Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Richie Sambora!!! (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70391)

Rdkopper 01-12-2019 04:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOVANAfromPeru (Post 1250036)

Lol

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

richiefan95 01-13-2019 11:26 AM

I don't know if this has been discussed before but when Richie broke his shoulder in 2005 or 2006 (I don't remember exactly) did Jon hire before the leg another guitarist?
I wonder because Phil X was put on hold for may before Richie went into rehab. Knowing what a professional Jon is I can imagine that somebody was hired.
Does anybody know something about that?

Captain_jovi 01-13-2019 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by richiefan95 (Post 1250089)
I don't know if this has been discussed before but when Richie broke his shoulder in 2005 or 2006 (I don't remember exactly) did Jon hire before the leg another guitarist?
I wonder because Phil X was put on hold for may before Richie went into rehab. Knowing what a professional Jon is I can imagine that somebody was hired.

No, I don't think so. At that point Bobby was the secondary guitar player, when Richie went to Rehab five years later there was no back up scenario in place so I can't imagine there one in 2006.

richiefan95 01-13-2019 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1250095)
No, I don't think so. At that point Bobby was the secondary guitar player, when Richie went to Rehab five years later there was no back up scenario in place so I can't imagine there one in 2006.

At 5:55 (www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJkzPyKEn8w&t=875s)Phil says that Jon called him on April 14th 2011. That is two weeks before Richie went into rehab. So there was defenetly a Plan B because they sensed that something was wrong with Richie i guess.

So i assume when you have only a two week break from a leg and your guitar player breaks his shoulder you need to look for an alternative. Bobby wasn't able to play those songs in Jons opinion so I am sure they looked for someone.

bonjovi90 01-13-2019 07:27 PM

Phil X was put on hold between the Lost Highway and the Circle tour, on the recommendation of Shanks.
He wasn't around in 2007 when Richie had to check out for the first time or Bobby wouldn't have had to pay lead guitar in Puerto Rico.

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 5X mit Tapatalk

Captain_jovi 01-13-2019 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by richiefan95 (Post 1250096)
At 5:55 (www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJkzPyKEn8w&t=875s)Phil says that Jon called him on April 14th 2011. That is two weeks before Richie went into rehab. So there was defenetly a Plan B because they sensed that something was wrong with Richie i guess.

So i assume when you have only a two week break from a leg and your guitar player breaks his shoulder you need to look for an alternative. Bobby wasn't able to play those songs in Jons opinion so I am sure they looked for someone.

Someone needing rehab has far more warning signs and the need for a backup plan. Breaking your shoulder is pretty sudden and you can't really prepare for it. From what I recall Jon asked Richie if they should cancel, Richie said no he can do it and worked his ass off.

2006 is before things started going topsy turvy, I have zero confidence in the idea that a backup guitarist was in place.

YOVANAfromPeru 01-14-2019 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1250045)
Lol

Like james_d said when I got banned, you all are still strangers... Some disinterested ones are funny, like the last one I received today that it was a joke about Walls and BAT... jajaj.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1250098)
2006 is before things started going topsy turvy

Isn't June 2006 when some members of JoviTalk in the front row smelled alcohol?

Quote:

Originally Posted by richiefan95 (Post 1250089)

There was some time to recover since Richie broke his shoulder in March 2006 and the Japan leg started in April...

WhamATC 01-14-2019 09:12 AM

I definitely remember someone saying they noticed the smell of alcohol at the front row

Rdkopper 01-14-2019 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhamATC (Post 1250112)
I definitely remember someone saying they noticed the smell of alcohol at the front row

Wait... someone at the show who had front row seats, smelled alcohol and blamed Richie for that?

Captain_jovi 01-14-2019 03:08 PM

Yeah that is the most batshit justification I've ever heard.