Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Other Bands (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Darkness better then jovi.. (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=22016)

JoviUsedToRock 01-23-2004 10:15 PM

Darkness better then jovi..

this isn't made to offend abybody but as this is a message board i'm gonna say how i feel.. i really think that the darkness are better then what jovi are bringing out thses days. i think the the old jovi stuff is better then darkness but the new stuff is alor worse. if they had carried on making proper rock music and not gone pop then i wouldnt be saying this. but at the mo darkness are kicking they arses.

Thierry 01-23-2004 10:16 PM

Re: Darkness better then jovi..

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoviUsedToRock
this isn't made to offend abybody but as this is a message board i'm gonna say how i feel.. i really think that the darkness are better then what jovi are bringing out thses days. i think the the old jovi stuff is better then darkness but the new stuff is alor worse. if they had carried on making proper rock music and not gone pop then i wouldnt be saying this. but at the mo darkness are kicking they arses.

Loser...

bob 01-23-2004 10:18 PM

the darkness is a fake-band with an ugly singer, who sounds as a man who is kicked in his balls.

RichieW2001 01-23-2004 10:19 PM

Quote:

to enable a comparison, the bands actually have to be in the same genre and the same league. bon jovi are way out of the darkness' league for the moment, as well as massively different in musical style.

but, an opinion is an opinion. the darkness are falvour of the month at the moment. i'm waiting for a sufficiently differentiated second album or i think they'll dive.

JoviUsedToRock 01-23-2004 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bob
the darkness is a fake-band with an ugly singer, who sounds as a man who is kicked in his balls.

fake band?? haha and bon jovi aren't? what has being ugly got to do with it, oh so he hasn't got fake gleaming teeth like mr jovi. maybe he actually likes making music :roll:

RichieW2001 01-23-2004 10:24 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by bob

fake band?? haha and bon jovi aren't? what has being ugly got to do with it, oh so he hasn't got fake gleaming teeth like mr jovi. maybe he actually likes making music :roll:

and jon bon jovi doesn't?! you sound like an immature little boy incapable of any rational thought. you are unable to back up any of the points you make with a valid argument and every post you make makes me feel more sorry for your poor brain.

Kathleen 01-23-2004 10:25 PM

Quote:

if they had carried on making proper rock music and not gone pop then i wouldnt be saying this.

As someone else said a few days ago Bon Jovi has always had a pop side - even "back in the good old days :roll: " Example - Born to Be My Baby, Never Say goodbye - these are not heavy metal rockin songs. Geeze - this band is not as big a traitor to it's past as some would like to think.

Kathleen

bob 01-23-2004 10:27 PM

first of all I didnīt say which band is better, but ok without a doubt Bon jovi is better also on this moment

with fake I mean, theyīre just a showband. they care more about show than music

but ok thatīs my opinion
8)

JoviUsedToRock 01-23-2004 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bob
first of all I didnīt say which band is better, but ok without a doubt Bon jovi is better also on this moment

with fake I mean, theyīre just a showband. they care more about show than music

but ok thatīs my opinion

8)

I don't see how that is a bad thing wanting to put on a good show. like i said i love the old BJ. noone can touch those songs, prayer, wanted, bad medicine ect and never probably will. but come on you put on the darkness album and then all about loving you.. :roll: . it is a shame that jovi can't be rock nomore :mad:

Shai Hulud 01-23-2004 10:33 PM

I think that these days the Darkness is better than Bon Jovi, especially after BJ released that TLFR crap. But the Darkness is not really that good. Maybe Bon Jovi will turn rock again. We have to have faith.