Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   What happened to Bon Jovi in Sthlm last time? (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=24377)

Yun 04-05-2004 10:08 PM

What happened to Bon Jovi in Sthlm last time?

I´m new here. I love the early stuff, of course. On the later Britney Spears- stuff, I´m not so sure..

But what happened when Bon Jovi was going to play here in Sweden last time? I heard that he only got the stadium half full and that he was angry with the Swedish fans because of that... Maybe he should play Circus (capacity of 1500-2000) instead of Stockholms Stadion (up to 35000)?

Anyone got more facts about the incident? Love to hear.

/ Yun

RichieW2001 04-05-2004 10:10 PM

Re: What happened to Bon Jovi in Sthlm last time?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yun
I´m new here. I love the early stuff, of course. On the later Britney Spears- stuff, I´m not so sure..

But what happened when Bon Jovi was going to play here in Sweden last time? I heard that he only got the stadium half full and that he was angry with the Swedish fans because of that... Maybe he should play Circus (capacity of 1500-2000) instead of Stockholms Stadion (up to 35000)?

/ Yun

what you mean by 'last time'? sweden wasn't even scheduled for the bounce tour. if you mean 2001, swedish fans suck.

Samborastwelvestring 04-05-2004 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichieW2001
If you mean 2001, swedish fans suck.

Dont hide your feelings :lol:

Keeper 04-05-2004 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yun

/ Yun

Bon Jovi are a band. It's THEY :roll:

Sambo-Chris 04-05-2004 10:41 PM

As far as I know Jon never toured Sweden but only Germany, England and Austria so you don't know if HE would play in front of a half empty house in Sweden. Beside that HE didn't play in stadiums since he knows that HE wouldn't sell them out.

If you mean the band Bon Jovi, a venue for just 2.000 people isn't worth it for a band like BJ. They wouldn't earn anything and had way too high costs. They played one club show in 10 years in 2002 in England but this was for promotion, not a tour concert.

Freddie 04-06-2004 09:11 PM

Well, Jon was angry because they had choose Mel C to play at a BJ consert :? He said: "Do you think we are a pop band or what?"

Half full? No, there was 20000+ people in the middle of the week, people work, it was cold and´I almost missed the train home :x

Look at a springsteen consert here in Sweden. OMG.
Bruce love us.

Tico and David too:P

Jon Sucks :twisted:

BTW. It isn't so strange that people think BJ is a HE!!

Aidan 04-06-2004 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Freddie

Jon Sucks :twisted:

WHAT? :mad:

Iceman 04-06-2004 10:14 PM

Quote:

Half full? No, there was 20000+ people in the middle of the week, people work, it was cold and´I almost missed the train home :x

And the front row was still manned by the Finnish. And we were the only one partying to Homebound Train.

Ice

Freddie 04-06-2004 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iceman
Quote:

And the front row was still manned by the Finnish. And we were the only one partying to Homebound Train.

Ice

Tried to make the best of the situation :wink:

Yun 04-06-2004 11:13 PM

Yeah I guess it was 2001. I remember the commercials in every single newspaper here in Sweden. He tried to sell it for over half a year with big advertisments but still just 2/3 of the capacity showed up.

Hows that? He isn´t that popular in Sweden? I mean, Swedish musiclovers go and fill up every stadium Bruce Springsteen plays on.