Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   What lyric shows up in two different songs? (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70554)

Supersonic 05-13-2019 06:36 PM

What lyric shows up in two different songs?

Aloha !

While having a really intelligent discussion with Erik (the one with a k) about the repetitiveness of Bon Jovi lyrics I found out a lyric shows up in two different songs. I'm not talking about a phrase as in "live my life" but an exact sentence.

Which one is it?

No, Erik, it's not Love Is a Four Letter Word.

When I was in Japan I was really happy I found a CD single of I Believe I thought I still "needed." I came home and found out I already had a copy.

It's for the first person capable of answering this question.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Captain_jovi 05-13-2019 06:43 PM

If we're' talking same album "Been around the block a time or two" was in both Love Me Back To Life and All About Loving You.

And:

Now the sky, it shines a different kind of blue - Hard Letting You Go
When I look into your eyes, The sky's a different blue - Thank You For Loving Me
In your eyes the sky's a different blue - Ugly

Dave 1986 05-13-2019 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1252824)
If we're' talking same album "Been around the block a time or two" was in both Love Me Back To Life and All About Loving You.

...and “Open All Night”, also from Bounce.

Supersonic 05-13-2019 06:52 PM

Aloha !

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1252824)

And:

Now the sky, it shines a different kind of blue - Hard Letting You Go
When I look into your eyes, The sky's a different blue - Thank You For Loving Me
In your eyes the sky's a different blue - Ugly

Been around the block doesn't show up in Love Me Back To Life. But it does in Open All Night. In Open All Night however it's "that block". See? It's a different block he's talking about. :D

As for the sky being blue; I'm not talking about phrases or sayings here. It's an actual sentence showing up in 2 completely different songs sung in a different way. :)

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Dave 1986 05-13-2019 06:59 PM

You were to be queen and I'd be your king”?

Silent Night (7800° Fahrenheit)
Diamond Ring (These Days)

YOVANAfromPeru 05-13-2019 07:02 PM

Are you Idiot?
Shot Through The Heart

same and Bad Name

I don't want your CD, thanks!

Supersonic 05-13-2019 07:21 PM

Aloha !

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave 1986 (Post 1252827)
You were to be queen and I'd be your king”?

Silent Night (7800° Fahrenheit)
Diamond Ring (These Days)

No, not right. The queen and king line doesn't show up in the exact same way. I'm talking an exact same sentence. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOVANAfromPeru (Post 1252828)
Are you Idiot?
Shot Through The Heart

same and Bad Name

I don't want your CD, thanks!

No, they are not idiot. And you're not getting the CD either, Shot through the Heart is a saying or a phrase. Maybe you are idiot?

There's no need to turn this into something nasty.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Captain_jovi 05-13-2019 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic (Post 1252826)
Aloha !

Been around the block doesn't show up in Love Me Back To Life. But it does in Open All Night. In Open All Night however it's "that block". See? It's a different block he's talking about. :D

As for the sky being blue; I'm not talking about phrases or sayings here. It's an actual sentence showing up in 2 completely different songs sung in a different way. :)

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Ahh thanks. Total brain fart haha.

Dave 1986 05-13-2019 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic (Post 1252831)
No, not right. The queen and king line doesn't show up in the exact same way. I'm talking an exact same sentence. :)

I knew they weren’t exactly the same. I was clutching at straws there. [emoji4]

YOVANAfromPeru 05-13-2019 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic (Post 1252831)
Maybe you are idiot?

HAHAHAH, exactly!!!
Can I be banned for life now, PLEASE!!!

Captain_jovi 05-13-2019 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOVANAfromPeru (Post 1252834)
HAHAHAH, exactly!!!
Can I be banned for life now, PLEASE!!!

You're on the right track. Stop being annoying.

YOVANAfromPeru 05-13-2019 07:59 PM

jajajaj
I'm done!

Dave 1986 05-13-2019 09:28 PM

Might be too obvious but “So ya wanna be a cowboy” from “Ride Cowboy Ride” and “Stick to Your Guns”?

