Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Other Bands (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   The official Stereophonics topic (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=49103)

Dave 1986 01-20-2013 05:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steel_horse75 (Post 1101438)
Great band but totally lost their way with 3rd, 4 th and maybe 5 th albums.
Language and albums from then onwards are very good.
Seen them live and they are fantastic.

Yea JEEP and You Gotta Go There... were very lame, though the latter did grow on me eventually. L.S.V.O? came as such a relief to me. They got back on track and started rocking again.

VanJovi 01-21-2013 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neurotica80 (Post 1101433)
Loving their new song Indian Summer, fantastic lyrics, saw them live just last month and I reckon the albums going to a belter! Check it out, unlike a certain other song just released, you can see this easily being played acoustically.

http://youtu.be/qcguxHc4hiU

I have always loved Stereophonics and every time I see them live I like them even more. I saw them in December in the London Christmas show. I love the new song!!! Can't wait for the new album. :)

Neurotica80 01-21-2013 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VanJovi (Post 1101519)
I have always loved Stereophonics and every time I see them live I like them even more. I saw them in December in the London Christmas show. I love the new song!!! Can't wait for the new album. :)

How good were those intimate shows? Love how they don't forget the first two albums, was made up to hear plastic California from P&C. Indian summer was one of my highlights from the gig, think it could be a phonics classic.

Dave 1986 05-13-2015 07:36 PM

New single "C'est la Vie" is available on iTunes now. No, it's not a B*Witched cover.

Quite good. Sounds a lot like the Killers to me.

New album Keep the Village Alive out in September.

VanJovi 05-15-2015 02:51 PM

I heard it live at their Royal Albert Hall gig in February and it was really good.

They were amazing that day btw, including their special guests, as always, their gigs are always so good!

steel_horse75 05-15-2015 03:55 PM

Great live band. Seen them about 3 times.

New album out early Sept.

new vid

Walleris 09-23-2015 08:49 AM

So guys, what are you thoughts on the new album?

I'm very much a casual fan of this band, so my opinion may not be too valuable, but I really like it after 2 listens. White Lies is my favorite so far, with Sunny being a close second.

I like that it sounds fairly poppy, a bit similar to You Gotta Go There To Come Back, which I always loved despite it not being very liked among most fans. Though I do think that Graffiti On The Train had a bit more of an 'atmosphere' as an album; or maybe I just happened to listen to that one at the right time to hit it. So far I've only listened to Keep The Village Alive at work, so that hinders it a bit I guess. Still, a very good album so far for me!

Dave 1986 10-28-2017 11:55 PM

Scream Above The Sounds is out now. I’ve heard “All In One Night” and “Before Anyone Knew Our Name” but am yet to pick up the album. Anyone heard it yet?

liljovi93 11-02-2017 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave 1986 (Post 1230056)
Scream Above The Sounds is out now. I’ve heard “All In One Night” and “Before Anyone Knew Our Name” but am yet to pick up the album. Anyone heard it yet?

Yeah.

I like it but don't love it. Too many slow songs for my liking. Taken A Tumble is excellent but very similar to a couple of other songs on the last album.

Keep The Village Alive is a much better album but maybe this will grow on me.

Going to see them in concert in March. Can't wait.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

rolo_tomachi 11-03-2017 09:55 PM

Fav albums, Lenguage, Sex, Violence, Other Pull the Pill and Performance and Cocktels. Fav songs, oh, a lot songs. Rainbows and Pots of Gold, Jane, Maybe Tomorrow, Moviestar, Katman, Devil, Soldiers Make Good Targets, Drowning.........

Let Me In is absolute.