Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   New Bon Jovi Releases (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Bon Jovi "Fan Album": Burning Bridges- Out 21 Aug (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=69140)

ezearis 07-22-2015 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Joysey (Post 1190015)
I can buy your theory. The 2 Jo(h)ns are making it very confusing,is it part of the buzz?

Maybe. But maybe Jon came with a bunch of songs to Shanks "let's make this work", and he honestly thinks they're new songs because has no idea.

I also think that Jon is being cautelous and wants to test the waters.

Captain_jovi 07-22-2015 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ezearis (Post 1190023)
Maybe. But maybe Jon came with a bunch of songs to Shanks "let's make this work", and he honestly thinks they're new songs because has no idea.

Interesting theory. My issue would be Shanks would have been present for the demo recordings of 95% of the original recordings due to how they demo but it's possible he's forgotten about them with the amount of songs he co-writes or produces. We won't really know until we see the song titles.

Old Joysey 07-22-2015 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ezearis (Post 1190023)

Yep, could be that too, who knows at this point?

BTW, ask Shanks about the number of tracks too. We'resaying 8 because a fan said he was told that number outside the RT gig but has anybody seen the info elsewhere?

JerseyGiant 07-22-2015 04:39 PM

Of course its all speculation at the moment but I really do think this is just something to "flog" while they do the "mini" tour, Jon probably does not give 2 shits about the record.... Which is a shame because I like the two tracks we have heard. Shame the title and record "Burning Bridges" isn't a good by to the shanks era, before the new record... Is there any video evidence of Jon actually referring to this "fan" album? Or perhaps its to do with this new management?

rolo_tomachi 07-22-2015 04:57 PM

Oh, John Shanks on guitars, all songs..... I hope no include 'Nothing' in this one. :?

Rdkopper 07-22-2015 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JerseyGiant (Post 1190030)
Of course its all speculation at the moment but I really do think this is just something to "flog" while they do the "mini" tour, Jon probably does not give 2 shits about the record.... Which is a shame because I like the two tracks we have heard. Shame the title and record "Burning Bridges" isn't a good by to the shanks era, before the new record... Is there any video evidence of Jon actually referring to this "fan" album? Or perhaps its to do with this new management?

I love how it goes from Jon stating that it's a "Commitment Album" to Jon "not giving a Shit about the album"... Jon speaking very monotone and very matter of fact doesn't mean that he doesn't give a shit. People wanted to know why his is releasing an extended EP and he gave a direct answer.

If people are reading Jon and he seems off, it could be for a number of reasons....Maybe Jon wanted to fill the album with total Shit and record company came back and said, "No! Give us two good singles or were not honoring your 20 Million contract". Maybe that's why Jon seems uninterested with the album and promo. Or maybe the opposite! Maybe Jon had bigger plans for this release and the Record Co denied him of it. I could see this initially being one of those Load / Reload type of deals. Didn't he say that he had 25 songs at one point?

rolo_tomachi 07-22-2015 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1190035)
I love how it goes from Jon stating that it's a "Commitment Album" to Jon "not giving a Shit about the album"... Jon speaking very monotone and very matter of fact doesn't mean that he doesn't give a shit. People wanted to know why his is releasing an extended EP and he gave a direct answer.

If people are reading Jon and he seems off, it could be for a number of reasons....Maybe Jon wanted to fill the album with total Shit and record company came back and said, "No! Give us two good singles or were not honoring your 20 Million contract". Maybe that's why Jon seems uninterested with the album and promo. Or maybe the opposite! Maybe Jon had bigger plans for this release and the Record Co denied him of it. I could see this initially being one of those Load / Reload type of deals. Didn't he say that he had 25 songs at one point?

Yeah, maybe Jon had a bigger project for fans and the record company piss on it. So only 8 songs, and Jon not happy with it.

Old Joysey 07-22-2015 05:17 PM

Quote:

I love how it goes from Jon stating that it's a "Commitment Album" to Jon "not giving a Shit about the album"...

+ 1. So far we've found only ONE comment re/BB and, as I wrote, it is what the fan felt when Jon spoke, she didn't say, "Jon said he couldn't care less about BB" or something along that line.

JerseyGiant 07-22-2015 05:29 PM

I quote the first words in my post "Of course its all speculation"

ezearis 07-22-2015 05:30 PM

Quote:

Relax, I tried to be funny. I'm editing the post.

Still, considering there's no tour, it's a commitment album, and that he kept on talking about the 2016 record, I think that that phrase isn't so far of the truth.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JerseyGiant (Post 1190030)
Is there any video evidence of Jon actually referring to this "fan" album? Or perhaps its to do with this new management?

No, that term came directly from UMG and Island Records.