Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Richie Sambora!!! (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70391)

Rdkopper 04-26-2020 11:57 PM

I'm sure they need Richie's approval to release stuff. Bow they don't need it anymore

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

Thinny 04-27-2020 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1263765)
I'm sure they need Richie's approval to release stuff. Bow they don't need it anymore

That's not how it works. Do you really think Richie's approval is what's stopping Jon releasing unreleaed stuff?

YOVANAfromPeru 04-27-2020 12:07 AM

I guess now there's not need to negotiations directly between JBJ and Richie.
But I was always under the impression that JBJ does what he wants, I mean I remember when JBJ put Sunday Morning on Burning Bridges and Richie said something about it was nice to see his name on the credits of the song...

Anyway, anybody saw Richie's part last night in "ALL Together NOW!"? I was watching but I fall asleep so many times (It was a long stream)
Never mind, Richie is not on the list anymore... I guess he did not show up... lol

JackieBlue 04-28-2020 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOVANAfromPeru (Post 1263770)
...Never mind, Richie is not on the list anymore... I guess he did not show up... lol

Cute! But wrong. :p

richiefan95 04-28-2020 07:22 PM

Richie with Nile Rodgers. If I remember it correctly only a short instagram clip was shared from this performance.
If it was shared already. Sorry

Walleris 04-28-2020 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by richiefan95 (Post 1263819)
?Livin? On a Prayer?, ft. Richie Sambora and Nile Rodgers & CHIC live in London, February 19, 2020 - YouTube
Richie with Nile Rodgers. If I remember it correctly only a short instagram clip was shared from this performance.
If it was shared already. Sorry

Thanks for sharing.

Richie's voice sounds great, but he messes way too much with the melody and skips a lot of lyrics, which makes it a lot less enjoyable.

I don't even think it's a substance issue anymore as his face seems normal, but he's probably just used to not having to follow any kind of structure when playing these songs for the past 6 years and that's how he performs nowadays. It's not like Nile Rodgers or any other celebrity musician he's jamming with is going to tell him to dial down on that "improv". His ex-girlfriend certainly didn't.

If he ever goes on a tour for his new album, I just hope it sounds more organised and less like RSO did.

Thinny 04-28-2020 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Walleris (Post 1263825)
Thanks for sharing.

Richie's voice sounds great, but he messes way too much with the melody and skips a lot of lyrics, which makes it a lot less enjoyable.

It's taken from the soundcheck not the actual gig I believe, so he won't be singing it as he would on stage, hence the parts missed etc.

He has always sang the melodies to any BJ song he does in his own style, I really don't hear that much difference in the way he sings this to the version on the B-Side of the In It For Love single back in 98. He's never going to sing things the way Jon sings them.

Walleris 04-28-2020 11:09 PM

Richie Sambora!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thinny (Post 1263826)
It's taken from the soundcheck not the actual gig I believe, so he won't be singing it as he would on stage, hence the parts missed etc.

He has always sang the melodies to any BJ song he does in his own style, I really don't hear that much difference in the way he sings this to the version on the B-Side of the In It For Love single back in 98. He's never going to sing things the way Jon sings them.

This being a soundcheck is a fair point, but “His own style” is not. I’m not comparing him to Jon. Richie in 2012 sang these songs in his own style, but he was still keeping up with the melody and the tempo, not slurring (or completely missing) lines, like he’s been doing in many performances since 2014; to which most people speculatively blamed substance abuse. He sounds better here, but there’s still a lot of that erratic singing that he only started doing post-Jovi.

Here’s an example of Prayer from 2012 where he sang in his own style, but he sounds “sharp” (for the lack of better word), unlike in this new performance.
https://youtu.be/4EjQhqEfuQY

Thinny 04-28-2020 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Walleris (Post 1263827)
This being a soundcheck is a fair point, but “His own style” is not. I’m not comparing him to Jon. Richie in 2012 sang these songs in his own style, but he was still keeping up with the melody and the tempo, not slurring (or completely missing) lines, like he’s been doing in many performances since 2014; to which most people speculatively blamed substance abuse. He sounds better here, but there’s still a lot of that erratic singing that he only started doing post-Jovi.

Here’s an example of Prayer from 2012 where he sang in his own style, but he sounds “sharp” (for the lack of better word), unlike in this new performance.
https://youtu.be/4EjQhqEfuQY

We will just have to agree to disagree. I'm not hearing a massive difference. It's not like he's going off on a massive tangent with the melody choices.

YOVANAfromPeru 04-29-2020 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JackieBlue (Post 1263812)
Cute! But wrong. :p

So no performance? Maybe that explains why his name was on the page list and then they removed it...