Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   The Official July 21 Piața Constituției, Bucharest, Romania Thread (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70608)

prayer_84 07-25-2019 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic (Post 1257722)
Aloha!So would you have never seen the YouTube videos you'd have thought this was a great show? That's like saying you enjoyed the movie in the theater but then after watching a cam recording saying it's shit. How does that make sense?

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

I went to the Bucharest show with as open a mind as possible because it was the only way for me to enjoy it despite all its flaws. Also, I had been aware of Jon's problematic vocals which started in mid-2013 and have since been going from bad to worse. What I failed to ascertain on site, however, was that in Bucharest Jon sounded at his worst compared to the entire European leg so far. That I understood later!
I kinda began to realize that when he dropped Bed of Roses ( I was 100% sure we were getting that song because they did play Amen and they always pair it with Roses) and then opened the encore with Prayer instead of I'll Be There For You. We were in for a Werchter 2 scenario, which is why the unplanned addition of Die For You and Twist & Shout after Prayer gave me a quantum of solace so to say. Although the second encore was a pleasant surprise for me (in spite of Jon's atrocious vocal delivery), I was taken aback by Jon's behavior throughout the night. He did not seem to be enjoying being there and barely addressed the crowd. When he did, he sounded anything but excited. Now I see that he did not treat the Klagenfurt audience the same way (and that circumstance has changed my initial mindset about the concert I attended). Just the opposite, in fact. What is more, his voice, or whatever is left of it, ranged from a tad better to surprisingly better in Klagenfurt as compared to Bucharest and I have no idea what happened between the two shows to justify his atrocious delivery on July 21. That is why, now I am the one who is pissed off. I am sick and tired of his mood changes, double standards, and unpredictable selective attitude towards the different crowds.
I hope that makes more sense now.

efpg0708 07-25-2019 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by james_d (Post 1257719)
Imagine Jon trying to sing Always now. I'm not sure what the best show vocally of the tour has been but I imagine it was something like Nijmegen. Obviously it was still ropey but compare it to now there is still an obvious difference.

The thing is, on the average, heÂ’s been declining. HeÂ’s been forcing himself a lot in order to make it through these shows, and itÂ’s taking a tool on his voice. This is a completely different situation when comparing it to the 2004-2006 period. Back then, he had to change his way of singing in order to reach higher notes, and he was able to achieve that mainly because he still had a good portion of his middle range and some of his upper range left. It seems that this time he has lost everything, he even sounds bad on his lower range. I see a lot of people saying that he needs a new vocal coach, but I donÂ’t think it would do him any good: itÂ’s the same as hiring the best marathon coach in the world for an athlete with a broken leg.

Pretty much everything before 2000 has always been high for Jon to sing live, but he managed to pull it off. Now, it’s completely out of his reach. I have no idea how he plans to keep going.

YOVANAfromPeru 07-25-2019 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by prayer_84 (Post 1257727)
I am sick and tired of his mood changes

Remember that He is a LEGEND; when you're a rockstar, you can do anything... lol

PanosBonJovi 07-25-2019 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thinny (Post 1257718)
I'm sure he has the best that money can buy, but they can only work with the tools that he has left - which isn't much...

Probably you are right, but recalling Axl Rose, he had a good transformation of his vocals recently if I’m not mistaken after reuniting with GNR and joining AC/DC for a short time

Thinny 07-25-2019 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PanosBonJovi (Post 1257732)
Probably you are right, but recalling Axl Rose, he had a good transformation of his vocals recently if I’m not mistaken after reuniting with GNR and joining AC/DC for a short time

Axl's voice was not in as bad a shape as Jon's. It almost sounded like he just got lazy, and he did put on a lot of weight too.

Tom_K 07-25-2019 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic (Post 1257722)
Aloha!So would you have never seen the YouTube videos you'd have thought this was a great show? That's like saying you enjoyed the movie in the theater but then after watching a cam recording saying it's shit. How does that make sense?

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

It makes sense. I was at the Klagenfurt concert and close to the stage a lot of the time the crowd's singing was louder than Jon so that you couldn't even hear his singing. I did hear he was off key mostly on parts where the crowd was quiet.

Watching the same songs later on YouTube, it was a totally different experience and not enjoyable at all.

So a loud crowd makes the concert better since you can't hear Jon sing. :D

BJFan99 07-25-2019 07:40 PM

I really don't understand what has happened to Jon's low/middle range since 2014-15. It was still very good (and unmistakably the voice of JBJ, whereas nowadays he doesn't even sound like himself at times) here:

https://youtu.be/X6Euz549eR0

hackster73 07-25-2019 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ticos_stick (Post 1257644)
If this happened in a karaoke bar the security would remove Jon from the premises.

https://youtu.be/2WJj47kzXi8

Dreadful performance and no idea why he choose to do it.. this sounds like a completely different person to Wembley, very sad.

LitaFord666 07-26-2019 02:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thinny (Post 1257733)
Axl's voice was not in as bad a shape as Jon's. It almost sounded like he just got lazy, and he did put on a lot of weight too.

That is not entirely correct. He had vocal issues while he was still in great shape and still looked like Axl Rose. His voice improved when his appaearence changed. Who knows, maybe there's a connection?

Skerwer 07-29-2019 11:34 PM

I want this again ... I'm so sad because they did not make the same magical night...

I'm still very curious what he thought about us..