Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Other Bands (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Has anyone ever been to a gig at a House Of Blues venue? (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=48960)

Crushgen24/88 09-14-2009 09:01 PM

Has anyone ever been to a gig at a House Of Blues venue?

Especially the Showboat one in in Atlantic City? I've always tried to avoid HOB's because of how un-fan friendly they're known to be, but the closest All-American Rejects gig this fall is there, so I'm gonna have to suck it up. So can anyone either verify and or deny their reputation, especially when it comes to cameras (I've heard they not only don't allow cameras in, but confiscate any at the door, and will confiscate cell phones if they see you snapping photos with one.). I don't even care about pics of the show, but I'll be using my AARmy membership to go to the pre-show meet and greet party, and I would hate to not have a camera for that.

Panda 09-14-2009 10:51 PM

I was in Florida and saw David Wilcox at the House of Blues.... It was pretty cool, and I was 15 years old, and they allowed me in. There was a coat check, but I didn't see anyone getting stuff confiscated.

If your that unsure about your camera, put it in a zip-lock baggy and shove it down your pants. If someone sees you with it inside, say that you were aloud in with it.

brighton84 09-15-2009 01:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crushgen24/88 (Post 942266)
Especially the Showboat one in in Atlantic City? I've always tried to avoid HOB's because of how un-fan friendly they're known to be, but the closest All-American Rejects gig this fall is there, so I'm gonna have to suck it up. So can anyone either verify and or deny their reputation, especially when it comes to cameras (I've heard they not only don't allow cameras in, but confiscate any at the door, and will confiscate cell phones if they see you snapping photos with one.). I don't even care about pics of the show, but I'll be using my AARmy membership to go to the pre-show meet and greet party, and I would hate to not have a camera for that.

Saw Paul Stanley play HOB Atlantic City in 2006,cant remember them being too fussy with cameras,think they only searched bags.As soon as the first song was played the usual phones and cameras were up in the air....
The venue was awesome,no matter where you are in the room you can get a good view of the stage...Just be careful if you go out of season if it wasnt for the fact there was a hurricane outside when we walked home at four in the morning we may have been accosted by the locals..(Thats what the hotel staff told us).......

Crushgen24/88 09-19-2009 02:15 AM

Thanks for the input guys. Doesn't sound nearly as bad as I thought.

Emil 09-20-2009 11:54 PM

I've seen Billy Idol at the one on Sunset Boulevard in Hollywood, and it was a terrific venue. Very cool and atmospheric. Didn't experience any camera related problems either.