I was seriously looking forward to the album. Not cause I thought it was gonna be better than anything else since 2010s, but cause like the rest of us, I'm a big fan, and no matter what, I always listen to anything they put out. May never listen to it again, but I'll give it at least one shot. And with this crazyness going on in the world atm, it was going to be a nice reward. I'm quite gutted at the delay. Yeah I fully understand why it had to be done tho.

This. And no, I do not understand why. Sales? C'mon, let's be honest, it won't sell anyways. Tour? Yeah ok, but a record that's dealing with current topics, hell that even has the year as it's name, isn't supposed to be released at the end of the year or even next year. It just doesn't make any sense.

It would however have been great to have something to listen and hold on to in these trying times...

Alphavictim 04-23-2020 12:02 PM

Prayer doesn't sound anything like the studio recording, obviously. However, Jon doesn't sound like he has no business in that environment; the stripped down arrangement works with his voice and look. The arena pop/rock paycheck is probably tough to beat, but I still say that a rootsy bluesy record with a certain Mr Bluesman on guitar and backing vocals would be the most convincing thing at this point.

bonjovi90 04-23-2020 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alphavictim (Post 1263564)
Prayer doesn't sound anything like the studio recording, obviously. However, Jon doesn't sound like he has no business in that environment; the stripped down arrangement works with his voice and look. The arena pop/rock paycheck is probably tough to beat, but I still say that a rootsy bluesy record with a certain Mr Bluesman on guitar and backing vocals would be the most convincing thing at this point.

I agree, with some bluesy licks and Richie's backing, it could be decent and it'd take some weight off Jon vocally. Actually, that's the only thing I'd still be interested in seeing live from Jovi with Jon's voice as it is nowadays.

Faceman 04-23-2020 01:02 PM

After all those comments here I finally watched both songs.

With the performances from the Crush Tour in mind (which will soon be added to our touring website) it's absolutely horrible.

With the performances from the This House Is Not For Sale Tour in mind it was quite decent.

So I guess "better than expected" is the best rating Jon can get away with these days.

liljovi93 04-23-2020 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Faceman (Post 1263566)
After all those comments here I finally watched both songs.

With the performances from the Crush Tour in mind (which will soon be added to our touring website) it's absolutely horrible.

With the performances from the This House Is Not For Sale Tour in mind it was quite decent.

So I guess "better than expected" is the best rating Jon can get away with these days.

Spot on.

People just want to jump at those who think it's better or not as bad as recent stuff.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Rdkopper 04-23-2020 03:28 PM

Before everyone gets all excited, it's obvious that those vocals were ran through some type of note corrector filter or something.... That was not live by any means and more of a studio vocal.

It is great to know that that technology does exist though.

Now all Jon needs to do is find someone who can mask the rest of it with overproduction.

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

Captain_jovi 04-23-2020 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jovifan93 (Post 1263563)
This. And no, I do not understand why. Sales? C'mon, let's be honest, it won't sell anyways. Tour? Yeah ok, but a record that's dealing with current topics, hell that even has the year as it's name, isn't supposed to be released at the end of the year or even next year. It just doesn't make any sense.

It would however have been great to have something to listen and hold on to in these trying times...

You really don't understand why it was delayed? Really?

jovifan93 04-23-2020 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1263571)
You really don't understand why it was delayed? Really?

Yes! I don't care about that bullshit bundling albums with ticket sales to get a #1, which probably won't even work this time, because people are still shocked by the previous tour. I just want the f*cking album, and sales-wise, it wouldn't make a hell of a difference...

jovifan93 04-23-2020 04:35 PM

I could understand it, if the subject matter was dated already, because of the virus. But let's just assume it's partly about bashing Trump, that would still fit ;-) Don't know about the rest of the album, of course, and it's ok to delay it to add DWDC, but still...

Also I don't understand why Jon would've *had* to delay the album, just because David and Everret were affected by the virus. Either the album is done (= finished and mastered) or it isn't. If it isn't, then it's clear why. If it is, release it already. It's not getting fresher...