Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Dear Jon... (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=49300)

jbjhand 10-25-2009 12:10 PM

Dear Jon...

Dear Jon,

Following Matt’s response to fan club members comments regarding the 02 pricing structure.

We are being asked to accept that neither the Fan club, Matt or yourself are responsible for the ticket prices. In that case could we please be told where to direct our comments?
( feel free to ignore the rest of this letter in that case)

How is it possible for you to refer to yourself as the CEO of Bon Jovi enterprises and then deny any responsibility for the prices charged to see your band?

Matt says he understands everyone wants to be close to the stage.
Can you try and understand how it will feel for the hardcore fans of Bon Jovi to be scattered and separated all over the 02 arena in the “cheap seats” ?

There are thousands of us who have followed the band all over the world for years, bumping into the same faces making friends and sharing a special experience together.
The prices being charged for this residency will destroy that experience for us.

Its not about being front row, its about having a good spot to watch the band, laugh together see special moments, watch Richie tear up the Dry county solo and have those wow moments. Matt’s comparison to being front row at a movie is laughable.

How do you think it will feel for those loyal fans in row Z at the 02 to look down in the pit and see a bunch of city bankers who wouldn’t know a Bon Jovi B side if it smacked them in the head?

How will you feel Jon when you look out and don’t recognize anyone in the first few rows? Will you care?

It feels personal to people and it hurts them. If I wanted to be in the front pit I would have to save all of my disposable income for about 6 months, most of us are just the same.

These people who have followed you all over the world, bought all of your albums more than once, waited out in the rain, bunked off school or work to catch a show driven for hundreds of miles across Europe or the U.S to see a Bon Jovi show.

Are we now bottom of your list, to be replaced by who ever has the most in their wallet.
We have never expected to come backstage and pick up Richies guitar or touch your mike stand, all we ever wanted was to pay a decent price and get a good spot.
Is that too much to ask or expect?

There is not a single one of us who wants to feel animosity to you or the band.
Personally it hurts me to feel this way, and I know I’m not the only one.

Matt talks about banning people from anything Bon Jovi related for complaining or being rude, with the possibility of legal action. If people are taking it too far and making threats then that’s different and not excusable in any way.

We all know you are a very rich man, but I don’t believe that you are detached from reality.

These prices are scandalous, even Michael Jackson wasn’t charging this much at the 02.
Making booking fees stand at 27% of the ticket price is inexcusable. Asking people to pay over one thousand pounds to stand in the front pit is insulting. If I bought one of those tickets I wouldn’t be able to eat or pay my rent for a month.

If Bon Jovi are not responsible for these decisions on pricing, please let us know who is so that we can make representations to them.

If Bon Jovi are responsible please accept that you have upset an awful lot of fans. Please reconsider these prices.

If as Matt says we are a family, please show us that you are not above making mistakes. We have always had the bands back.

RockThunder 10-25-2009 12:18 PM

Good post!
If the music and messages in the songs really mean something they should take action now

liljovi93 10-25-2009 12:20 PM

Good job.

Hopefully it will get through to them.

Hickstar 10-25-2009 12:35 PM

Good job. Hope it gets to him.

jovigirloz 10-25-2009 12:39 PM

Great post.. you nearly made me cry when I read it... you described "the feeling" so well.
Good luck :)

Irishshin 10-25-2009 12:45 PM

Excellent, really well written!

jess 10-25-2009 12:48 PM

Well done, so true for the comparaison with movies ... :s and about paying to touch Richie's guitar :s crazy ....
Now they're in trouble ! they said it first, we weren't born to follow ! :lol: Good fans we are, we heard the message :p

Rebellion !!! :onfire:

SemiGiovi 10-25-2009 12:48 PM

Oh my... what a fantastic post!! http://www.bonjovi.nl/forum/images/s.../eusa_clap.gif

It is exactly how I feel!

Yvonne 10-25-2009 12:54 PM

Gets my vote!!!! Couldn't have worded it better myself :)

yomamasofat 10-25-2009 12:58 PM

Wow, you are assuming they're gonna do Dry County. Watch it, they'll purposely not play that song.