Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   The Moment with Brian Koppelman Apple Podcast with Jon (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70180)

Becky 01-10-2018 12:38 AM

The Moment with Brian Koppelman Apple Podcast with Jon

Jon did a great interview today on this podcast—not as guarded as he used to be, covered a lot of topics with a lot of focus on history and writing. It clears up some misconceptions that have been going around. One moment that struck me was when he found out Jani Lane has died and his genuine reaction to it. I always thought Jani was very underrated as a writer and singer.

For a link look up Brian Koppelman on Twitter. I couldn’t copy a link from the podcast.

bonjovi90 01-10-2018 12:47 AM

http://podbay.fm/show/814550071/e/15...00?autostart=1

Becky 01-10-2018 12:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1232336)

I’m glad someone knows how to link this stuff! My computer died about a year ago and using a phone as my computer is not my strength!

Rdkopper 01-10-2018 02:08 AM

In summary - The first 60 minutes is Behind The Music along with his usual THINFS rant.

The last 5 are:

- Jon and his son are distributing their own wine.
- A couple new songs to accompany the 30 day tour starting in March
- Songs are cut and mixed - no mention of a release date
- Jon changed his mind about a stadium summer tour
- No more long tours... (In my opinion - Jon will tour twice a year from now until the end, 30 dates at a time... Maybe a short future summer tour to go with a new album)

Walleris 01-10-2018 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1232344)
In summary - The first 60 minutes is Behind The Music along with his usual THINFS rant.

The last 5 are:

- No more long tours... (In my opinion - Jon will tour twice a year from now until the end, 30 dates at a time... Maybe a short future summer tour to go with a new album)

Does this refer to those two new songs or a new album that is separate from those two tracks?

SuperBrad 01-10-2018 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Walleris (Post 1232348)
Does this refer to those two new songs or a new album that is separate from those two tracks?

The 2 new songs ;)

SuperBrad 01-10-2018 09:06 AM

What an awesome interview !!! So so good .

liljovi93 01-10-2018 09:15 AM

Fantastic interview.

Jon seems so humble lately and I love it. You can tell that everything has took it's toll on him but he still comes across happy yet also unhappy. Does that make sense?

It was interesting to hear how much he didn't really like the Asia tour in 2015. I thought that was maybe the time where he got back into it all but obviously not.

Love him or hate him but Shanks genuinely does make Jon happy. He's obviously happy that Shanks is on tour with him and it makes you wonder if he'd have gone back out on the road if Shanks couldn't do it.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

BJFan99 01-10-2018 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1232344)

The last 5 are:

So, no more stadium shows? There goes the European tour then... f***! I had thought I'd possibly be able to see the band one last time in Finland, but no. Thanks a lot, Jonny.

I've never felt this devastated about this band before.

Thierry 01-10-2018 09:50 AM

I think it’s a great decision. They won’t be able to sell out big stadiums anymore. Time to play indoor venues, we have a lot of indoor venues in Europe as well.