Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Slippery When Wet: The Videos DVD (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=27824)

Dawn 10-17-2004 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by david2k86
I work in Morrisons in Barry, South Wales and I think that DVD was simply just a stroke of luck. It was the only one there and it was in a sale along with some other DVD's.

This DVD will keep me going until the band finally decide to re-issue their videography onto DVD (whenever that will be) and I will definately buy all of them. 8)

Ive got a big Morrisons near me , im going to go and have a look. thanks

Dawn

|| Panama || 10-18-2004 10:47 AM

i have it on vhs. think it was a quid- LOLOLOL!

only seen it twice- some bits are daft and not funny

Dave 1986 11-06-2004 03:33 PM

I've just seen it on Play.com for £5.99 so you won't have to look as hard for it. :lol:

Rob 11-07-2004 03:44 PM

Play.com rocks! How many videos are on the DVD? Bad Name, Prayer, Wanted, Never Say Goodbye, Wild In The Streets? Is it worth getting, because I've seen all five videos already?

Cowgirl77 11-07-2004 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob
Play.com rocks! How many videos are on the DVD? Bad Name, Prayer, Wanted, Never Say Goodbye, Wild In The Streets? Is it worth getting, because I've seen all five videos already?

It's def worth getting for all the in between bits (IMO)

Bleeding Purist 11-07-2004 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob

And a live performance of Living on a Prayer from the SWW tour that they let MTV use on the music video awards that year (despite popular misconception that it is an MTV Awards specific performance) If you haven't seen it.....it's not just another live performance of the thousands you have seen/heard by now. The live arrangement of the song was different from what it morphed into by the New Jersey tour with a different ending and you hear what the SWW tour did to Jon's voice. It also has a rawer/heavier sound.

~saz~ 11-08-2004 08:52 PM

I never knew that the LOAP live part was from the SWW tour. I really like that version

Thomas Anderson 11-08-2004 09:41 PM

I watched it through yesterday and hadn't seen the clips before, only watched the songs. The version I have is German I think (going my the menus) but after it finishes it keeps playing for 6 minutes with what appears to be a Spanish menu (I think)....looks like someone took that DVD and recorded it but left it going at the end and didn't bother editing.

Also the box smells like the blank boxes I bought for my DVDRs so I'm guessing it's not only unnoficial but unprofessional too, lol.

Rob 11-08-2004 11:00 PM

Cool. Looks like I'm off to play.com :D

~saz~ 11-09-2004 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thomas Anderson
The version I have is German I think (going my the menus) but after it finishes it keeps playing for 6 minutes with what appears to be a Spanish menu (I think)

I've noticed that too. When I first saw the Spanish menu, i got very confused.