Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Will there ever be another "Bon Jovi" for you? (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=33763)

SamboraQueen21 01-20-2006 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbjhand
there will never ever be another bon jovi for me.
and the main reason is whenever i have crap times in my life the music always lifts me up. i had a real shit end to last year and i keep listening to songs like everyday and bounce and sat night hand. because it always lifts me.
i mean i totally agree with you about the gigs and all the excitment that goes with it. you know when you get so much out of one band and the songs that get you through.
i would love to meet them all one day and just say thanks i really hope they realise how much it means to people.

Yes that is what i mean. There isn't just one song of theirs that has meaning it is so many songs that touch you in different ways. And I didn't mean they are just so important to me because of the live shows. It is so much more than that... so many AMAZING lyrics that I think of many times throughout the day to keep me going when things in life suck. I don't think the guys know how much they REALLY mean to people.. it would be impossible for them to know the kind of impact they have had on people. They know they are loved by many fans but they have really made such an impact on my life and many others. The entire band is very special....

jbjhand 01-20-2006 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SamboraQueen21
Yes that is what i mean. There isn't just one song of theirs that has meaning it is so many songs that touch you in different ways. And I didn't mean they are just so important to me because of the live shows. It is so much more than that... so many AMAZING lyrics that I think of many times throughout the day to keep me going when things in life suck. I don't think the guys know how much they REALLY mean to people.. it would be impossible for them to know the kind of impact they have had on people. They know they are loved by many fans but they have really made such an impact on my life and many others. The entire band is very special....

i agree with you 100% . my nan died in november and since then my life has been totally crazy i get up for work at 7am get home shower go see my grandad and i dont get a break till at least 9pm everyday. and the other day i was so screwed tired just worn out i didnt know where to get the next drop of energy from . i put on raise your hands live dvd and acted like i was there and that got me through the next few hours. i really wonder honestly sometimes what else i would get those moments from

tweety_b 01-20-2006 12:54 AM

Bon Jovi mean just too much to me, and have too much importance in my life... I love other bands, other singers, but it's not "the same". I would never do the crazy things I did (I'm doing and I will do) for anyone but Bon Jovi.
It's hard to explain it, because you can't understand if you are not a fan... I've been trying with many people but in the end...it's my secret, I know how good it is and it's just too good to share it with other fans. it always makes me happy :)
And then, I think Bon Jovi are somehow a part of my destiny...thanks to them I've met one of the most important people in my life. I'm sure it's how it was meant to be from the beginning. Call it karma, call it luck... there will never be another Bon Jovi for me, that's a fact!

Arthuro_Adam 01-20-2006 12:58 AM

I like many other bands, but Bon Jovi will always be the number 1. I don't think, that I would be find another "Bon Jovi" for me.

Peter Mc 01-20-2006 01:41 AM

To be honest there are probably bands I listen to more than Bon Jovi these days but I still get ridiculously excited whenever a new album comes out more so than any other band. The same when they tour, I get excited about seeing all my favourite bands but it's just something different with Bon Jovi. It's probably because I grew up with them, I started listening to them in 86 when I was 10 years old. I think I listened to Slippery every day for the next 2 years and then New Jersey the same. They were my favourite band in the world and my most important possessions. Then there was the split and I was was devastated thinking I would never get to see them. I must have watched Access All Areas about 100 times getting so jealous of all those people who got to see them. I don't think I've ever been as excited in my life as the day Keep The Faith was released and they were back.

As I say in recent years there are bands I now listen to more but nothing will ever replace Bon Jovi in my heart. When you go back to them after not listening for a while it's like going back to an old friend. It's hard to describe but Jon's voice, Richie's guitar, the Jon and Richie vocal harmonies, it's just so much a fabric of my life. There will never be another Bon Jovi for me.

Living_on_my_Hair 01-20-2006 01:49 AM

my my, doesnt this thread just warm the old heart! nice to see a thread like this on this board, and it hasnt descended into backstage territory with ''i love you jonnnn'' rants. yet.

I too listen to sooo many other other bands these days, some times i might go some weeks without listning to my jovi collection, but nothing even comes close to them.

When i tell ppl my favourite songs/artists etc i always start with something like ''with the exception of Bon Jovi, my favourite songs/whatever are..'' as they are still a whole league above everyone else. Its not just the songs, as yes some of the newer stuff has been weaker, but its the connection you make with them, the memories, growing up listning to them etc etc Now dont get me wrong, the songs arent half bad either..

andi

SamboraQueen21 01-20-2006 04:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter Mc
different with Bon Jovi. It's probably because I grew up with them, I started listening to them in 86 when I was 10 years old. I think I listened to Slippery every day for the next 2 years and then New Jersey the same. They were my favourite band in the world and my most important possessions.