I know the former is kind of an intro/prelude to the latter but it’s the best I can do right now after being awake since 5:30am and lot digging out every single set of song lyrics. [emoji20]

Supersonic 05-13-2019 09:55 PM

Aloha !

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave 1986 (Post 1252838)
Might be too obvious but “So ya wanna be a cowboy” from “Ride Cowboy Ride” and “Stick to Your Guns”?

I know the former is kind of an intro/prelude to the latter but it’s the best I can do right now after being awake since 5:30am and lot digging out every single set of song lyrics. [emoji20]

Nope, not that one either! It's one that I think is so very obvious once it's pointed out to you. You can literally copy and paste the sentence. :)

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Dave 1986 05-13-2019 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic (Post 1252839)
Aloha !

Nope, not that one either! It's one that I think is so very obvious once it's pointed out to you. You can literally copy and paste the sentence. :)

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

:mad:

"...all the good shit's gone" from "SDIBSN" and "Hey God"?

bonjovi90 05-13-2019 11:34 PM

Are we talking about regular albums or is stuff from the Box Set/B-Sides involved?

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 5X mit Tapatalk

JackieBlue 05-14-2019 06:00 AM

I've seen a million faces. (Wanted and Burning Bridges)

A penny for your thoughts, now, baby. (Full Moon High and Miracle)

bounce442 05-14-2019 07:35 AM

Here are a couple that always stood out to me:

"Spit in the eye of a hurricane" is in both Love is the Only Rule and Never Say Die

"It's just because the words got in the way" Janie and Wedding Day

jovifan93 05-14-2019 10:07 AM

"Last night I had a dream" is the first line of Amen an Let It Rain, though I'm not sure the latter counts ;-)

steel_horse75 05-14-2019 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic (Post 1252823)
Aloha !

While having a really intelligent discussion with Erik (the one with a k) about the repetitiveness of Bon Jovi lyrics I found out a lyric shows up in two different songs. I'm not talking about a phrase as in "live my life" but an exact sentence.

Which one is it?

No, Erik, it's not Love Is a Four Letter Word.

When I was in Japan I was really happy I found a CD single of I Believe I thought I still "needed." I came home and found out I already had a copy.

It's for the first person capable of answering this question.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

These five words I swear to you......Ill be there for you and thank you for loving me (yuk!)

Supersonic 05-14-2019 02:03 PM

Aloha !

Quote:

Originally Posted by bounce442 (Post 1252845)
Here are a couple that always stood out to me:

"Spit in the eye of a hurricane" is in both Love is the Only Rule and Never Say Die

"It's just because the words got in the way" Janie and Wedding Day

It's "spit into the eye" in Never Say Day while it's "spit in the eye" in Love's The Only Rule.

The same goes for your second example. One has "'cause". The other has "because".

Subtle differences but different nonetheless. :D

Quote:

Are we talking about regular albums or is stuff from the Box Set/B-Sides involved?
Anything from official releases. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by steel_horse75 (Post 1252848)
These five words I swear to you......Ill be there for you and thank you for loving me (yuk!)

Nope. I'm talking exact sentences. Not similar phrases.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

phoenixy 05-14-2019 04:23 PM

Well, I know which two songs now.
"In the eye of a hurricane" helped me, but I want others to keep guessing. :)
Edit: But I'm not giving you too much time, let's say 5 more hours.

jovifan93 05-14-2019 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phoenixy (Post 1252853)

That clue doesn't help me.

But what about my Amen/Let It Rain one? Seb?

phoenixy 05-14-2019 05:54 PM

:D:mad:
Quote:

Originally Posted by jovifan93 (Post 1252854)
That clue doesn't help me.

But what about my Amen/Let It Rain one? Seb?

Well,shit... I just realised, that the google search tricked me, the two lyrics aren't exactly identical.

Dave 1986 05-14-2019 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phoenixy (Post 1252853)

Is “When We Were Us” one of the songs?
Along with “Love’s the Only Rule”?

