Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   New Bon Jovi Releases (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   2020: The New Album (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70436)

Dave88 02-12-2020 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1261469)
I'm quite surprised that everybody is so bent on the single coming on a Friday. For the past 15 years, each single had been played, streamed or dropped at some point before the release-Friday. THINFS was put onto Youtube etc. on a Friday in 2016, but got played on British radio two days prior I think. Born To Follow streamed on the band's site on Monday or Tuesday, Because We Can was played on American radio mid-week, HAND premiered on German radio on a Monday. What I'm saying is that it usually leaks or gets an exclusive preview deal somewhere before the Friday-release.

"New Music Friday" has been created in 2015, that's why.

rolo_tomachi 02-12-2020 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1261469)
I'm quite surprised that everybody is so bent on the single coming on a Friday. For the past 15 years, each single had been played, streamed or dropped at some point before the release-Friday. THINFS was put onto Youtube etc. on a Friday in 2016, but got played on British radio two days prior I think. Born To Follow streamed on the band's site on Monday or Tuesday, Because We Can was played on American radio mid-week, HAND premiered on German radio on a Monday. What I'm saying is that it usually leaks or gets an exclusive preview deal somewhere before the Friday-release.

Actually THINFS was played on BBC radio2 a day earlier (Augsut 11), but we already got a teaser 15 seconds four days before (Tuesday 9). Jon made a countdown with photos, therefore, we knew that single was going to be released that week. Also the tracklist of the album was filtered but without order.

Because We Can premiere was from streaming on the official BJ web site (January 7 /2013)

bonjovi90 02-12-2020 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1261472)
Actually THINFS was played on BBC radio2 a day earlier (Augsut 11), but we already got a teaser 15 seconds four days before (Tuesday 9). Jon made a countdown with photos, therefore, we knew that single was going to be released that week. Also the tracklist of the album was filtered but without order.

Because We Can premiere was from streaming on the official BJ web site (January 7 /2013)

Yep, that's what I meant. Like it was the case with BBC radio, there's often an exclusive deal with some radio station that plays it earlier or with WWWU, where Jon promoted it on Howard Stern and told him to play it in full. So I guess we'd be knowing about the upcoming single earlier than Friday. Be it either some teaser, snippet or a radio station announcing it.

Captain_jovi 02-12-2020 09:31 PM

It's not going to come out when this promo is still running and the fact that a full version was on the server means more and more is going to be released without vocals. There's zero reason to hope for it to come out until this promo is done and reaches it's peak.

james_d 02-12-2020 09:38 PM

Ngl the guy who entered the competition whilst doing bicep curls cracked me up

YOVANAfromPeru 02-12-2020 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1261470)
Maybe Jon actually hasn't recorded his own vocals yet and keeps waiting for "inspiration" from the fans? :mrgreen:

https://www.instagram.com/p/B8ZQwSCn_Cz/
If you read, it says:
"BEFORE YOU HEAR
HOW JON DID IT"
but I would'nt be surprised if they lie to us... right in our faces >_< jaja

angelsambo 02-13-2020 01:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOVANAfromPeru (Post 1261460)
PS Those videos are producing me nightmares... zzzzzz

HEAVY METAL

https://www.instagram.com/p/B8d2mIch...=13w6c9tg9oume

YOVANAfromPeru 02-13-2020 03:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by angelsambo (Post 1261484)

Well... actually that was the best video until now >_< jajajaja
So sweet dreams... I mean Jovi dreams >_< Jajajajaja or Ha Ha Ha! >_< jajajaja

captaincrash0815 02-13-2020 10:31 AM

https://www.swr.de/swr1/bw/musik/Bon...ation-100.html

Captain_jovi 02-13-2020 01:50 PM

End of Feb! Thanks!

steel_horse75 02-13-2020 02:53 PM

Ronan Keating (Boyzone twat) is also releasing an album called 2020.

Dave88 02-13-2020 04:39 PM

... and Richard Marx's new album, released last week, is called Limitless.

