Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Happy Birthday to The Circle! (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70440)

polevka 11-20-2018 03:34 PM

It's the album that brought us Love's the Only Rule, so I'm quite glad about it. Except for this song I haven't listened to any of my other (early) favorites in a long time. On the other hand I've started to enjoy Fast Cars.

Missed the tour but have seen the video of Thorn in my side with Jon and Richie ending on guitars. Nice version.

Zakatar 11-25-2018 11:44 PM

I honestly love this album. When I first became a fan, The Circle was their most recent album. Superman Tonight is my favorite from the album, with Fast Cars in a close second. It's the only BJ album that I continue to listen to as a whole, as most of their other albums have terrible pacing, even of many of the songs are better.

bjcrazycpa 11-26-2018 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zakatar (Post 1247842)
I honestly love this album. When I first became a fan, The Circle was their most recent album. Superman Tonight is my favorite from the album, with Fast Cars in a close second. It's the only BJ album that I continue to listen to as a whole, as most of their other albums have terrible pacing, even of many of the songs are better.

I remember you and I were probably the only two fans of Fast Cars. As far as The Circle, I actually find myself liking it more than I initially did when it was released. Big fan of Happy Now, Brokenpromiseland, Bullet, and Superman Tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kathleen 11-26-2018 01:25 AM

I have been a fan of The Circle since it first came out. Considering what came out after - I am more of a fan than ever. Though Burning Bridges gets an honorable mention.

faith1985 11-26-2018 02:45 PM

It was released during a very difficult time in my life and so it has a special meaning for me. Happy Now and LITOR are mean a lot to me.

Fredrik 11-26-2018 08:01 PM

I can still appreciate about almost half the album and songs I actually still listen to. The other half is skipped but I definitely regard this album as their last good one and the last real Bon Jovi album. It was also the last tour I ever saw them live and I'm perfectly happy with it staying that way.

Jeeper 11-27-2018 07:24 PM

Some good songs, some fillers.

I still hate the video to Superman Tonight.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

GabrielC 11-28-2018 02:41 AM

Real last great album, with some mediocre songs in it.

Still sad they didn't make a proper video for Superman Tonight, the song deserved better.

† ÀžžÀ † 11-28-2018 01:08 PM

Their last real good effort. The last album where they actually felt like a band and you didn't have to second guess who was playing what (if at all).

Captain_jovi 11-28-2018 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by † ÀžžÀ † (Post 1248186)
Their last real good effort. The last album where they actually felt like a band and you didn't have to second guess who was playing what (if at all).

Shanks has confirmed he's played on it and having a better idea now what his playing style and tone is like I think I can hear him. But it's less obvious about it.