Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   New Bon Jovi Releases (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   2020: The New Album (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70436)

Captain_jovi 04-15-2020 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liljovi93 (Post 1263273)
The album is postponed because Jon sells tickets with the album and now, it's too far away if they brought the album out

Yeah but that's a jaded way of looking at it. You're not wrong but it's ALSO irresponsible to put something out in stores and encourage people to leave home to get it. It's not in anyone's best interest to put something into stores with this going on.

Captain_jovi 04-15-2020 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1263275)
What does any of this even mean? I need the whole thing to understand what they are taking about... What is happening in two years? They are putting a limit on concert venues because of a virus that could be gone in nine months? And Jon wouldn't apart to playing to a smaller audience?

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

There are articles, and I'm not saying they are right or wrong, that are predicting it could be a year or two before large scale events (Anything over a few thousand people) can resume again. Until we get to a point where the virus is contained or a vaccine is out, all events of that magnitude are on hold. It sure could be gone in 9 months but this also could drag on for awhile. Even if a vaccine comes out in 9 months it will be a cluster with every postponed act fighting for the same venues and then there's marketing and waiting. Even then a lot of people won't feel comfortable being in large crowds for a while. This whole thing is really something different.

I don't see Jon switching to theatres only tours. I'd hope he would and give a chance to play rarer stuff but for as much as their fanbase has dropped off arena wise, they have more than enough to fill theatres which means more greatest hits (and the same album cuts played ad-nausem) shows.

liljovi93 04-15-2020 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1263277)
Yeah but that's a jaded way of looking at it. You're not wrong but it's ALSO irresponsible to put something out in stores and encourage people to leave home to get it. It's not in anyone's best interest to put something into stores with this going on.

Oh no, I get that too. Jeez.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

JackieBlue 04-15-2020 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1263277)

Do people even go to record stores anymore? I mean, for anything other than collectibles? I thought most everything was purchased online.

Captain_jovi 04-16-2020 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JackieBlue (Post 1263280)
Do people even go to record stores anymore? I mean, for anything other than collectibles? I thought most everything was purchased online.

I think there are people who are very computer savvy and are able to get what they need online. There are certainly sections of North America where it's still about CDS. We're not talking even close to a majority. I hate painting with too wide a brush without real numbers to back me up but I feel like there are a lot of older Bon Jovi fans who are still in that world. But you could be right, a lot of it could be online for them. I have a hunch it wouldn't be record starts so much as Target, Walmart, etc that they'd get it from.

JackieBlue 04-16-2020 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1263275)
What does any of this even mean? I need the whole thing to understand what they are taking about... What is happening in two years? They are putting a limit on concert venues because of a virus that could be gone in nine months? And Jon wouldn't apart to playing to a smaller audience?

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

There's a link in this tweet:

https://mobile.twitter.com/sternshow...42423354355712

If you don't have the app you may have to download it but it's free until May 15. Or it may give you the option to listen online. IDK, bc I have the app so it went straight to it.

rolo_tomachi 04-16-2020 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1263281)
I think there are people who are very computer savvy and are able to get what they need online. There are certainly sections of North America where it's still about CDS. We're not talking even close to a majority. I hate painting with too wide a brush without real numbers to back me up but I feel like there are a lot of older Bon Jovi fans who are still in that world. But you could be right, a lot of it could be online for them. I have a hunch it wouldn't be record starts so much as Target, Walmart, etc that they'd get it from.

Buying physical copies online is also the option, you can buy on amazon and they have it brought home.

Anyway, many supermarkets are open, they also sell music, if you are going to buy basic necessities from those places, you can get the album too.

liljovi93 04-16-2020 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1263285)
Buying physical copies online is also the option, you can buy on amazon and they have it brought home.

Anyway, many supermarkets are open, they also sell music, if you are going to buy basic necessities from those places, you can get the album too.

This is true.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

bonjovi90 04-16-2020 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1263285)

But that doesn't apply to all countries in the world, maybe to big superarket chains like Walmart in the US. Here in Germany, you can rarely buy stuff like this in supermarkets.

You finally need to get over the fact that it won't be released next month. You'll surely get it at some point in the future :mrgreen:

JackieBlue 04-16-2020 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1263281)

Yeah, I was thinking more like Amazon. I haven't been to Walmart or Target since the lockdown started; but my niece says everything at Walmart is blocked off except for the pharmacy and groceries. I don't know how widespread that is, though.