I remember when I was really young talking like 1986/87ish being 6 years old and at my house MTV was always on in the background. It's funny because i can remember certain videos that i would sing and dance around to when I took a break from playing and coloring. George Harrison I Got My Mind Set On You and Debbie Gibson Shake Your Love were two i remember and Livin on A Prayer was one of the other ones. Of course when I was six I never knew who was singing it just knew the song as it was played a million times. Anyway when years later when I became a fan around the time of KTF I went and bought SWW heard Prayer and I was like hey I know this song .. this is Bon Jovi? It was like i knew them all along!

Quote:

Then there was the split and I was was devastated thinking I would never get to see them. I must have watched Access All Areas about 100 times getting so jealous of all those people who got to see them. I don't think I've ever been as excited in my life as the day Keep The Faith was released and they were back.
They never split up..... they just took a much needed break

Quote:

As I say in recent years there are bands I now listen to more but nothing will ever replace Bon Jovi in my heart. When you go back to them after not listening for a while it's like going back to an old friend. It's hard to describe but Jon's voice, Richie's guitar, the Jon and Richie vocal harmonies, it's just so much a fabric of my life. There will never be another Bon Jovi for me.
Well said! They are like old friends- I definitely agree!

SamboraQueen21 01-20-2006 04:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Living_on_my_Hair
my my, doesnt this thread just warm the old heart! nice to see a thread like this on this board, and it hasnt descended into backstage territory with ''i love you jonnnn'' rants. yet.

I too listen to sooo many other other bands these days, some times i might go some weeks without listning to my jovi collection, but nothing even comes close to them.

When i tell ppl my favourite songs/artists etc i always start with something like ''with the exception of Bon Jovi, my favourite songs/whatever are..'' as they are still a whole league above everyone else. Its not just the songs, as yes some of the newer stuff has been weaker, but its the connection you make with them, the memories, growing up listning to them etc etc Now dont get me wrong, the songs arent half bad either..

andi

I agree! They are in a whole league above everyone else for me too.. that is why there will never be another band like them ever....

bjcrazycpa 01-20-2006 05:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SamboraQueen21
It really is tough to explain, I agree. It's such a strong CONNECTION that started a long time ago and never went away. It keeps getting stronger. I can still listen to songs that I have heard a million times and literally be like "God what a great song, I love that line" and get excited. I still crank them up everytime they come on the radio and get a little excited like yup that's my band! That is why I hope that we will lucky enough to keep getting new music for many years to come. Like I said I am 25~ saw my first show in '95 and I can't help but think what would it be like if there was no more Bon Jovi? If Bon Jovi was not still around who would take their place in my life? No one would. I would still be a music fan, I would get into other bands and artists but not the way it is with Bon Jovi. I would feel like I was missing out on something because they are responsible for bringing alot of happiness and enjoyment to me. Way too many hours to add up. I just really "Get Them" if you know what I mean. The people who don't get it probably think it is weird.. i don't know the guys in the band, but the years I have spent following their career and being a fan makes me feel that there is that connection there ... I guess you either get it or you don't. I definitely get it and that is why I know I will never ever feel the way I feel about Bon Jovi with anyone else.

Lizz, very well said. I feel the EXACT same way as you do. I've been a Bon Jovi fan since 1985 (I was 21 then, I'm now 41), and like you, thought, eventually this intense flame for all that is Bon Jovi, the songs and the live shows will start to die down. But, here I am 20 years later, and the flame burns higher now then ever. I too love music and listen to a lot of different stuff and go to other concerts but NO ONE hits me like Bon Jovi. Like you said, even the songs you've heard a zillion times, you can still feel like they are new in some ways. It's a great feeling. Ha ha, when you are in your 40's they (and me) will be in their late 50's and 60's so who knows if they'll still be touring but for now we'll enjoy the ride while it lasts.

deb

SamboraQueen21 01-20-2006 05:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjcrazycpa
Lizz, very well said. I feel the EXACT same way as you do. I've been a Bon Jovi fan since 1985 (I was 21 then, I'm now 41), and like you, thought, eventually this intense flame for all that is Bon Jovi, the songs and the live shows will start to die down. But, here I am 20 years later, and the flame burns higher now then ever. I too love music and listen to a lot of different stuff and go to other concerts but NO ONE hits me like Bon Jovi. Like you said, even the songs you've heard a zillion times, you can still feel like they are new in some ways. It's a great feeling. Ha ha, when you are in your 40's they (and me) will be in their late 50's and 60's so who knows if they'll still be touring but for now we'll enjoy the ride while it lasts.

deb

Believe me if they are still touring in their 50's/60's I will be there.... going to concerts is gonna keep me young LOL!!! I am still going to want to do shows when I am 40 Come on ~40 is not old- Just older! By that time maybe I will even have $ to do more shows than I do now... But that is what I'm saying.. 20 years from now i just wonder what concerts will I be really exicted to see? Fingers crossed Jon stays true to his words of being like the Stones and Sinatra and playing til he's 80...