Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   New Bon Jovi Releases (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Rate: American Reckoning (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70722)

Captain_jovi 07-11-2020 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nickolai (Post 1265466)
He is right to write about it, but not everyone is logical and measured. And will turn it political. BLM came off the back of this in the UK and that certainly was political.

People sometimes want to turn to music to escape the political bullshit going on around the world and, for me personally, it’s not something I need to listen to again. I’m more than aware that George Floyd was brutally murdered

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's fair. I think I'm just tired of the last 20 years of bumper sticker material from the band and it's cool to see something of substance. It's not like the board was raving with pride and accolades over the empty-well-meaning songs from the last ten years. They're in a real damned if you do damned if you don't at this point of the career.

Captain_jovi 07-11-2020 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nickolai (Post 1265467)
Yes I know, you’re right. But not everyone thinks like that. It’s a sad reality.

So why SHOULD Jon cater to the people who don't think like that? If he writes to appease people specifically to have them as a fan that's twice as bad. I'd rather he go down writing and singing what he believes in then stand in the middle of the road being beige. You guys want Jon to be a rock star that speaks his mind? You have him with this one.

nickolai 07-11-2020 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1265468)
That's fair. I think I'm just tired of the last 20 years of bumper sticker material from the band and it's cool to see something of substance. It's not like the board was raving with pride and accolades over the empty-well-meaning songs from the last ten years. They're in a real damned if you do damned if you don't at this point of the career.

I get it entirely. 37 years of writing music I guess it’s only so long you can write about the same stuff. It’s just not my cup of tea. I’m hoping the new album has some decent rock to it at least

Captain_jovi 07-11-2020 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nickolai (Post 1265470)
I get it entirely. 37 years of writing music I guess it’s only so long you can write about the same stuff. It’s just not my cup of tea. I’m hoping the new album has some decent rock to it at least

Yeah, same boat. I don't want a full album of downers about how the world is.

Rdkopper 07-11-2020 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1265465)
I just don't understand what the implication is. A man died after being pinned down for 8 minutes. People are rioting and revolting because that's not right. I don't see that as politics, it's a human injustice.

You want the truthful answer to that question!!! It's the Democrats that made it political... They turned it into a Trump thing so they could use it against him in the election. Just like the way they take every negative situation and turn it against him. That's how desperate they are. And of course, you have to believe everything the media says.

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

Captain_jovi 07-11-2020 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1265472)
You want the truthful answer to that question!!! It's the Democrats that made it political... They turned it into a Trump thing so they could use it against him in the election. Just like the way they take every negative situation and turn it against him. That's how desperate they are. And of course, you have to believe everything the media says.

I love love LOVE how you turned me saying "I don't think this is about Trump" and turned it around to say that. So hell-bent on disproving a point I wasn't even making.

Rdkopper 07-11-2020 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1265473)
I love love LOVE how you turned me saying "I don't think this is about Trump" and turned it around to say that. So hell-bent on disproving a point I wasn't even making.

That's your answer to why it got political...

faith1985 07-11-2020 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1265472)

Yes, not about Trump. It is about racism. But he should have spoken out against it but again, he was too busy talking about himself instead of showing empathy.

Rdkopper 07-11-2020 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by faith1985 (Post 1265475)
Yes, not about Trump. It is about racism. But he should have spoken out against it but again, he was too busy talking about himself instead of showing empathy.

Not heartfelt enough for you? Or did you miss it because the media didn't show it?

Did you see the part where he called the Floyd family wonderful people? Did you see the part where he said justice will be served? Did you see the part where he said he's going to escalate it this from a local to a federal crime?

Such a racist that president! The media is so right. But I'm gullible so I'll just believe what the media said and ignore the actual video I just watched.

And this is why Trump will be reelected in 2020. Not because of the Russians, or the Aliens, or the Martians, or whoever else the Democrats can conjure up.

https://youtu.be/otqkKN-wdl8

Roll 07-12-2020 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1265476)
Not heartfelt enough for you? Or did you miss it because the media didn't show it?

Did you see the part where he called the Floyd family wonderful people? Did you see the part where he said justice will be served? Did you see the part where he said he's going to escalate it this from a local to a federal crime?

Such a racist that president! The media is so right. But I'm gullible so I'll just believe what the media said and ignore the actual video I just watched.

And this is why Trump will be reelected in 2020. Not because of the Russians, or the Aliens, or the Martians, or whoever else the Democrats can conjure up.

https://youtu.be/otqkKN-wdl8

Could you please stop bringing your Trump propaganda any time it's possible ? We're here to talk about music.

And like many here, I don't see what's political about American Reckoning, unless considering everything in life is politics.