Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Other Bands (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   The Darkness. (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=15934)

Donna 08-26-2003 04:55 PM

The Darkness.

Any "The Darkness" fans here? Has anyone seen them live?

(apart from Tom, who hates them!lol)

RichieW2001 08-26-2003 07:49 PM

they're alright recorded but apprently very sloppy live. the mix is supposed to be poor and the guitar work a bit sketchy.

bjqueenfan 08-26-2003 08:27 PM

hey yeah i recently heard thing called love by the darkness....love the video its hilarious!!! my sis bought their album and says its good...gr8 guitar work according 2 her lol

i love the red dwarf theme 4 the spaceship in the vid lmao

RichieW2001 08-26-2003 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjqueenfan
hey yeah i recently heard thing called love by the darkness....love the video its hilarious!!! my sis bought their album and says its good...gr8 guitar work according 2 her lol

i love the red dwarf theme 4 the spaceship in the vid lmao

i was referring to live.

Jim Bon Jovi 08-27-2003 12:40 AM

the darkness r the best band to come out of the UK in the past few years.

once u actually get past the idea that they're having a laugh (as opposed to mcrock and kev's hero's whpo actually still do wear spandex in all seriousness) they're a great band.

fun songs, good musicians and a great album and they can pull it off live. not very easy to make 2 guitars , a bass and drumkit sound bad when ur a pro sound engineer and the darkness r no exception.

Neurotica80 08-27-2003 12:03 PM

The Darkness fan here. Iv got tickets to see them in December, ive heard they put on a really good, fun show. Love their new video, think im gonna get the album. Has anyone else got the album??

Kev Bee 08-27-2003 01:32 PM

I saw them supporting Def Leppard in February and i am really excitied about this band, they are gonna be huge!!!!

I think that its good to have a band that have fun with their music, when you have bands like coldplay and radiohead who have pretty dark music they provide variety

Don't get me wrong i love Coldplay and Radiohead.

Donna 08-27-2003 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neurotica80
The Darkness fan here. Iv got tickets to see them in December, ive heard they put on a really good, fun show. Love their new video, think im gonna get the album. Has anyone else got the album??

Yes, I have the album and it rocks!! I really like the new single "A thing called love" and also the one previous to that, "Growing on me".
I am not surprised that the first single flopped with a title called "get your hands off of my woman you mother f*cker"!!! lol

Their video's are great yeah, real tounge in cheek c*ck rock stuff!

Fabulous!!

Jim Bon Jovi 08-27-2003 03:10 PM

yeah the albums great. not got it yet but my mate has and it was on non stop all the time we were in blackpool.

Neurotica80 08-27-2003 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donna
I am not surprised that the first single flopped with a title called "get your hands off of my woman you mother f*cker"!!! lol

Fabulous!!

Lol very subtle. Will get the album b4 i see them I think.