Jack27 02-13-2020 06:13 PM

Was it around this time last week Jon posted the competition video? I wonder if we'll hear something else shortly

candidomtz 02-13-2020 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack27 (Post 1261490)
Was it around this time last week Jon posted the competition video? I wonder if we'll hear something else shortly

Exactly one week ago

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

rolo_tomachi 02-14-2020 03:15 PM

This acoustic cover sound cool

Captain_jovi 02-14-2020 05:38 PM

Gotta say I'm REALLY impressed with this idea to get fans involved in how they think the song goes.

Savvi 02-14-2020 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1261502)
Gotta say I'm REALLY impressed with this idea to get fans involved in how they think the song goes.

I was thinking the same thing today. I haven't seen a stunt like this before from any other artist. This may be the first good social media idea from the Jovi camp.

rolo_tomachi 02-14-2020 07:55 PM

another pretty cover

This one, come up with the lyrics in the 1st verse... trying to predict the kind of lyrics that they would write given the title.

YOVANAfromPeru 02-14-2020 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1261501)
This acoustic cover sound cool
Limitless (New Bon Jovi song) - YouTube

Not to my taste, way too much horrendous Limitless's at the end.
I think the idea is very fun, 'cause the videos are entertaining; but I really hope JBJ comes and sings a proper vocals like the cool rock star sometimes he is.
And of course those videos of fans will go straight to the trash hihi.

JackieBlue 02-14-2020 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1261505)
another pretty cover
Bon Jovi - Limitless (NEW SONG 2020) / My prediction - YouTube

This one, come up with the lyrics in the 1st verse... trying to predict the kind of lyrics that they would write given the title.

That one's pretty decent. His lyrics aren't half-bad.

PanosBonJovi 02-15-2020 06:55 PM

Jon dyed his hair. Back to being blonde again.

https://www.facebook.com/thehowardst...xMTY3NTUzOTMz/

Anyway, really looking forward to the new album and to the 2020 tour. Hopefully it hits Europe next year and not in 2022.

pudge104 02-15-2020 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PanosBonJovi (Post 1261522)

Anyway, really looking forward to the new album and to the 2020 tour. Hopefully it hits Europe next year and not in 2022.

That was 2014.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Walleris 02-15-2020 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PanosBonJovi (Post 1261522)

Going to Europe only two years after the last time would be bad business. It was the oversaturation that diluted the demand for Bon Jovi in the 2000s, I don't think they will repeat the same mistake again. 2022 is the earliest possible date, I wouldn't mind it even later, to be honest.

BJFan99 02-16-2020 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Walleris (Post 1261524)
Going to Europe only two years after the last time would be bad business. It was the oversaturation that diluted the demand for Bon Jovi in the 2000s, I don't think they will repeat the same mistake again. 2022 is the earliest possible date, I wouldn't mind it even later, to be honest.

I don't think Jon will be able to get any voice out in 2022 anymore, judging by the progress of his vocal decline...

bonjovi90 02-16-2020 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Walleris (Post 1261524)

I can't see them being able to fill big stadiums in the next 1 or 2 years either. Even with the 6-year break, only half of the shows were selling out nicely and the other half wasn't. Now keep in mind that this band hasn't had proper radio exposure to the average Joe in the last decade, so they're not really in the public eye anymore and on top of that, they alienated quite a chunk of the crowd on the last tour with Jon's voice, so I'm not sure they'd be coming back either.

Walleris 02-16-2020 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1261530)
I can't see them being able to fill big stadiums in the next 1 or 2 years either. Even with the 6-year break, only half of the shows were selling out nicely and the other half wasn't. Now keep in mind that this band hasn't had proper radio exposure to the average Joe in the last decade, so they're not really in the public eye anymore and on top of that, they alienated quite a chunk of the crowd on the last tour with Jon's voice, so I'm not sure they'd be coming back either.

All of what you said here is true, but I didn't say if they take more years they will fill the stadiums like it's 2001 again or something. My point is that whatever is their drawing ability now, it will go down the more frequently they come to a specific market (in this case, Europe). 2023 or 2022 might be worse ticket-wise than in 2019, but it will certainly be better than coming back in 2021.

bonjovi90 02-16-2020 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Walleris (Post 1261531)
All of what you said here is true, but I didn't say if they take more years they will fill the stadiums like it's 2001 again or something. My point is that whatever is their drawing ability now, it will go down the more frequently they come to a specific market (in this case, Europe). 2023 or 2022 might be worse ticket-wise than in 2019, but it will certainly be better than coming back in 2021.

