Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   New Bon Jovi Releases (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Bon Jovi "Fan Album": Burning Bridges- Out 21 Aug (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=69140)

Old Joysey 07-23-2015 11:43 PM

The Oh Shucks! Shanks Show is in full swing now! :lol:

Chris Robb ‏@cornonthecrobb1 6 h

@johnshanks1. Can you tell us anything more about Burning Bridges.. Is there a global release... Which albums are the old songs from etc

John Shanks ‏@johnshanks1 5 h

@cornonthecrobb1 they are all new songs..sat was a song we just never finiished,though we started it with ritchie.ok everyone?all new songs

NewJersey ‏@BonJoviGirl99 1 h

@johnshanks1 @cornonthecrobb1 hard to trust a guy who can't spell the name of a guy he has worked with for quite a long time correctly

------------------------------------------

First it was "Bobjovi nation" and now it's "ritchie"! I concur with @BonJoviGirl99

It's my faith 07-23-2015 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Joysey (Post 1190211)
John Shanks ‏@johnshanks1 5 h

@cornonthecrobb1 they are all new songs..sat was a song we just never finiished,though we started it with ritchie.ok everyone?all new songs

Which song is SAT?

Becky 07-23-2015 11:49 PM

I have sheet music where Richie's name is spelled "Ritchie" so I've always wondered why--you would think music that has the names taken from the publishing rights would spell his name appropriately.

Old Joysey 07-23-2015 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by It's my faith (Post 1190212)
Which song is SAT?

Are you kidding??? It's the weekend song or the Sat./Sun. song or Sunday Morning or SNGMSM, we still don't know what to call it.

Old Joysey 07-23-2015 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Becky (Post 1190213)
I have sheet music where Richie's name is spelled "Ritchie" so I've always wondered why--you would think music that has the names taken from the publishing rights would spell his name appropriately.

If it's LEGAL sheet music the names are Richard Sambora and John Bongiovi.

Johny 07-23-2015 11:54 PM

So it's either Jon or John who doesn't know what the album contains. :)

Becky 07-24-2015 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Joysey (Post 1190215)
If it's LEGAL sheet music the names are Richard Sambora and John Bongiovi.

It's legal sheet music (sold at a major music instrument store--not some CD shop) and it says Jon Bon Jovi and Ritchie Sambora. I always found it curious.

Rdkopper 07-24-2015 12:18 AM

Anyone think that the studio version of Reunion actually has instruments and production behind it? And Jon's just providing us with an acoustic rendition?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Rdkopper 07-24-2015 12:20 AM

I really dont think Shanks knows everything and is careful not to give concrete answers.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Old Joysey 07-24-2015 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Becky (Post 1190217)
It's legal sheet music (sold at a major music instrument store--not some CD shop) and it says Jon Bon Jovi and Ritchie Sambora. I always found it curious.

I know this stuff exist but I stand my ground: it's illegal. It's not because it's sold in stores that it's legal. The real name of the songwriters has to be on the music sheet, i.e. the one known by the IRS and the Administration in general. Jon never had his name changed legally so he's John Bongiovi for the State and "Jon Bon Jovi" is only his stage name.