Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   New Bon Jovi Releases (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Bon Jovi "Fan Album": Burning Bridges- Out 21 Aug (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=69140)

Bounce7800 07-22-2015 12:43 PM

It's a shame to not have Phil X doing the solos given that he would no doubt be the one playing them on tour.

ezearis 07-22-2015 02:31 PM

"Burning Bridges will be released in vinyl, CD and as a digital download."

http://www.som-direto.com/news/bon-j...-21-de-agosto/

Old Joysey 07-22-2015 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by newikov (Post 1189973)
Just checked the Shanks' twitter. He didn't answer the question about being producer for BB and the new album

His "jep" was the answer to "@dewilvb @DadoRockWhirirk yes, we'll never get another TD, is this the track with @johnshanks1 on guitar.......?"

Oops! Yes, my bad. Shows you how much I don't know how social media outlets work, that's why I put the link to the source.

Shanks confirmed it with 2 two tweets a couple of hours ago: ALL NEW SONGS, no re-recording of old songs or outtakes. I'm lost! Jon and Shanks should rehearse their stories before they tell them, one says "old songs", one says "new songs" and we say "WTF???"
PS: so... a new song with Richie?

Quote:

John Shanks ‏@johnshanks1

@SandraP__ wow thanks,get ready a lot more to come..call radio and request!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bobjovi nation has that power.
Bobjovi nation? What? Bobby B. has been made an official member of the band and he's so important that Jon even changed the name of the band?! :lol: I'm so happy for Bobby, it was about time!

ezearis 07-22-2015 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Joysey (Post 1190001)
Shanks confirmed it with 2 two tweets a couple of hours ago: NEW SONGS, no re-recording of old songs or outtakes. I'm lost! Jon and Shanks should rehearse their stories before they tell them, one says "old songs", one says "new songs" and we say "WTF???"

As I said on the other thread, I think that what they meant is that the songs were wrote a time ago, but recorded for this album.

Old Joysey 07-22-2015 03:10 PM

No, Shanks made it even more confusing, read the other tweets, someone askedhim a detailed and precise question. (too complicated to copy&paste the conversation)

ezearis 07-22-2015 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Joysey (Post 1190004)
No, Shanks made it even more confusing, read the other tweets, someone askedhim a detailed and precise question. (too complicated to copy&paste the conversation)

To me sounds like he's saying that they're not demos or outtakes but recorded for Burning Bridges. Not that they're new in the sense that they were written for this album.

Still, I asked him just in case.

Old Joysey 07-22-2015 03:23 PM

To me, the last "new!!!" (with three !!! to insist on the point) in your screenshot shows he means brand new songs, not old songs (demos and outtakes as mentioned in the first post) recorded or re-recorded in 2015, he said no to "all newly recorded".

Raz0r 07-22-2015 03:30 PM

Is it going to be released in the US? I'm not seeing it for pre-order on Amazon US yet.

ezearis 07-22-2015 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Joysey (Post 1190008)
To me, the last "new!!!" (with three !!! to insist on the point) in your screenshot shows he means brand new songs, not old songs (demos and outtakes as mentioned in the first post) recorded or re-recorded in 2015, he said no to "all newly recorded".

Maybe most of the new songs are newly written and recorded and SNGMSM was a draft JBJ wrote with RS and Shanks finished it?

What I'm 100% sure is that the songs were recorded for this album.

Old Joysey 07-22-2015 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ezearis (Post 1190011)
Maybe most of the new songs are newly written and recorded and SNGMSM was a draft JBJ wrote with RS and Shanks finished it?

What I'm 100% sure is that the songs were recorded for this album.

I can buy your theory. The 2 Jo(h)ns are making it very confusing,is it part of the buzz?