WWWU doesn’t have the word ‘spit’ though.

bonjovi90 05-14-2019 08:45 PM

It'd be interesting if covers (on official releases) and solo tracks count. If that's the case, then Amen/Let It Rain would definitely be one correct answer. The latter was officially released as well.

Thierry 05-14-2019 08:54 PM

What about official releases and own live? This is Seb and I know him well enough this might be tong in cheek.

Captain Walrus 05-14-2019 08:56 PM

I mean, both Open All Night and These Arms Are Open All Night both have "these arms are open all night", but I feel that's too obvious ...

bonjovi90 05-14-2019 09:26 PM

Don't have Nothing and Ain't No Cure For Love both that line with "when push comes to shove"? Can't listen to them now, but there might be a word different there as well.

Captain_jovi 05-14-2019 09:34 PM

Nothing is "when push comes to shove", Ain't No Cure is "when the pushing comes to shove" so that disqualifies it I guess.

phoenixy 05-14-2019 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave 1986 (Post 1252857)
Is “When We Were Us” one of the songs?
Along with “Love’s the Only Rule”?

WWWU doesn’t have the word ‘spit’ though.

First I thought about that one, but then I saw the "climbing mountains" part, and I thought "ahh, this is a returning theme for Bon Jovi", and I copy-pasted that part and Google gave me back "We all fall down", but it was "fake" lol. Google fooled me...

Anyway there are just so many possibilites (e.g. "I'm going down, down, down" from Two Story Town or Out of Bounds), but probably we should look for a longer sentence...

bonjovi90 05-14-2019 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phoenixy (Post 1252867)
First I thought about that one, but then I saw the "climbing mountains" part, and I thought "ahh, this is a returning theme for Bon Jovi", and I copy-pasted that part and Google gave me back "We all fall down", but it was "fake" lol. Google fooled me...

Anyway there are just so many possibilites (e.g. "I'm going down, down, down" from Two Story Town or Out of Bounds), but probably we should look for a longer sentence...

Same theme with "get up of your knees" in Born To Follow and What About Now or "live while I'm alive" in Its My Life and I Don't Wanna Live Forever.
Maybe there isn't a definite answer and Seb only wants us to take the lyrics apart in order to realize how often Bon Jovi recycle their own lines [emoji23]

jovifan93 05-14-2019 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1252869)
Same theme with "get up of your knees" in Born To Follow and What About Now or "live while I'm alive" in Its My Life and I Don't Wanna Live Forever.
Maybe there isn't a definite answer and Seb only wants us to take the lyrics apart in order to realize how often Bon Jovi recycle their own lines [emoji23]

Probably. But I'm still waiting on an answer from him before I try something different ;-)

phoenixy 05-14-2019 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1252869)

Haha.
Another similar theme could be "You can't win, if you don't know how to lose". :)
...And "we're still worth the fight" is in I Believe and This is Love, This is Life too, or if we look at "worth the fight", Next 100 years can join too. :D

bonjovi90 05-14-2019 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phoenixy (Post 1252871)
Haha.

Another similar theme could be "You can't win, if you don't know how to lose". :)

...And "we're still worth the fight" is in I Believe and This is Love, This is Life too, or if we look at "worth the fight", Next 100 years can join too. :D

That's Just Older and These Open Arms right? That might very well be it :)

james_d 05-14-2019 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1252872)
That's Just Older and These Open Arms right? That might very well be it :)

I thought just older was 'if you're not afraid to lose?'. I'm probably wrong but just a thought

Captain_jovi 05-14-2019 11:31 PM

Naw you are right.

eddie73 05-15-2019 10:24 PM

The obvious one is " shot through the heart " isn't it . Song of same name and "bad name" . Both first lyric as well 👍

Alphavictim 05-15-2019 10:49 PM

Is it "I don't know where it's going, but I know it's coming from"? Although I think it's worded slightly differently each time around.

DestinationJovi 05-16-2019 12:43 AM

Why isn't Erik with a k commenting?

While I think it's absolutely 1000% possible considering how repetitive Jon is, it is also not lost on me that Seb is who started this which means it could very well be a wind up.