True. My point was that the strong ticket sales in some cities in 2019 (like Munich or London) actually camouflaged a bit of what their current drawing ability is due to their long abscence prior.

james_d 02-16-2020 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1261532)
True. My point was that the strong ticket sales in some cities in 2019 (like Munich or London) actually camouflaged a bit of what their current drawing ability is due to their long abscence prior.

I feel like if they want to come back any time soon it'll need to be arenas in most if not all areas. Nothing wrong with that, not many rock bands so stadia over here. Slipknot are way more relevant these days than BJ but they only do festivals and arenas, and they had an actual number 1 album last year.

Walleris 02-16-2020 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by james_d (Post 1261533)
I feel like if they want to come back any time soon it'll need to be arenas in most if not all areas. Nothing wrong with that, not many rock bands so stadia over here. Slipknot are way more relevant these days than BJ but they only do festivals and arenas, and they had an actual number 1 album last year.

What makes you say that? I disagree.

On Spotify, Bon Jovi currently has 15.5m monthly listeners, Slipnot has 7.1m and their number is a bit skewed by the fact that their new album you mentioned is only a few months old.

Additionally, I compared their google trends and, while Slipknot does seem to get more traction on their new releases, Bon Jovi seems to trend a bit higher.
https://trends.google.com/trends/exp...not,bon%20jovi

That's no knock on Slipknot, they are doing extremely well for the genre they're in. But Bon Jovi still occupies a larger piece of mainstream (due to their music being more suitable to masses), even if it's much lower than it used to be.

Rdkopper 02-16-2020 05:39 PM

If they want to regain that stadium touring status, 2 things (really 3 things) need to happen...

1. Richie needs to come back. Phil is a great guitar player but that's where it ends... Richie is a missing void. His overall presence is missing as the second face of the band but he's also the second voice that just completes the songs... Jon could get away with so much more vocally if Richie was there filling his gaps... Ditch Shanks, move Phil over, and bring back Richie... That would be awesome and they would actually look like a rock band again.

2. Jon needs to completely restructure their live shows and regain some of his vocals back. Every trick in the book is being used and it's very noticeable. Terrible set lists with flat songs, the songs are slowed down and Jon still sings behind them, the way he dodges notes with horribly pronounced wording. You're waiting for those little moments to happen and they are just not there anymore.

3. Jon should work on his look a little. As an entertainer who built his image for 30 plus years being a sex symbol, it's definitely hurting him. When you combine Jon looking like a homeless guy with the above two points, it definitely doesn't help things. It makes people think, what the hell happened to them? A guy who looks 70 pulling a 20 year old on stage during bed of roses is not coming across cute anymore either. He could go in the opposite direction and take 10 years off. He's still in great shape and his face isn't old... I feel like I'm looking at a 50 year old Jon, wearing a bad Halloween wig to look like he's 70.

I've actually spoken to multiple people who have attended shows and they all give that same feedback... They just shake their heads and give that nah look. It's not how they remember it and that is now their last show.

I remember complaining back in 2013 and I just recently watched San Jose with Phil. I almost passed out, Jon was so great even back then... but that was also 7 years ago. A lot has definitely changed.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Butters 02-16-2020 05:40 PM

I just listened to a couple of these fan videos of Limitless to get a sense of the song. Holy shit. This could be the worst song of all time. Those lyrics read like what somebody would write if they were trying to parody the worst elements of Bon Jovi.

rolo_tomachi 02-16-2020 05:59 PM

Today is the last day of the contest, so we can soon find out what the new single is like.

james_d 02-16-2020 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Walleris (Post 1261534)
What makes you say that? I disagree.

On Spotify, Bon Jovi currently has 15.5m monthly listeners, Slipnot has 7.1m and their number is a bit skewed by the fact that their new album you mentioned is only a few months old.

Additionally, I compared their google trends and, while Slipknot does seem to get more traction on their new releases, Bon Jovi seems to trend a bit higher.
https://trends.google.com/trends/exp...not,bon%20jovi

That's no knock on Slipknot, they are doing extremely well for the genre they're in. But Bon Jovi still occupies a larger piece of mainstream (due to their music being more suitable to masses), even if it's much lower than it used to be.

