Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Destination Anywhere.. (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=48446)

Becky 06-24-2009 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crushgen24/88 (Post 927507)
I think Jon's ego did play apart in getting Blaze on CR, however the song was a massive number one hit that many in the casual world didn't know wasn't a band song, was played by the band at the high profile Academy Awards, and let's not forget that the band played it like 60 times on the KTF tour.

I'm not sure how ego would figure into it. There's no way that the record company would have allowed them to not put Blaze on that CD. The song won a Golden Globe and an American Music Award. It was nominated for multiple Grammys and an Academy Award.

Quote:

They did Stranger several times in 1995 and it sounded great. If the audience can't hold their fluids for the duration of a two-hour concert, that's their problem. They should piss in their pants then. Since Richie doesn't play in stadiums on his solo tours, Bon Jovi shows are the only times when he can play Stranger to large crowds and it's good for the soccer moms to hear some blues for a change.
Are you trying to convince me or the rest of the world? I said nothing about whether Richie should or shouldn't play the song. I just said I've seen it done several times through the years and it never went over well. If I were Richie, that kind of reaction would bother me and I'd try something else too. Personally, I'd rather hear him sing a solo song than a band song, but I don't think it's going to happen because the audience reacts poorly to his solo material.

KathleenV 07-14-2009 01:52 PM

I love it!!!!!!!!!!

TheseDays2005 07-15-2009 01:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KathleenV (Post 930476)
I love it!!!!!!!!!!

I'm confused, what you love? Destination Anywhere, Blaze of Glory, Stranger in this town or Crossroad even

Matrix15 07-15-2009 02:23 AM

I think Destination has a very interesting sound - it's quite a dark and moody album but has some quite smooth and sexy songs like New orleans. In a way it's a these days/Crush transition - It's got mature themes ala These days but it's still got the tempo and some off the enthusiasm crush has. I'd also say that some of the songs like ugly would've fit nicely on crush.

Overall, I thinks it's a solid little album, I prefer these days as that has some of my fav songs but it still ain't half bad. :turn-l:

ZB_ 07-15-2009 02:58 AM

I like just a few songs off that album. The title track is absolutely the best. It's the Bon Jovi level. Great lyrics, melody, solo (!).

MrIks from Finland 07-15-2009 07:09 AM

DA is an good album but I don't think it's great... I like Janie, Midnight in Chelsea, Ugly and Destination a lot but the other ones aren't good enough to make this album to my favorite ones.
Crush is still in my opinion the best Bon Jovi album in 21st century. Bounce, HAND or LH don't get even close.
I find Crush very enjoyable and easy to listen...

steel_horse75 07-15-2009 10:12 AM

IMO Crush is their worst album of the 21st century - it lacks any great songs. They are all filler and no killer!

Mongoose 07-17-2009 02:16 PM

I used to listen to DA when I had just got our first PC, it was literally on a constant repeat (1998?) so everytime I hear the album now I get the urge to play Total Annihilation and X-Com Apocalypse all day long :(

Mongoose 07-17-2009 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by p34semm (Post 930579)
IMO Crush is their worst album of the 21st century - it lacks any great songs. They are all filler and no killer!

Just Older?!??!!

DryCounty 07-17-2009 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mongoose (Post 930864)
Just Older?!??!!

Two Story Town ?!?!?!?!