Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   BJ's debut album (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=25554)

StoneDeaf 05-29-2004 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Bluesman
should remember that this was out before the 'big' albums. It was a time where they were still trying to find the right sound for the band.

They had their sound well figured out. those so called big albums just turned them into goddamn cheesy radio-play-act :(

only thing lacking is the production. same goes for fahrenheit. NJ & SWW were all cheese soundwise.

Keeper 05-29-2004 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StoneDeaf
Quote:

should remember that this was out before the 'big' albums. It was a time where they were still trying to find the right sound for the band.

They had their sound well figured out. those so called big albums just turned them into goddamn cheesy radio-play-act :(

How do you know it wasn't the other way around? The logical thing is they were really young and they could do nothing but evolve.

allmike 05-29-2004 05:36 PM

Not bat at all. I like to hear it sometimes, but doesn't hear it as much as some other albums though. :)

Donna 05-29-2004 05:47 PM

I really love it and play it quite often.

StoneDeaf 05-29-2004 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keeper
Quote:

Originally Posted by StoneDeaf
Quote:

How do you know it wasn't the other way around? The logical thing is they were really young and they could do nothing but evolve.

Cheesiness came with producer. I'm not sure if "they" evolved or not.

BJEveryday 05-29-2004 07:48 PM

I love that album very much,everytime I play it which is quite often I get in a great mood,songs like Shot through the heart & Come Back makes me want to dance and just feeling happy :D

Teemu 05-29-2004 08:17 PM

The album is simply fantastic. Too bad that it doesn't get much attention on the setlists :(

Teemu

Captain Walrus 05-29-2004 08:56 PM

Some very nice guitar work, pretty good songs: Runaway, Roulette, Shot Thru The Heart and Come Back being the best. Bit of a problem in the production, and very very limited in scope... pretty much a by the numbers, straight ahead rock album. I like it, but I would say that it competes with Crush for worst studio album. But then, its when they were just getting established, so thats perfectly acceptable

Keep On Rockin'

Twister 05-30-2004 06:04 AM

Definately it's a good album... but average, compared with other BJ albums.... 7800 is quite better!!!!

Quote:

thanks so what is SWW?
OK, k:

First of all, welcome to Jovitalk!!!!

NJ->New Jersey
KTF->Keep the faith
TD->These days

LOAP->Livin' on a prayer
LYHOM->Lay your hands on me
IML->It's my life

and it's all over....

IMO->in my opinion
lol->this means laugh
asap->as soon as possible

There are some more like these, but I don't remember all... I don't know what LMFAO means

Twister 05-30-2004 06:07 AM

Definately it's a good album... but average, compared with other BJ albums.... 7800 is quite better!!!!

Quote:

thanks so what is SWW?
OK, k:

First of all, welcome to Jovitalk!!!!

NJ->New Jersey
KTF->Keep the faith
TD->These days

LOAP->Livin' on a prayer
LYHOM->Lay your hands on me
IML->It's my life

and it's all over....

IMO->in my opinion
lol->this means laugh
asap->as soon as possible

There are some more like these, but I don't remember all... I don't know what LMFAO means