I guess I meant within the sphere of rock and metal, not pop culture as a whole. I always forget quite how much songs like Prayer still permeate culture. The reason I referenced Slipknot is that the music they release now is still widely acclaimed and relevant, however clearly not to the extent that it surpasses bands like BJ even now.

Jovi98 02-16-2020 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1261537)
Today is the last day of the contest, so we can soon find out what the new single is like.

Theoretically Limitless should come out at the end of this month.

TBoy 02-16-2020 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1261535)
If they want to regain that stadium touring status, 2 things (really 3 things) need to happen...

1. Richie needs to come back. Phil is a great guitar player but that's where it ends... Richie is a missing void. His overall presence is missing as the second face of the band but he's also the second voice that just completes the songs... Jon could get away with so much more vocally if Richie was there filling his gaps... Ditch Shanks, move Phil over, and bring back Richie... That would be awesome and they would actually look like a rock band again.

2. Jon needs to completely restructure their live shows and regain some of his vocals back. Every trick in the book is being used and it's very noticeable. Terrible set lists with flat songs, the songs are slowed down and Jon still sings behind them, the way he dodges notes with horribly pronounced wording. You're waiting for those little moments to happen and they are just not there anymore.

3. Jon should work on his look a little. As an entertainer who built his image for 30 plus years being a sex symbol, it's definitely hurting him. When you combine Jon looking like a homeless guy with the above two points, it definitely doesn't help things. It makes people think, what the hell happened to them? A guy who looks 70 pulling a 20 year old on stage during bed of roses is not coming across cute anymore either. He could go in the opposite direction and take 10 years off. He's still in great shape and his face isn't old... I feel like I'm looking at a 50 year old Jon, wearing a bad Halloween wig to look like he's 70.

I've actually spoken to multiple people who have attended shows and they all give that same feedback... They just shake their heads and give that nah look. It's not how they remember it and that is now their last show.

I remember complaining back in 2013 and I just recently watched San Jose with Phil. I almost passed out, Jon was so great even back then... but that was also 7 years ago. A lot has definitely changed.

Haven't logged in on the forum for ages, but now I have to.
Regarding points 2 and 3, guys, people do get older, people age, just accept it.

liljovi93 02-16-2020 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TBoy (Post 1261540)

Regarding points 2 and 3, guys, people do get older, people age, just accept it.

I agree with most of point 3 though. Mainly the 'Bed Of Roses' part. It's creepy, cringe and a bit disgusting. That's all down to how he looks now, though. He looks like a creepy old man but he won't stop that part of the song as it's probably the only reason he plays it now...

In regards to point 2. I mean, yeah, but none of that will change.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

nickolai 02-16-2020 08:54 PM

Is Jon’s voice beyond repair? This is the main sticking point here. You fix the voice you fix the problem. Can anyone with any knowledge ascertain for me if this is fixable with surgery?

bonjovi90 02-16-2020 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nickolai (Post 1261542)
Is Jon’s voice beyond repair? This is the main sticking point here. You fix the voice you fix the problem. Can anyone with any knowledge ascertain for me if this is fixable with surgery?

Yes, it is. You can see him going through hell up there since at least the mid of 2013 and if it was something he could've gotten fixed, he'd probably have done it by now.
In fact, there are theories floating around here that he had something (similar to Paul Stanley) done to his pipes in late 2016 (after the promo shows) that ****ed it up even more because his overall tone has been very unnatural ever since they went on tour in early 2017.

Roll 02-16-2020 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nickolai (Post 1261542)

To be honest I don't get how the vocal issue is still discussed these days. Jon's voice 's been on the downside for 15 years now. Back in 2005 it was barely noticeable (in my non expert opinion) but as a fan used to watching live shows you saw the flaws. But Jon's looked in such pain while singing (for beyond poor results) over the last 5 years that I can't believe there's something to do to to fix that he wouldn't have tried.

Rdkopper 02-16-2020 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TBoy (Post 1261540)

Poison, Motley Cruel, Def Leppard, Guns N Roses, Aerosmith, Metallica have all aged as rock stars and most have lost something vocally but still somehow managed to keep it real.