Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   New Bon Jovi Releases (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Bon Jovi "Fan Album": Burning Bridges- Out 21 Aug (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=69140)

Becky 08-15-2015 11:54 PM

I'm not suggesting it will be a hit. I don't think it will even be a single. I'm just saying that there hasn't be a "feel good" song like this for me in a long time. That last song that made me "feel good" in this way was "We've Got It Going On" and that didn't strike me as immediately or as strongly as this one has. Like I can seriously see myself driving home from work blasting Burning Bridges!

JackieBlue 08-16-2015 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Becky (Post 1191983)
I'm not suggesting it will be a hit. I don't think it will even be a single. I'm just saying that there hasn't be a "feel good" song like this for me in a long time. That last song that made me "feel good" in this way was "We've Got It Going On" and that didn't strike me as immediately or as strongly as this one has. Like I can seriously see myself driving home from work blasting Burning Bridges!

I agree, Becky. I've played the hell out of just the sample. You can't help but grin at the FU attitude!! Especially the way he takes it up another notch with the tag lines at the end of each verse. Kinda reminds me of "And if you're lookin' for a happy ending, we're gonna hit the hook one more time!" in TMTC.

I can't wait to hear the whole song! All of them, in fact. I haven't been disapointed with a single snippet.

Becky 08-16-2015 12:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JackieBlue (Post 1191984)
I agree, Becky.

Worth quoting. LOL :) Just having some fun!

Old Joysey 08-16-2015 01:05 AM

RickStand asked Matt a series of questions re/the song BB (about Richie? the record company? Richie's departure having to do with the endof the contract? etc)
https://twitter.com/RickStand/with_replies
and:

RickStand ‏@RickStand
@TheMattBongiovi Maybe the reason Jon hired Miracle Manager, Irving Azoff?

Matthew Bongiovi ‏@TheMattBongiovi
@RickStand you sound like a reporter and you couldn't be more off from fact

JackieBlue 08-16-2015 02:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Joysey (Post 1191988)
RickStand asked Matt a series of questions re/the song BB (about Richie? the record company? Richie's departure having to do with the endof the contract? etc)
https://twitter.com/RickStand/with_replies
and:

RickStand ‏@RickStand
@TheMattBongiovi Maybe the reason Jon hired Miracle Manager, Irving Azoff?

Matthew Bongiovi ‏@TheMattBongiovi
@RickStand you sound like a reporter and you couldn't be more off from fact

WELL! I guess he told me... er, RickStand, huh? :rofl: That's hilarious! Gotta go check out the other tweets!

So I wonder who RickStand is? Gotta be someone here! C'mon Ricky-whoever-you-are, fess up now! :)

You can PM me if you prefer to keep it a secret! ;)

JackieBlue 08-16-2015 02:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Becky (Post 1191986)
Worth quoting. LOL :) Just having some fun!

'Tis true! Yet another red letter day! :)

Jovimimi 08-16-2015 03:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bounce7800 (Post 1191886)
UK:
Friday 21st August

AFX - Orphaned Deejay Selek 2006-2008 EP
Bars & Melody – 143
The Bohicas - The Making Of
Bon Jovi - Burning Bridges
Buckcherry – Rock 'N' Roll
Disturbed - Immortalized
The Fratellis – Eyes Wide Tongue Tied
Jess Glynne – I Cry When I Laugh
Jordin Sparks – Right Here Right Now
Natalie Imbruglia – Male
Obie Trice – The Hangover
Rend Collective - As Family We Go
Spector – Moth Boys
The Strypes – Little Victories
Wallis Bird – Yeah!: Seven Years Of Wallis Bird Live 2007-2014
Wilco – Star Wars

not sure it's everywhere but Rob Thomas album The Great Unknown is out on august 21st too

ezearis 08-16-2015 04:59 AM

Quote:

I've been playing the preview all day! Hope that friday comes fast.

steel_horse75 08-16-2015 01:13 PM

Quote:

I'm not suggesting it will be a hit.

Bon jovi haven't had a hit since Its My Life

Rdkopper 08-16-2015 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alphavictim (Post 1191982)
No way I'll pay 20€ for a barebones release, though.

Really? I'm not sure what 20€ translates to but it's a $11.88 in the US. That's nothing for crying out loud. That's a dollar a song.

Maybe I'm just old school but if you are a fan of something, support it. It's just a character move. I've purchased every major release since the beginning. There is no better sound then that original FLAC CD IMO.

Some people play golf, others collect stamps, Bon Jovi is my hobby. And a fairly inexpensive one to say the least thanks to the internet. Burning Bridges insinuates that they just got dropped from their label most likely due to declining sales and you're still going to say F it, I'll just download it for free!

(It baffles me how a band who sold 150M albums could ever get dropped but I think this could be a good thing too. They haven't had that proper label support in years. But it all starts with the fans.)

If you are a fan of something, support it. Show the label that Bon Jovi still has some relevance and serious fan support.